• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which next-gen console design do you like best?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 118 17.2%
  • PlayStation 5 Digital Edition

Votes: 118 17.2%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 340 49.4%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 112 16.3%

• Total voters

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Series X is such a weird one. I thought it looked bland and clunky on the reveal and on images, but seeing it in real life its a beautiful and stylish design.
Its pretty much the opposite of the Wii which looks amazing on images but hideous and cheap in reality.

ioriyagami

Oct 28, 2017
Both my XSS and PS5 look fantastic in my setup. The XSX would look like an out of place PC case in comparison.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Gotta say I never understood the hate for PS5, it looks quite nice. Series S looks like a stove (actually pretty nice tho), and Series X is probably the most boring console design of all time (random black box #50) and I think it would really feel out of place anywhere except under a computer desk. None of them are particularly great though.

Oct 27, 2017
The PS5DE has really grown on me. At first I didn't realize it, but my Nintendo collection of consoles and handhelds is primarily black/white as well, so it fits really nicely in my setup.

The Xbox Series X is so boring.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Series X, and it's not even close. I prefer everything about it compared to the PS5, which is such an ugly piece of tech with some really annoying issues.
But the PS5 has Demon's Souls, so I use that right now lol

Oct 27, 2017
My biggest suprise is how much better the PS5 looks horizontally than it looked in pictures. Love it.

The Series X...what can I say about it? It's a black box. A black box that loves finger oil and looks pretty gross after holding it for a few seconds.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Series X, it's a big brutalist block.

PS5 looks like a fan-made photoshop interpreting games consoles in 2076. And the shiny plastic looks cheap, too.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I haven't seen Series S in person yet, but probably Series S.

I did not vote since I don't think any of the consoles look great. Last gen had some great looking machines (white PS4 or One S are beautiful) but this time not so much. PS5 design is OK it's just way too big, Series X is just a black box/thing and Series S would be fine if it wasn't for that speaker design.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
I own PS5 DE and it looks great in person imo.

Xbox SeX looks good while standing vertically. I like the design, it's minimalistic. But at the same time there is nothing unusual or interesting about it's design.

AngryMoth

Oct 25, 2017
Series S wins by default. I like how the X looks vertically but I would never actually use it in that orientation unless I just stuck it on the floor, and it wouldn't fit in my tv cabinet horizontally.

I have a PS5 and honestly it's kind of an eyesore compared to all my other consoles and tv which are black. Plus it's just too big. Games are good though!

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I swear I saw same exact thread twice already.
It's still xsx, no matter how many weeks or months or years will pass

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 is the only console i ever had to hide behind the TV. It's ugly, it's huge and overall it's an abomination.

Series X actually looks even better IRL, the only thing that's bad about it's design is that power button does not rotate and looks kinda weird when it's placed horizontally.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Series X, purely because it comes in black.

If PS5 had a Black option it would probably have won for me design wise.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
I actually like the Series X design, it's like this big black monolith. I really dig that.
I'm getting a PS5 though, but yeah... not a fan of that design. Really going to disrupt my living room aesthetic.

AMD

Oct 27, 2017
Purely in terms of visual appeal, I'd have to say:

Series X ----------------> PS5de > PS5 > Series S
(and even the Series X isn't much of a looker).