• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind Anthem on this list does not include it's PC sales or PC Origin Premiere member access.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Top 10 best selling titles (Year to Date 2019)
  1. Kingdom Hearts III
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Are y'all really puzzled by jump force? Look at the brands attached and the ones they pushed the most. Got hype at e3 too

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Crackdown 3 didn't even chart, I'm dying

And neither sku is charting under most played.

It's dead jim

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Gamepads" are the classification terminology for non joystick/wheel controllers. For Switch it includes the Pro Controller and Joy-Cons, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
I figured CD3 wouldn't do well after the UK chart but this is...... The chart even includes digital (MS is quite strong here) but you'd still have to go way down? Wow.

Anthem seems to have done pretty well in US. At least it has that going for it. Now, we monitor the legs.

I see ya down there, Spidey.

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
Expected to see Anthem there, but Jump Force is quite a surprise. Nonetheless, very happy with Black Ops 4 maintaining a strong position. Not bad for Anthem at all too, will be surprised if it drops from the top 10 before October.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Having two such trash titles at the top speaks poorly of what we're prepared to accept from our full priced releases these days.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Sea of Thieves charted 2nd on its release month

CD3 must of sold quite poorly

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
You have to go a really long way down the chart before you find Crackdown 3

This destroys the narrative of Microsoft claiming that Game Pass can lead to increase the normal sales of the titles featured in the service.

Yeah, that point has been proven valid for multiplayer games intended as GAS, because it will increase the player base and it will boost the popularity of the title.

But for games more focused in the single player aspect, this will lead to a heavy cut on the initial sales.

The only way in which a small developer can benefice from releasing a single player game debuting on Game Pass, is if they have a limited budget for marketing AND they are releasing the game in other systems the same day.

So the visibility of Game pass will boost the sales of the title in the other systems.

But by releasing the game only on Game Pass?

This is a recipe for disaster in the case of single player games.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see Jump Force sell despite the poor reception on this site. The story mode definitely sucks, but the game as a whole isn't bad, and it has one of the better combat in a 3D arena fighting game mechanically. Hope this encourages them to give us more Season Passes so we can get the characters we deserve.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Jump Force jumps up while Crackdown shows its cracks. But overall the charts don't seem too surprising. Not like Anthem had any competition for the top spot.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This destroys the narrative of Microsoft claiming that Game Pass can lead to increase the normal sales of the titles featured in the service.

Yeah, that point has been proven valid for multiplayer games intended as GAS, because it will increase the player base and it will boost the popularity of the title.

But for games more focused in the single player aspect, this will lead to a heavy cut on the initial sales.

The only way in which a small developer can benefice from releasing a single player game debuting on Game Pass, is if they have a limited budget for marketing AND they are releasing the game in other systems the same day.

So the visibility of Game pass will boost the sales of the title in the other systems.

Uh. How does crackdown 3, a game that had no hype and reviewed bad destroy that narrative? Is this a troll post?

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

We need more data than 1 title for this to destroy their narrative. Crackdown 3 may have sold even less than it did without GamePass for all we know. We need to see more single player focused games launch day and date in GamePass before we can just end the discussion.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Given the name brands involved, it was selling no matter what
Yup, and I'm sure they spent quite a bit on marketing that game, I kept seeing ads for it everywhere. Even Fanta sodas here in Peru have ads for the game.
I guess. I just don't see Naruto and DBZ as mainstream brands really but I guess I'm wrong.
WHAT? Yeah I know avatar quote and all, but didn't you see the crowds for Dragon Ball and how the latest movie did? DB/DBZ/DBS is mainstream as fuck.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
But should those count as sales?

No, but it counts as revenue for EA and I'm sure they have some way to account for that into their numbers in some form or fashion. I'm not an analyst or accounting member of EA to figure out how they do it, but they 100% take those accounts into account when looking at things.

Even more so if said subscribers spent money in game.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Surprising that the Switch still managed to get good sales despite that there were barely any notable releases this month (I think the only one was Steins Gate? And even that is extremely niche).

Nov 3, 2017
Anthem was the best-selling game of February 2019, and it is now the second best-selling game of 2019. Anthem represents the second highest launch month sales ever recorded for a BioWare developed game, trailing only the March 2012 release of Mass Effect 3.

Huh, I could have sworn I read statements from EA and BioWare that Dragon Age Inquisition had their best launch month sales

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if MLB 2019 will be able to top MLB 2018 as best selling entry of the franchise (launch month)