• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do you feel about how the PS5 looks?

• Liked it before, dislike it now

Votes: 59 2.6%
  • Disliked it before, like it now

Votes: 100 4.4%
  • Liked it before and like it now

Votes: 939 41.1%
  • Disliked it before and dislike it now

Votes: 1,129 49.4%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 60 2.6%

• Total voters

MarcoGorgar

Oct 27, 2017
Rio de Janeiro
I LOVE IT! Its like a FUTURISTIC CLAM FROM SPACE!

galer_a_de_im_genes-5179692.jpg

rmvpv8f3eu451.png

And we can change the plates too! I CANT WAIT to buy some crazy custom plate!

Last edited:

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Digital looks significantly better but that disk version is horrific. No idea where I'll even put it in my entertainment center.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
My biggest gripe is how it's going to look with the lights off. I absolutely do not want two led strips vying for my attention, and it was easy enough to "fix" that single strip on the PS4, but it's not going to be remotely as easy this time around unless there's an option to completely shut them off. Otherwise, I'll have to actually position the system behind something, or even potentially reverse it, which will look stupid until the lights are off.

Unless you are not new to the PC space. It looks like your standard, ugly as hell "Gamer" case. The only thing its missing is having the two front lights alternating colors.

I'm ok with like standard as hell ugly "Gamer" cases then.

:P

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
I hated it when it was revealed, and now that I've seen actual footage of it, I hate it very slightly less. It still looks way too overdesigned and futuristic in a bad way, but from certain angles, it looks a bit better.

Zaber

Alt account
Banned
Sep 11, 2019
I hated how it looks, and I still hate its looks.

Still have disc version pre-ordered.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Still a hideous behemoth. Thank God for my entertainment center, I'm glad I can stow it away and never have to look at it.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
It's a console. I didn't much care for the way it looked before and don't care about it now. I am sure in time there will be some really gorgeous SE versions of the console and I will pick up one of those.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
When I first saw the design I thought it would be a big ugly console. Now I have confirmed it is indeed a gigantic horrendous piece of hardware.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I like it a bit more, but I really can't shake the feeling they could've absolutely knocked it out of the park with a more angular futuristic design, especially compared to Series X. I mean I like with what they came up in regards of the overall design and the way it all fits together nicely, but the looks could've been better.

itfiend

Dec 31, 2019
Still looks like Alienware let the work experience kid have a go. It's just too 'look at me' for me.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
It looks great personally, the size is fine for the cooling style they wanted, and it actually has character.

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Poll needs an 'absolutely disgusting' option.

Also, it's crazy big. Too big. But that's nothing compared to it's uglyness.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how the designers have justified the final appearance.

One of the worst looking consoles designed (aesthetics).

Spoom

Oct 29, 2017
I mean the design is fine to me, it looks unique, kind of cool I don't hate it or like it, it is just fine. My issue with it is it is just too big. It is bigger than the giant og PS3. I really hope a few years down the line they make a slim version.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I figured there was a reason Sony had it featured against a white background. Definitely looks hideous in real life.

Oh well.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's so ugly that even if I was interested in purchasing one I wouldn't. It clashes horribly with my entire home set-up and decor.

A design refresh is an absolute must for me before I consider a purchase down the road.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
So we'll get another thread when people have the actual thing in their setup and can touch it I guess.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I didn't like it from the start and still do not like it. I'm going to hide it behind my TV so I don't have to look at the monstrosity...

Creepy Woody

Nov 11, 2017
Australia
It's ugly. I was um and erring it before but now I've seen it for real in an entertainment unit next to other consoles: It's just damn ugly.

The shiny black plastic is icing on the giant misshapen cake.

But at the end of the day if it plays games good I don't care and I'll upgrade to the slim when it comes out bar they make it cheap and crap like the PS3 super slim.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't a fan of the original ps3 either but the games and tech advancements mattered most.

Oct 29, 2017
I voted other. I don't care about looks. It could literally be shaped like the poo emoji and as long as it's a cool, quiet, reliable poo emoji, I'd still love it.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I went from "horrible" at reveal, to "maybe I'm warming up to it?" weeks later, then back to "nope, truly horrible" the more we saw of it recently.

It's not the size, it's the design. Not my style at all.
I went through the exact same rollercoaster of opinions.

It's absolutely ugly and I don't know if imagine an uglier console. Still buying it as soon as I can order one though.

Soulsis

Oct 25, 2017
Thought it looked cinched and fabulous when it was first revealed now I think it's the ugliest thing :(

Deleted member 70824

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2020
I think the PS5 is an ugly duckling. BUT I have seen it enough times to be desensitized to it. It looks how it looks. Nothing more to say. The games are what really matters and we know Sony is great in that department.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
It is so fucking ugly. gotdam

Gimme an all black digital version with double the storage and I'm in. Although it would be even better if they redesigned the fins to not exist somehow.

Oct 25, 2017
Too big. I understand the design goals and the act of balancing between a high powered machine and the costs of doing so, but Sony should have gone the same path as Microsoft: Dual Motherboards. PS5 is too big. I'll wait at least the Slim revision.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Visually it's repulsive and tacky. Still looks like a rejected prop design from an early 2000s sci fi channel original series. But ultimately how the hardware looks does not matter to me really.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Liked it before, like it now. Thing's frickin' huge, so I'm worried about where I'm going to be able to put it (especially if I get a Series X too), so that concerns me more than its looks. My consoles sit off to the side of where I sit anyway, so I rarely ever look at them, thus I don't really care about their aesthetic. I just care that they're well-built and intuitive to use.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I honestly think it looks pretty cool. Yeah it's big, and maybe won't blend in super easily in some home theatre setups, but it's a fun looking machine and it's an interesting design. Looking forward to seeing it in person in just a few weeks!