• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017

I feel like I read somewhere that Xenoverse did 10million ? That is pretty close to Smash right ? And that game was kinda average too and is only using the Dragonball IP.

Am talking about a Jump game with Similar critical reception to Smash. A game that would interest more than just Anime fans. Heck it could even be a smash clone like Jump Super stars.

So Jump Force seems to have people shook. Why. And what's a weeb.
I think people are more shocked that a game of Jump Force's, shall we say, "quality" could do so well, without realizing just how many powerful brands they have to exploit in the game, be they legacy like Dragon Ball, Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh and (fuck it, I'll put it in here) Bleach, or newer ones with huge followings like My Hero Academia or One Piece, even if the latter is an emerging one only in the west. Mainstream folks love the idea of a AAA-looking anime game in the mode of Smash Bros., even if it might be kinda shitty.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I read somewhere that Xenoverse did 10million ? That is pretty close to Smash right ? And that game was kinda average too and is only using the Dragonball IP.

Am talking about a Jump game with Similar critical reception to Smash. A game that would interest more than just Anime fans. Heck it could even be a smash clone like Jump Super stars.
smash isn't going to do 10 million tho, but 25 when it's done selling. very few games can sell as much as smash

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
smash isn't going to do 10 million tho, but 25 when it's done selling. very few games can sell as much as smash

Isnt the series best 13.5m currently ? That is kinda what am basing this off. But you seem to have different intentions. Am not really talking about Future sales predictions or w/e.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
PBF071-Weeaboo.gif

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Crackdown 3 was essentially being sold as 2 dollar game with all the game pass ads they had plastered all over the place. I doubt MS cares how much the game sold and are just happy the game is done.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Amazing about Jump Force. I guess there is a real thirst for game to answer the ageless question of, "What would happen if Anime Character A and B fought?"

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isnt the series best 13.5m currently ? That is kinda what am basing this off. But you seem to have different intentions. Am not really talking about Future sales predictions or w/e.
smash ultimate is already at 13 million, a month after launch. it's going to keep selling for years. you have very weird expectations to what a good jump game can do

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like once again the forums and sales are at odds. Biowares second biggest month but it will be interesting to see how far it falls next month.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoverse did 10m after 3 years.

Smash Ultimate did 12m in 3 weeks.

Point is again. Xenoverse didn't exactly set the gaming world on fire and is using only one IP ( although the biggest one )

Am just saying the potential TO Sell that much is there , when even bad games are capable of selling this much.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe Jump Force did that well for a total sh*t game. Guess Shonen sells no matter what as long as Dragon Ball and Naruto are involved.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think it's going to be a long time before we see another Crackdown. At least it closes the chapter of a long and bumpy road.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
smash ultimate is already at 13 million, a month after launch. it's going to keep selling for years. you have very weird expectations to what a good jump game can do

Idk. These games seem pretty bad to me , yet they seem to be selling a lot. I personally never really picked em up since they still play like the PS2 games. But an actual good game would possible interest way more people , outside of just the hardcore fans of the anime.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
Point is again. Xenoverse didn't exactly set the gaming world on fire and is using only one IP ( although the biggest one )

Am just saying the potential TO Sell that much is there , when even bad games are capable of selling this much.

xenoverse is also a multiplatform game

that's a big difference.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
So Anthem would have to sell 4-5 mil in March for EA to hit that goal. This will be interesting.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
How do the MLB game sell? I forget

Anyway, Division 2 will be 1 and Sekiro will be 2 in March. That's my official prediction

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I thought all the EA haters were saying that Anthem was failing and not selling well...Anthem is here for the long haul...

Apa504

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No shit? Thats part of why am saying it would sell. It is on a much bigger install base.

Lol why are people taking this like its some Smash vs Jump debate. I didn't really intend it to be one.

Because your info is not correct. The 10 million figure is for both Xenoverse, and Xenoverse 2.