• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ItsOKAY

Jan 26, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
Numbers for NSMBDU are great! Switch HW is so good...seems like NSMBDU and SBU are doing thier jobs! But for me....Zelda...man...7...SEVEN spots in front of Mario Oddysey..thats the real story for me. Right now, just pysical wise, Zelda is outselling Mario Oddyssey in Japan and the USA. Incredible!

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
But the story is nonsense! the spin offs were acknewledged!

how is this possible?

tenor.gif
This post is just as nonsense as Kingdom Hearts' story.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe...thank you for being amazing! All the Mario fans like me were always in your corner! A great game that was always going to have great sales on a system that people are actually aware of!

And we'll be back for seconds...of Super Mario Maker 2!

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
KH3 had great marketing too. SE should learn from that campaign with DQ.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
i wonder if the xbox version would have sold more if square would have put the previous games out on it.

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thats alright.

How about what is in your opinion the most surprising chart this month on any platform or overall? Something that is completely out of left field that you weren't expecting?

KH3, RE3 and AC7 all significantly exceeded prior versions or set franchise best launch months. How well each did was surprising. Also surprising were the declines across accessories & game cards and non-Switch hardware. Likely going to be a very tough 1H for these comps to offset the Fortnite effect in 2019.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
What's everyone's guess on the platform split for KH III?
Legit I think it's around 85/15-90/10
The fact that it's behind RE2 on Xbox speaks volumes.

I bought it on Xbox btw 😂

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
KH3, RE3 and AC7 all significantly exceeded prior versions or set franchise best launch months. How well each did was surprising. Also surprising were the declines across accessories & game cards and non-Switch hardware. Likely going to be a very tough 1H for these comps to offset the Fortnite effect in 2019.

I've been saying for months KH III is gonna crush. Super Mario Maker is next. Keep an eye out for when it launces in June. Huge numbers
Game cards down in sales, could this be in part due to the decline of 3DS?

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018

With Apex legend being a big hit and multiplayer seemingly dominating the industry now days it's good to see that single player focused games are doing good.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Next Tales of being on Switch as well is a given ...Bamco can't afford to skip the plattform at this point.

After this year Switch will likely be the premier plattform got JRPGs.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Back in the day, KH2 sold over a million units in North America in 4 weeks, as a measure of comparison.

http://www.square-enix.com/na/company/press/2006/0502/

So sales this time round would be... 2.5+ million copies for the first month in US?
Not necessarily, Zhuge beat me to it but Kingdom Hearts came out on March 28th and only had a few days of tracking for its first NPD month. The first 4 weeks PR there would take two NPD months into account so we can't do a direct comparison, especially with special editions and $50 vs. $60 pricing.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah KH3!! Happy for RE2 as well. It was a great month for those games.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see KH3 and RE2 high up in the charts. Also nice to see Tales of Vesperia close to the top 10, but not quite there.

Vesper

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing too shocking here really other than AC7 in top 10 tbh. Also glad people are buying the best controller.

I wish we could get some info on how much money Nintendo/Epic are making off of microtransactions from the Switch version of Fortnite (obviously wouldn't be in NPD), but I'm quite curious.

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
RE2 was the first one I have jumped back in since 5 so I'm glad it's doing well. I like the way the series is headed.

Oct 27, 2017
With Apex legend being a big hit and multiplayer seemingly dominating the industry now days it's good to see that single player focused games are doing good.
I don't know why people assumed single player titles stopped doing well, when it was mostly the case they didn't do as well as equivalently budgeted multiplayer games

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
For those asking, KH3 had 5 days of tracking for the month as the tracking period covered the first 2 days of February too.