• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
You know at the end of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door when Grodus summons the Shadow Queen, only to get betrayed immediately? Well, in this case, Fox News is Grodus, and Trump is the Shadow Queen.

So satisfying. Please don't tell me that this is a cruel joke by Trump and Fox News.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
letthemfight.gif

fox news turning on trump would probably end up losing him the supporters who have some fragment of sanity left

We've been through this song and dance before, and it'll probably end the same way it always does: With Fox capitulating and kissing up to Daddy Trump because their viewership trusts Trump more than anyone or anything else.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Oh hell yes, 100% that white nationalism is a big reason, and we know a chunk of his base probably vote straight Republican and went from neocon to anti-Iraq War depending on who was running.

But there is a chunk of the Trump supporting base that didn't actually like Fox much in the 2000s which is why they like Tucker but not Hannity, even before the weird anti-diversity stuff became apparent with Tucker.

Yeah, having listened to Hannity he's gone socio-liberal on a lot of his views. He's become pro-Gay (not Gay marriage though)

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Am I the only one who thinks this doesn't really mean anything? Trump has these episodes all the time where he abuses people one day only to restore ties with them the next. (heck, this is probably how all his marriages have worked so far) Within a day or two, Trump will get distracted by something shiny and it'll be like this whole thing never happened.

So yeah, the whole "LOL, Trump is taking down Fox News" is a leeeetle bit premature.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
MAGA in the replies say they're now exclusively watching OANN or something. Hahaha.

Yeah I was about to say this. The new popular right wing network is that one America news network or whatever the fuck it's called OANN.

My father in law who is a fucking doctor watches that trash and tried to tell me it's more balanced than Fox News I almost fell out of my chair.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
I know, i know- it's another, "remember when Obama got blasted for?" post. But...

Remember when Obama got blasted by conservative media for...filling out an NCAA tournament bracket?

Imagine if he had spent an entire evening tweeting us his thoughts about cable news...

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
So how long until Fox News fires all those mentioned in the tweets and try to spin it like the two aren't connected in some way?

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Oh great. Normally I'd say to let them fight, but Fox knows they can't fight because that's hurt their viewership like crazy. They'll just capitulate and turn even more into a far right network.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd trade Fox losing influence for every single one of those. Fox literally distorts reality for a significant chunk of the American electorate who aren't politically engaged and vote in generals for stuff they believe to be true. These are people who literally have no idea Trump is a liar.

It's a gateway as you say - but not for the PT Cruiser driving open mouthed old lady who might vote D if she had even basic facts right.
This...it is pretty much the official propaganda arm of the broader Republican Party. Seeing it get sunk might help with not misinforming the ignorant.

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trunp is basically a scientologist with his feverish attacks on any and every antagonisation

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
This needs to happen again. And again. Get Trump to throw tantrum after tantrum. Get him to keep throwing everyone under the bus.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
This is a starting point for building a base for your own "news" network if you feel like you are going to lose the election. Which I believe were his plans for 2016 as well.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing new. Trump has always hated (and has been vocal at times) that the News side of Fox News tells it like it is, even if it paints GOP poorly. Their OpEd, or entertainment side are the ones that are usually in Trump's pocket, but even they step out from time to time when it's impossible to defend his dumbassery.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Every opinion Trump has is a moving target depending on what suits him at any particular point. How is this surprising.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Probably a warning shot tantrum to know their place for upcoming elections.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
We can only hope this actually causes some appreciable loss of Fox News's credibility for people who still believe they have any.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
He must have seen the "fuck trump" segment(womens football win) and that must have tipped him over.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
This is Trump hedging his bets for a loss next year and starting Trump TV. It would fucking DECIMATE Fox News and while it would be an abomination, man I'd love to see Fox burn down thanks to the monster they created.

With trump running trump tv, just like all his other businesses, would go under after a few years.

So he starts trump tv, destroys Fox News, they go under, then trump ruins trump tv. Win win lol

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
With trump running trump tv, just like all his other businesses, would go under after a few years.

So he starts trump tv, destroys Fox News, they go under, then trump ruins trump tv. Win win lol

This also true. Between his existing business under intense scrutiny, and the way he would almost single-handedly torpedo a media company by not giving it the funding it actually needs, and embezzling as much of it as possible, all it would do is fragment the base until he shuts it down and moves on to the next project.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
The man doesn't believe in allies.
Pretty much. He likes who ever kisses his ass and don't question him, but even those people are disposable. Hell, if he could get more power by tossing his base into a volcano, he'd order them ALL rounded up and shove them into the fiery depths (and some of his MAGA idiots will be up for it).

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
This is Trump hedging his bets for a loss next year and starting Trump TV. It would fucking DECIMATE Fox News and while it would be an abomination, man I'd love to see Fox burn down thanks to the monster they created.

No, it isn't. He's not that forward-thinking. He's just throwing a tantrum.

And I wouldn't be so sure about Trump TV. It takes work to make enough contrnt for a channel. I think it'd fail like all his other ventures.