• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What team are you on?

• Team Vertical

Votes: 746 54.7%
  • Team Horizontal

Votes: 618 45.3%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
I'm normally a horizontal guy, but I think PS5 looks better vertical. Unfortunately I have kids so this big boy needs to be tucked safely into a shelf.

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
#TeamHorizontal all the way.

Also, it's the only way it fits in my entertainment center. 😄

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
It looks better vertically, but with my current setup I don't think I can manage that.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
I was initially gonna do vertical but I'm still torn. Vertical saves a bit of room on my setup but horizontal feels like it would be safer so it won't ever tip over by accident. Also, the horizontal position has grown on me more lately. So right now I'm thinking horizontal.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
All my consoles have to be horizontal because I have a 130+ pound dog who likes to have fun knocking over things that stand up with his nose.

Geezer

Jan 29, 2018
The vertical digital edition is a beautiful thing, but I will have to go with the horizontal disc version.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm a horizontal kind of guy.

...I don't think my shelf has enough clearance for vertical, actually.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Vertical, so I can more easily hide the monstrosity behind something else. The stupid "LOOK AT ME!!!" lights on the front would just annoy me to no end otherwise. Unless I just reverse it while it's horizontal and have the exhaust facing towards me...which seems like it would just blow dust all over the carpet at the front of my entertainment stand instead of collecting more along the back. That would also add more total HDMI and power cable length used up however.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I've said before that I plan on putting the next gen consoles vertically behind my television with the disc-trays facing "out" each side, and that's what I still plan to do (even if I don't get a PS5 until some time next year after I move).

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Getting the Digital Edition. Definitely going vertical for the symmetry of it.

The standard PS5 looks better horizontal though because of the disc drive hump

J.T

Nov 22, 2017
I like the Vertical look but can't fit it under my tv so horizontal it is

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Due to my setup, horizontal, but I wish I could do vertical, specially when there will be cool custom plates.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
I prefer the vertical look but I'll have to wait until I get it into my hands to see if I'll be able to fit that monster into my setup like that.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Always team Horizontal. Never had placed a console on vertical position, never will unless thers no choice. The Digital only version actually looks better vertical, but i like more how the one with disk looks horizontally.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Looks better vertically but horizontal is the only way it's fitting in my setup. Same with the Series X.

Nathaniel_Wu

Apr 6, 2018
It looks more aesthetically pleasing to me when placed vertically. And I just bought a new TV stand so that I can place it vertically next to my TV.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Team Vertical. My PS2 (the last console I got on launch) was vertical, so it's only fitting that the next day one console I get will also be vertical.

I have a space for it already and now it's just a waiting game.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
I will go vertical for this. Seeing the console 'hovering' while the stand at the center, leaving some gaps/space underneath around it is does not seem appealing to me.

Creepy Woody

Nov 11, 2017
Australia
I think it looks better vertical, no doubt. But I will put it horizontal, I never stand my consoles vertically, partly because I don't have room, partly because I don't want them to fall over.

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
Vertical, but on the side

ElVl0eHX0AMSI0C
My man...

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Vertical looks better, but I have to go horizontal because of my setup.