• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Good to see KH3 and RE2 still doing well.

Why couldn't you be a good Jump Force?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I thought all the EA haters were saying that Anthem was failing and not selling well...Anthem is here for the long haul...
With all of the hype and Bioware expectations, of course it was going to sell. Bioware's big problem is keeping players on board for the long term to reel in microtransactions, and the game is already shedding players because it launched in a state that could charitably be described as ass.

Oct 26, 2017
I think people are more shocked that a game of Jump Force's, shall we say, "quality" could do so well, without realizing just how many powerful brands they have to exploit in the game, be they legacy like Dragon Ball, Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh and (fuck it, I'll put it in here) Bleach, or newer ones with huge followings like My Hero Academia or One Piece, even if the latter is an emerging one only in the west. Mainstream folks love the idea of a AAA-looking anime game in the mode of Smash Bros., even if it might be kinda shitty.

Even though it hasn't concluded, One Piece is a legacy title, since it's older than Naruto and Bleach.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
the Anthem hate is so silly...how about giving the game more then 3 weeks to succeed...the core gameplay is very solid...they just need to fix the endgame content, loot drops etc...the developers are patching the game and making fixes pretty much every few days...other games like Division 1, Destiny etc all got better after 1 year...Anthem deserves the same respect
Because it is bullshit, I have purchased many games that ultimately I did not like and never batted an eye.

There is no world that any developer would sign off on the delivered state of Anthem. The hard crashes, insane loading, completely non existent stats engine, n existent content and half ass fixes that break more things.

I feel bad for the coders dealing with the fallout, but this game should have been delayed

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I bought Jump Force to play with my nephews and we enjoy it a lot, despite it not being a good game. That's videogames anyway.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As expected, Jump Force sold a ton. The game had a ton of hype on casual circles and 3D fighters like it are more popular than 2D normal fighters.

Also great for Switch picking up again.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised in the slightest by crackdown. I am surprised another bad game in anthem didn't get the same welcome

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Game Pass was just in its beginning state back then. I don't think these games would chart if they launched in 2019.

While true , Crackdown3 has always performed poorly metrics-wise that it would've performed poorly either way imo.

I consider the next measure of whether or not gamepass depresses traditional sales to be Gears 5, which personally I expect to chart and sell on par with gears 4.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Game Pass was just in its beginning state back then. I don't think these games would chart if they launched in 2019.
I think SoT would've still charted, MS put a good amount of weight behind showing it off and doing multiple stream events and the like, lots of developer videos.

CD3 didn't seem to get anywhere near as much pre-launch love

Even though it hasn't concluded, One Piece is a legacy title, since it's older than Naruto and Bleach.
That's why I put in the caveat that it's more of an emerging title in the west, rather than in general. Funimation has done a great job of building it up after how disastrous the US debut was for the series, but it's been a long-ass road for it to travel for westerners.

Oct 27, 2017
The Fire Emblem delay hurt their first half of the year, but what can you do when the quality of the game has to come first? At least it's ending with on a bang with SMM2.

I understand, and I was almost going to note that FE was delayed, but still the reality is they need to figure something out for 2020. Granted it's not affecting them too much, but I think a better lineup, if only just 1-2 big games in early 2018 would have allowed them to hit their original forecast easily

Oct 26, 2017
That's why I put in the caveat that it's more of an emerging title in the west, rather than in general. Funimation has done a great job of building it up after how disastrous the US debut was for the series, but it's been a long-ass road for it to travel for westerners.
Emerging title is misleading.
4Kids put out four One Piece games when they had the license, Viz licensed the manga in 2003, Funimation has had the license to dub the anime since 2007.
Interest may have wavered and newer series are always going to have more of a watercooler appeal, but the western anime community has been well aware about One Piece for over a decade.

TigerBrownie

One Winged Slayer
May 9, 2018
Didn't expect KH3 to be in the top 3 for February, that's great!

Hopefully some of those sales go towards making the Final Mix DLC the greatest Final Mix in the series.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
CD3, jeez. A total failure from start to end. Failure to deliver on lofty cloud compute promises and tons of delays culminating in a critically panned release and commercial bomb. This was an ill-conceived project from the beginning. Hopefully it's the last of MS first party duds. Next-gen is certainly looking more promising in that department.

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I always come to these threads just to see if GTA V charted. It will be something the month it doesn't. Or because GTA VI comes out. lol.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not so sure about tha. I was just checking MS' top played games on Xbox, granted this list isn't for February but Crackdown 3 isn't even in the top 50. I find it hard to believe the game sold well but isn't in the top 50 Xbox games being played now. All signs point to it bombing hard.

Last edited:

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Metro: Exodus was the eighth best-selling game of February. Launch month sales of Metro: Exodus set a new franchise record, besting the month-one sales of Metro: Last Light by nearly 50 percent.

Fantastic! Well deserved.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
daaaamn Crackdown 3 did super bad. I completely even forgot it released in February until people started mentioning it.

Glad to see Kingdom Hearts 3 doing so well though. I need to hurry up and finish the KH collection so I can play it!

And Ace Combat still holding on to that top 10 YTD

Power of Bleach right there.
Now you feel like number 1.

lmao, yeah Bleach is so popular they cancelled the anime.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
First, you elect Trump and now Jump Force sells more than KH 3 and RE 2...

giphy.webp

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
I was one of the people that bought a Pro Controller last month. I think alot of people bought one for Smash and there were (and still are) alot of deals to get one for around $55.