• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the success of MK11 on Switch DESTROYS for good that notion that high profile 3rd party games cannot perform on the Switch. Every multi platform games should be on the Switch, no more excuses ! Capcom, Square Enix, EA, Activision, Ubisoft, etc...

tenor.gif

Next gen will be interesting. Right now, power wise, switch is hanging on in keeping up with PS4/XB1.Some games would work and some not. But lowering the res and/or halving the framerate plus lowering lighting and textures can get it there decently.

Next gen will be fun to watch though.

The gulf in power between switch and PS5 will be MASSIVE. Taping 10 Switches together might get it there.

I don't expect that .gif will be used anymore, lol.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the success of MK11 on Switch DESTROYS for good that notion that high profile 3rd party games cannot perform on the Switch. Every multi platform games should be on the Switch, no more excuses ! Capcom, Square Enix, EA, Activision, Ubisoft, etc...

tenor.gif
Err...do you not get that stuff like RE engine straight up doesn't run on the switch? That's an excuse.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
hm, FF10 behind Zelda on the Switch charts.

are the PS4, Vita, PC sales that much to make it overtake Zelda BOTW Switch + Zelda BOTW Wii U?

guess so.
You make several assumptions that very possibly could be wrong:
1. That there is a significant difference between no. 6 and no. 8 in the Switch chart (it could be a small difference, we don't know)
2. That the WiiU version of BOTW had anything close to significant sales (at this stage in the WIiU's life, this one I definitely doubt)

So while of course FF10 sold something elsewhere, it doesn't necessarily have to be much (especially since it is not in any other top 10 except Switch).

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Capcom got MT Framework on 3DS along Street Fighter IV and two Resident Evil games and yet said "lol Wii can't run the RE5 title screen"as for not bringing RE5 to Wii.

Then admitted to be surprised at what Cavia did with Darkside Chronicles.

So sometimes not even them know what can be done with hardware. :p

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Put another way, they said can't know either way if it is a lack of games or buyers. honestly it's probably a mix of both.
And what, except "past Nintendo consoles" (which the Switch audience is significantly different from) are you basing this on?

Also, as they later said, they didn't mean the latter
ok, because then I don't know why you had to say it's not the latter when I didn't even suggested it. I was explaining that what I wrote initially could be interpreted either way and I meant the former.

Nocturno

Oct 27, 2017
Glad that MK 11 is selling well despite the little rough launch.

Easily one of the top 5 FG of this generation.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
MK11 is the first major third party title that isn't a late port on Switch so I'm not surprised it's doing great.

tumblr_pfpoisLXmi1ue7k03_400.gif

I bet CTR is going to do great too and will probably sit behind Mario Maker 2.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Is Labo VR the first VR title to chart at all in the NPDs ?

I would have assumed if any title would have it would be Astrobot, but i cant find it in the October 2018 video mat made.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I keep forgetting Nintendo's digital sales aren't included. Genuinely curious where SSB: Ultimate would be charting if they divulged those digits. One of the few major AAA Switch releases my little circle of friends and I elected to purchase digitally.

Also... pleasantly surprised by Days Gone's performance. Truth be told, I was part of the crowd who expected a "bomb" (i.e. not in the traditional sense, but rather noticeably underperform when compared to a majority of Sony's first-party offerings). Happy to be proven wrong--not just with the game's sales, but also its quality; Days Gone is more than I thought it'd be.

And Mortal Kombat 11... number 1... on the Switch??! Another shocker, honestly. The audience supporting this device may have a more eclectic appetite than some publishers figured, and I can only hope the success of this day & date release will give studios a bit more confidence to pursue Nintendo's platform as a viable and worthwhile means of generating revenue. Can't speak for everyone, but I certainly would opt for portability in lieu of greater graphical fidelity (the simple conveniency of the product is just so immediately appealing to me). Of course, there's also the possibility that the window for these AAA multiplatform releases is slowly closing with the impending launch of next generation hardware...

Not sure what the future holds for the Switch in that regard, but for now I hope publishers will make the most of this potentially limited opportunity.

Apr 21, 2018

tenor.gif

Do we know the breakdown across consoles? Is it safe to assume for MK11 it went PS4>XB1>Switch?

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Switch charts are fun. Yoshi's crafted world and Mortal Kombat 11 together in the top 3 is something you probably won't see very often. It shows that Nintendo's strategy of appealing to everyone has worked out for them.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Mortal Kombat 11 on that immediate jump to #2 YTD, goddamn! Game's not perfect but it still manages to be my #2 favorite game of the year so far (behind RE2). I'm sticking with it a lot longer than most fighters and I'm finding it to be satisfying to try and learn.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Next gen will be interesting. Right now, power wise, switch is hanging on in keeping up with PS4/XB1.Some games would work and some not. But lowering the res and/or halving the framerate plus lowering lighting and textures can get it there decently.

Next gen will be fun to watch though.

The gulf in power between switch and PS5 will be MASSIVE. Taping 10 Switches together might get it there.

I don't expect that .gif will be used anymore, lol.

Next gen is a different story. We're talking this gen. We had enough examples of highly demanding games such as Doom, Wolfensteim, MK11 or Hellblade coming to the Switch. So this proves that if 3rd party devs wanted to have their games on the Switch, they'll find a way to make it happen.,

Except for that whole power issue. There are plenty of reasons a lot of third party games aren't ever coming to Switch, they just wouldn't be possible.

"Plenty" of reasons such as...

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Good to see MK11 take the #1 spot. Also nice to see Days Gone at #2 considering how long Sony Bend has been working on the game.I saw a ton of commercials for both days during the playoffs.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
If you want to compare:

Best selling games in the US UK, Germany and Spain (physical only, except for the US):
D7JrTIsXoAA8vBP.png:large

Best selling games on PlayStation Store:
D6bfwqHW4AAYdK2.png

Best selling games on Nintendo eShop:
D7JrryXXsAAFrV8.png

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
great that the MK11 switch port turned out to sell well. also wow interesting that FFX/X-2 HD charted on switch and is 16 overall (so mostly because of switch?). hopefully this means we will get a few more FF ports (V, IV, tactics, XIII, VI!)

Putty

Double Eleven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Middlesbrough
Brilliant result for Bend and Days Gone! Sony will be chuffed with this, especially after just 9 days. You simply can't downplay this, in any way shape or form, but people are trying it seems. And MK still still doing the business after all these years is super impressive! Its 25 years since i worked on the Amiga version of MK2!

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
GTA V sales is something that won't happen again in game industry soon! If we consider it's not a $10 small game and it's also a +18 game, that sales looks even more interesting.
Now they should make a Switch version to sell millions of copies there too! lol

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
To add some info of kowalski's post

Game (Days of tracking) : Sales
  1. Spiderman (23 days) : > 2.6 million (incl. digital)
  2. God of War (16 days) : ~1.9 million. (incl. digital + bundles)
  3. God of War 3 (19 days) : 1.15 million
  4. Horizon Zero Dawn (33 days) : > 1 million (incl. digital) more than U4 / 648k physical alone
  5. The Last of Us (24 days) : 985k physical (> 1 million incl. digital)
  6. Uncharted 4 (19 days) : 828k physical / 879k (incl. bundles) / > 1m (incl. digital)
  7. Days Gone (9 days)
  8. God of War 2 (26 days) : 833k
  9. Uncharted 3 (28 days) : 700k / 838k (incl. bundles)
So yeah, really great success for Bend and Days Gone

giphy.gif

So happy for Bend! I have really enjoyed the game a lot as I get near to completing it.
Hopefully we are looking at 2.5m+ debut month worldwide.

Days Gone 2 on PS5 is a no brainer with the solid foundation they have built