• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Now that you've seen the reviews, are you hyped or having second thoughts about your choice?

• I preordered the Xbox Series X and I'm hyped after seeing the reviews!

Votes: 213 31.5%
  • I preordered the Xbox Series X and I'm having buyer's remorse after seeing the reivews.

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • I preordered the Xbox Series S and I'm hyped after seeing the reviews!

Votes: 11 1.6%
  • I preordered the Xbox Series S and I'm having buyer's remorse after seeing the reviews.

Votes: 11 1.6%
  • I preordered the PS5 and I'm hyped after seeing the reviews!

Votes: 501 74.0%
  • I preordered the PS5 and I'm having buyer's remorse after seening the reviews.

Votes: 28 4.1%

• Total voters

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Preordered the PS5, I'm still fine. There's some stuff that I don't like, most notorious the UI which in a lot of cases seems like a step down from the PS4 one.

BUT, games is all that matters, and that Demon's Souls... damn look at it. And Miles Morales with Raytracing is going to be the perfect Christmas game (didn't get it, but I'll get it around Christmas).

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting an Xbox Series X. I already knew there would be no launch first-party exclusives but decided to get one since I realized I wasn't much interested in PS5's launch games anyway (not paying $70 to get repeatedly squashed by the Tower Knight) and Series X looks to be the better console for third-party. The impressions on BC and storage space for Series X and PS5 just cemented my decision. I'll get a PS5 later when a bunch of exclusives are out for it that I want to play. Ratchet, Horizon, God of War are on that list so it might be as soon as end of next year.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
I think the console experience was always going to be somewhere between Standard and Excellent. I think was really matters is the games.

Tarinus

May 19, 2018
I'm hyped for both my PS5 disc version and Xbox Series S. I can't wait to try out the Dualsense controller and Spiderman etc. I also purposely haven't played Ghost of Tsushima so I'm really looking forward to playing that as well.

Both consoles look super fast at loading and on the Xbox side it feels like the perfect companion with gamepass, and the fact that's it's so damn small will make it easy to move around wherever I go. I also really want to play the fable series again!

I just had an email that the Xbox is in its way which is great. It will make the wait for 19th November PS5 release less painful.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
PS5 and very excited
but the reviews for the console didn't make a difference...
the reviews for DualSense however super excited me, because after not caring about HD rumble in the Joycons I had kinda tuned it out

TechMetalRules

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Sep 11, 2019
United States
I'm extremely hyped for my PS5 and to eventually get an XSX, and I'm equally bummed for my buddy who wasn't able to get a PS5 preorder.

Whether through updated "Pro" versions or a whole new gen, I eagerly await the day when we don't have to choose between performance and quality modes... 4K, 60fps, and RT at the same time!

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Psyched. Cannot wait for demon's souls and miles Morales...bit particularly excited to try that controller.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was excited and now after the reviews i'm even more excited for the PS5. It's always a great feeling when you commit to a launch day console and then the reaction to it pre launch by the different outlets are great.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Getting both next week.
XSX is pretty much the third party king, with a console that has done everything well so far but has played it very safe in most areas and it has Gamepass.
PS5 has the AAA first party content, the console is solid but seems a tad incomplete in some areas but like PS3/PS4, stuff people want will be slowly but surely get patched in. It also has Dualsense which could be a gamechanger if supported beyond launch.

Aug 18, 2020

"My hands hurt after using it for long periods, especially with games that involved a lot of constant use of the triggers and bumpers. For context, my hands are medium-sized for a woman's, and I've never felt any similar pain from using an Xbox One controller, the Switch Pro Controller, or the DualShock 4...

...The controller just feels a bit too big. Its grips are too thick and long, and don't have enough space in the rear divot where I normally rest my middle finger."

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
My wife ordered the Series X and I ordered the PS5 DE but that was before the Bethesda sale... So combined with the Destiny deal I'm defo on the wrong boat.
Now I can't help but regret not ordering the Series X myself and am constantly checking for stock.

OP
OP
aevanhoe

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
"My hands hurt after using it for long periods, especially with games that involved a lot of constant use of the triggers and bumpers. For context, my hands are medium-sized for a woman's, and I've never felt any similar pain from using an Xbox One controller, the Switch Pro Controller, or the DualShock 4...

...The controller just feels a bit too big. Its grips are too thick and long, and don't have enough space in the rear divot where I normally rest my middle finger."

Ah, ok, thanks. Well, as they say, YMMV. Several reviews mention how it's more comfortable then DS4, so I guess it is very individual. I'm expecting it to be fine for me.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty hyped for my Series X.
Hard to feel regret since I won it from Taco Bell.

PS5 I still haven't even been able to order, but as soon as I can, I'll order enthusiastically.

sportz103

Oct 26, 2017
I pre-ordered both, wouldn't say I'm either hyped or disappointed in either at this point. I'm excited to dive into some XSX back-compat enhanced games, but that's not "next-gen hype" to me. They'll both be fine long term, but this is a weird year with games for obvious reasons, so it feels more like just buying to get ready for next year.

Webbo

Nov 27, 2017
United Kingdom
So hyped to get my PS5 and the reviews made me even more so. The controller sounds amazing and the new UI looks great
, I can't wait to get stuck into Demon's Souls and Miles Morales on launch day.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
The only thing that would concern me if the console overheats / crashes. It seems as though the consoles are cool enough to not overheat if kept in the same conditions as the previous generation.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Had I been able to pre-order a PS5 I would be excited for it be delivered. I'm not too bothered as no game is screaming out for me to play it as soon as I can so next year when I hopefully am able to buy one I should have some games to pick up on the cheap. The Xbox was never in my plans to get one day one and it will take a few years I think for their acquisitions to bear fruit to the point I think I should buy an Xbox. Enjoy your pre-order's though Era.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
Still hyped for my PS5. All the reviews had a lot of positivity and the few negatives are stuff that won't really bother me and will likely be fixed. I also got a new PC with a 3080 2 days ago so I'm extremely hyped to see what MS does with all of their studios too. Good time to be enjoying this hobby!

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
Are you saying games consoles don't need reviews?
Nope, I'm saying outside of catastrophic failure, I don't really care, if they have games I want to play, now or in the future, that's all that matters.

it is cool to be informed about the various features of the consoles though, but doesn't change my purchasing decisions.

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
Any outlet give a deep dive with the Xbox Series S? Considering getting that if a trade in deal occurs in the future, but I'm wondering about differences with the X. I haven't been too much on the upkeep on embargoes and stuff to be honest.