• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you think Resi 4 needs to be remade?

• Yes

Votes: 342 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 384 52.9%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
All I'd want from a remake of 4 is a removal of QTEs and for it too look better, but honestly we don't need it.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but the only change that they need to do is make it so you can equip the fish as melee weapons.

and give you the option for using rifles without using scoped aiming
This is completely correct.

However, I think it's a good idea to remake Code: Veronica. The game's story is... okay... but the gameplay (not just combat, but level/puzzle design and item placement) was quite bad compared to RE3 back in the day (especially CV's completely atrocious and gimmicky boss design, goddamn). I'd love to see it punched up into something playable. I've already got my delightful RE4 port.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
An RE4 remake makes more sense to me than a Demon's Souls Remake, but that's just me.
There's already HD 60fps versions of RE4. Not the case for Demon's Souls, which could use a remaster at the very least (though a remake would be nice considering how uneven the level design in that game is... some levels could use an overhaul to be less linear and more interesting).

HotAndTender

Dec 6, 2017
No, leave 4 and remaster Code Veronica then stop.
Through all of this i think people are forgetting RE8 is a thing but no one seems to be speaking about it.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Code Veronica should be the next remake, and personally I don't think 4 needs to be remade at all

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Something tells me people might want to see a Code Veronica remake first.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I love the game but I went back to replay it and I was struggling with the controls and the aiming for some reason. After playing 7 and 2 Remake, I would absolutely love a 4 remake in the vein of 2

Oct 30, 2017
Actually all the 3D main RE games don't need a remake, they still plays and looks decent in HD Remastered.

Stop asking for remakes for games that don't need them... and ask them for games that actually do needs them and these are the games from PS1 era like Dino Crisis for example.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
It's probably one of my biggest pet peeves that Code Veronica was not named RE4.

Anyways, they should keep moving down the line of mainline and do Code Veronica.

I'd be open to a remake of 4 in 5 or so years.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, I think RE4 could totally use a remake. It's a near perfect game, but I also think that by today's standards it could be improved a lot.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather they leave it alone, maybe a SOTC graphical remake but leave that gameplay untouched
This is where I am at. Game should only get a graphical remake.

The gameplay haven't aged a day and is still as good as it was. Only thing I would add is giving Leon his jacket back as an option along with getting the ability to change Ada's outfit into her soldier outfit.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Dino Crisis first please goddamnit. We've already had a bunch of RE remakes.

But sure, eventually. It has certainly aged visually and in terms of animation and gameplay (having to stay still to shoot for example is something I'm so done with lol). There's a lot of things they can update. The RE Engine would do wonders for it.

Last edited:

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
RE4 remade with the controls of the RE2/3 remake would be godlike. I can barely play the HD remaster these days.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Demake it into a REmake style fixed camera experience, maybe. Otherwise, feels unnecessary. RE4 is old but still feels like a modern AAA game. You can look at something like God of War, then RE4, and can see how they share the same bones. Not true of the earlier games.

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yes but only after CV and only upgrading the graphics like the Shadow of the Colossus remake. Don't touch the gameplay, but maybe add some QoL improvements.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Code Veronica deserves to be remade, 4 deserves to be either buried or remade so it's less like Leon is possessed by the ghost of John McClane, either that or remake Gaiden into a full-on game that explains that Leon in RE4 is how he is because he's actually a shape-shifting BOW.

Darkside Chronicles kinda helps bridge the gap, but it's still ridiculous.

Exede

Banned
Feb 8, 2019
No, i want the 1st remade in the style of 2 and 3 first and then maaaaaaaybe Code Veronica

Jun 23, 2019
Please do so I can actually enjoy the game without fighting controls the whole time. I'm still amazed how I beat this game as a teenager lol

Kyubajin

Feb 22, 2019
I actually would love if they muster all this energy from RE2&3 and create the best RE8 we can hope for.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I don't think it needs it. The current HD version is fine. If they wanted to replace all the models and textures and lighting but otherwise keep the game the same, I'd be ok with that, but I think there's more to lose in a ground-up rebuild of that game than there is to gain.

Oct 24, 2019
I would rather see 0, 1 and CV get remade in this current style first.

This would let RE4 keep aging a bit in the meantime and people will be more open to a remake in 4-5 years. The graphical overhaul would be awesome and I personally would love the tank controls to get axed. Also tweak/improve certain areas, like the island.

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
I'd love a CV:X remake in 2021 on PS4/One, with the same engine/camera/mechanics.

And leave the Resi 4 remake for a full PS5/Scarlett-exclusive remake, on a v2.0/revisited RE Engine.

EDIT: Also, seeing all those amazing third-person Resident Evil games, lately, I really do hope that current mainline trilogy will be FPS and VR-compatible, so we get to have both experiences. RE VII VR was an amazing experience, and 1/2/3 were fixed camera, and 4/5/6 over-the-shoulder TPS, so I hope that 8 and 9 will still be first person. Would be dope.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Code: Veronica should be next. I think that's all they need to do at this point but I certainly would still play an RE4 remake.

RE5 doesn't need to be remade at all yet, as was rumored.

OP
OP
oni-link

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
People are voting no like a remake would delete the original from existence. Come on...

Why not remake all the great games from the 90s and 2000s then since the original games don't disappear?

Why not cancel all new games and new IP and remake a dozen PS1 and PS2 classics over and over?

I mean, I get what you're saying, but remakes take time and resources, games like Resi 8 and Final Fantasy 16 are probably being pushed back to allow teams to work on these remakes, and even if they're not, they must be planned for release in a way to not cannibalise the sales of the remake.

They won't put Resi 8 out a few months after Resi 3 will they? So Resi 8 is probably coming much later than it would have done if we didn't get RE2 and RE3

FF7R looks like it's changing a lot and so it's probably a worthwhile remake, but having new Resi games delayed or planned for much later on so a team can spend 2-3 years painstakingly remaking a game we've all already experienced seems like a waste to me when that team could be making a new game

It's doubly as pointless when Resi 4 is on current systems and still holds up

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
I've mentioned it in a few other threads, but I'll say it again here. The modern RE4 remasters are not good compared to the GC original. Each "generation" of remaster has compounded problems on top of each other because Capcom refuses to fix them before porting it again. Positional audio has been absolutely horrible since at least the Steam version, plus the 60fps implementation was poorly done and never actually finished/ fully fixed. A really good, brand new remaster using the Gamecube original would be a welcome release IMO, and a full-on RE Engine remake would be even better. But the versions we have on modern platforms right now are not up to par with the legacy of the game.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
If they're can justify remaking RE4 the franchise could just become a remake ouroboros.

There's classic RE and RE4 was the start of modern RE, which every major Resident Evil since has been. Its game design is still modern.

If Resident Evil ventures heavily into VR then it might be worth remaking for that format.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Code Veronica first. That game could definitely use a remake. 4 still plays damn nice on the PS4. For graphical reasons sure it'd probably be amazing as a remake but I'm not exactly jumping out of my seat for a remake for 4 at the moment.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Either Resident Evil 8 or Dino Crisis. I never played Dino Crisis but I know one of the mods here adores the series so I'll prioritize a DC remake first to make that person happy.

also, running away from giant dinosaurs with modern graphics could be pretty rad.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, for sure. They don't need to radically alter much of it, but the controls could use some fine tuning, and I wouldn't say no to a current/next gen visual overhaul.

Is it something I need in my life? No. But I'm sure as hell not gonna say no if it's offered.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Upgrade the enemy AI, visuals and improve movement and you have something pretty special. RE4 is a great game but some small tweaks and a visual overhaul would suit it nicely.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
People are voting no like a remake would delete the original from existence. Come on...
Doesn't matter how they vote. At the end of the day, I don't see Capcom leaving money on the table. This is RE4 we're talking about.

As for those saying "don't remake 4", they'll be the first in line to pick up the game. It's going to sel like crazy.