• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do you feel about how the PS5 looks?

• Liked it before, dislike it now

Votes: 59 2.6%
  • Disliked it before, like it now

Votes: 100 4.4%
  • Liked it before and like it now

Votes: 939 41.1%
  • Disliked it before and dislike it now

Votes: 1,129 49.4%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 60 2.6%

• Total voters

OGlol

Jun 4, 2018
I'm indifferent, as long as it's functional and does what it's supposed to do I'm fine with how it looks. It's gonna be behind a shelf on my entertainment center anyway

Otheradam

Shinra Employee
Nov 1, 2017
I legit don't know if that thing will fit in my tv console and I have no space to put it vertically.

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
Still weird. But a few unboxing videos I've seen, quite a few have mentioned it looked slick and a lot nicer in person. This is what I've been saying before. So I'll reserve judgement for when I actually have it in my hands.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rob Zacny put it best. It's a fucked up clam, a well designed fucked up clam, but a fucked up clam nonetheless.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's both ugly and comically large. But as I've been saying since he reveal, it doesn't matter all that much.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't like the design and am surprised to see that it actually looks as wide as Series X when standing vertically, if you include the stand.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I wasn't really keen on it before, but seeing it close up, I'm fine with it. It isn't beautiful by any stretch, but it looks kind of sleek all being said. I actually quite like the vertical position more than horizontal. It is rather chonky though, but ehh, I like em thicc

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Digital Edition looks great. Physical Edition is an abomination with the size and that hump.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
It's still a bit too flashy for my tastes, like something Alienware would have designed in the early mid-2000s.

I would have preferred something a bit more minimalist, personally. But I'm also one of those (apparent) weirdos that doesn't like RGB lighting and even opted for a solid side panel for his PC build.

I mean, props for them to having a vision in mind and going for it though.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i really like the design.

a friend of mine said the ps5 looks like they ran out of time and just put everything together last minute...

he is buying a series x. Never seen a fanboy like that in real life. It was top tier twitter bullshit. I was shocked.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Its going to look hideous horizontally under my tv in the living room. When I move it to my bedroom, it'll look slightly less hideous vertically next to my TV....

.... I could always put it vertically behind my living room tv....

Oct 27, 2017
Its OK, not bad but not great. I do wish they thought of something more sleek again like my launch PS4. Loved that design. I dont like the white though, and plan on replacing those plates.

Other than that, I really dont care as long as its quiet and fast.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
It's hideous, but it will be hidden behind my TV so it's no big deal to me.

Rhete

Oct 27, 2017
Liked it before, pretty neutral now. It's so big, I'm going to have to change my setup because it's not going to fit where my PS4 currently is. It's going to look hilarious towering over my Switch.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not crazy about the design, but after seeing it in person, especially with the little Playstation icons embossed all over the shell, it's growing on me.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It is big but I do like it, especially the digital edition.

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
i like that it can stand vertically without the stupid stand, so, better than before! :D

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I liked it before but it's too big.

That sort of eye-catching design combined with the size... it's going to draw a lot of unwanted attention if you can't hide it away in a cabinet somewhere.

Gintonux

Oct 2, 2020
It won't fit in my entertainment center so will live behind my TV, standing vertically - so yes it ugly, but it will be hidden anyway by virtue of its magnificent heft

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
It's not great looking but who cares. The only times I ever notice my PS4 or XB1S is on the very rare occasion I go put a disc in them and tut to myself about how dusty the things have got.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Before, I thought it was big but it looked ok. Now, it looks big and ugly and cheap? At least next to the PS4 and Xbox Series X/S.I don't like the plastic strip or the way the wings look.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I don't hate it. They took a chance for sure, obviously it isnt working for everyone but I am glad they did something different. I appreciate that.

The thing is massive though.

Nov 23, 2019
RRT4 ▶︎▶︎▶︎
Love it.

46n1igkysqr51.png