• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Super curious to learn what Era thinks of Insomniac's Spidey suit after its original, divisive unveiling at E3 2016.

It looks alright. I get what they were trying to go for with the whole sports gear look but it looks kinda weird in some places. I'm not a fan of the soles and knuckles being white. It definitely does stand out among the OC donut steel suits, though.

Spider-Man_PS4_PGW_Hero.jpg

Spider_Man_PS4_fighting_guide.0.jpg

5849562f520dffacb61ea11b8c64f1b5.jpg

lsi3tevlc6a21.jpg

Last edited:

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Gunna be honest, saw "dust settled" and "insonniac suit" and thought there was some controversy I'd missed.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
It's fine! I think the suit could use more white, but the actual design of the chest spider could be improved.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly my favourite suit next to Miles Morales. I think it looks awesome. Looks sporty and functional. Loved seeing it cameo in into the spider-verse.

Oct 26, 2017
I think it looks fine. It does stand out a bit from the other traditional Spider-Man outfits so props to them on that. That being said, I do like some of other traditional outfits a bit more, like the Raimi one

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
It's alright, but Peter's normal design is so perfect that any change is kind of unnecessary and less good.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
I like it. I liked it from the very first showing. It was my most used suit, alongside the one from Homecoming.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The red is far too washed out for my liking, it needs to be a deeper, darker shade of red. Notice my avatar is saturated for that very reason. The Homecoming suit's red combined with the design of this suit would be one of my favorite Spidey suits of all time.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My least used suit in the game. It's not bad, it's not great, it's just okay and there's better options to choose from.

Zeshile

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
Kansas
It's definitely not the worst. I used other costumes more often, but just because they were my favorites growing up.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It's my favorite Spider-Man suit of all time. It's not my favorite version of Spider-Man but I don't think you can beat the suit. I think it's incredible and the white features are striking, unique, and super classy.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
While I tried to rotate a bunch during my playthrough, I always came back to It. Its my favorite from the base game (havent played any DLC yet)

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Meh. I didn't use it much. I really liked the Vintage Comic Book suit. I used that for the rest of the game once I unlocked it.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Probably my favorite suit in the game, and one of the ones I rocked throughout my entire (Platinum Trophy) playthrough alongside Scarlet Spider and Homecoming.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was great, after the novelty of trying different suits in the game it was what I went with once I had finished the story.

Skyball Paint

Nov 12, 2017
It's pretty cool, but once I saw how rediculously good the Homecoming suit looked, I used for the rest of the game.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I love it. I also love that they provided a billion other suits, mostly free of charge. You rule, Insomniac.

I'm also still convinced that they're playing the long game with the white parts. Which other suit/character has a white spider on their chest, and, more inexplicably, white rectangles on the backs of their hands?

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
Beautiful game with fun traversal but embarrassingly outdated missions design.

Misread the title somewhat.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Didn't like it and always used the alternative costumes. It looks bland and the white spider ruins the look.

Nov 14, 2017
I like it because
it provides an in-universe reason for why the symbiote will have the white spider, unlike other interpretations of that suit where the black spider is just there because that's what it looked like in the comics

I still use the alt costumes though. Especially now that Future Foundation has been patched in.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
It's not too bad, the red and blue I think might too faded for me personally. The red looks almost orange sometimes for example. I like the colors bold and the blue a little darker but that's just me.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
the side missions are terrible. Challenges are fun and entertaining and the gameplay is still amazing.

But seriously though, those side missions.............gross

edit: omg costume design lol, its fine........but once i started unlocking the extra ones i was easily switching. I like the black cat one

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
It took some getting used to when I first saw it in the trailer.

Its really good. One of the best spider-man design ever. Anytime you see the white logo, you instantly think of the game. Very iconic.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They made a suit that is distinctly Spider-man and distinctly their own Spider-man that is instantly recognizable. That's a pretty good achievement.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite Spidey design by a large margin. Looked great in the game, but the way it looks in art and comics make it ten times better.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Honestly found myself returning to it instead of the classic suit far more often than not. I'd play around with some of the alternative suits and switch back to it after a few missions. It looks great in motion IMO.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
I'm not sure I like those white accents. They stand out and draw the focus too much, especially the chest-emblem. It gives the colour-scheme a American-flag vibe. I don't enough about the character to know if a patriotism angle is intentional or fitting though.

Looking at Spider Man pictures on Google, makes me think the simpler designs might be more effective. It directs your eyes to the face and weird poses. You kind of lose that with the spread out white bits.

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just used the Iron Spider from Infinity War as soon as I got it and never looked back.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
I wouldn't want it to be the default look for Spider-Man but I liked it in the game. The only thing that bugged me is that the soles stayed white, anybody that's ever owned a white pair of running shoes knows that lasts all of ten seconds outside.