• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
35877-5169-40058-1-pitt.jpg

Cor

Oct 25, 2017
The Mask is terrific and you know it, you bastard. Just takes arcudi a bit to get in the groove.

On topic: Ferals.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I would legit be interested in a show based on Crossed 100, in part just to see audiences try to parse the way the characters talk. It would be like Deadwood x10.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be wild if someone did a movie about a nihilistic Superman, akin to Injustice.
thats Irredeemable by Mark Millar
irredeemable isn't that edgy, except for The Plutoian sexual stuff but that is easy to leave on the cutting room floor
Plutonian sinks a certain island with diamonds from a meteoroid because the president wanted him to lead the country.

Not to mention the entire reason Plutonian goes insane. I kept waiting for a payoff from his story but he's just a dick.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Whats the name of that comic about the superhero dude who kills the whole WH Admin and holds a press conference?

Lemme get a show on that

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
That BombQueen cover has the subtlety of a Daily Stormer headline, holy shit

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Nemesis actually has a decent concept. The idea of an "Evil Batman" has been done before but specifically focusing it on said Batman only trying to destroy a police commissioner has merit, but then Millar wrote it
The real question is, would "I've rigged you daughters womb to explode if you try to abort the incest child I forced her to have" would make it into a TV adaptation.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Somethings should not have the edgy nature taken out of them. If Berserk ever gets a proper adaptation the main character being the edgelord incarnate is almost essential especially when you actually get his backstory and realize,"Ohhh that's why this guy is the way he is." That and his eventual growth as a person beyond that phase in his life is all the more powerful.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Theres always The Pro by Garth Ennis.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pro_(comics)
Cant get more fucked up honestly. Hooker gets super powers as an alien power wants to prove even our lowest have good in em.
Now you end up with a hooker with powers still acting like a hooker when forced into a group of public faces. My god the scene with the piss...

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they would, I think that comic isnt edge lord. I just think some people are weird about sex

It's not at all in fact I know a lot of female friends who absolute enjoyed it would be a home run for whomever had the guts to take it to a streaming service. Apparently Universal were looking to adapt it but that was 4 years ago.

I just find on places like here. There is a very weird approach to even healthy sex.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I still remember when being edgy was a good thing.

But The Filth. And I want it full edgelord, please.
Filth13.jpg

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Why go with has beens and never haves like Millar and Ennis when you can adapt material from the guy they're all TRYING to be - Alan Moore?

You've got Billy Batson goes insane with Miracleman

Now out of his catatonia, the small and spindly Johnny Bates is repeatedly beaten by older bullies at his group home. When one of them goes so far as to try to rape him, Johnny transforms into Kid Miracleman and unleashes a murderous holocaust on London. When the Miracles discover what is happening, they and their alien allies collectively challenge Bates. One of the Warpsmiths, Aza Chorn, realises that they cannot go through Bates' personal force field, and instead teleports some wreckage into his body, forcing him to transform to his mortal form to escape the horrific pain. His rampage is stopped, but Bates kills Aza Chorn as his last act. Unwilling to risk another chance for repeating this horror and out of mercy for his former charge, Miracleman quietly kills Johnny Bates, knowing that it is the only way to be certain it will never happen again. The heart of London, however, has been destroyed, 40,000 people are dead, Aza Chorn lies dead and the world now knows that gods walk among them.

And your favorite underage girls from modern fairy tales are sexually abused with Lost Girls

Wendy Darling Wendy's sexual escapades begin when she meets a homeless teenage Peter and his siste

Dorothy Gale. While trapped in her house during a cyclone, she begins masturbating and experiences her first orgasm at the age of fifteen. She has sexual encounters with three farm hands whom she refers to as The Straw Man, The Cowardly Lion and The Tin Man.

Alice Fairchild. At fourteen, Alice is coerced into sex with her father's friend, which she endures by staring into a mirror and imagining she is having sex with herself.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Why go with has beens and never haves like Millar and Ennis when you can adapt material from the guy they're all TRYING to be - Alan Moore?

You've got Billy Batson goes insane with Miracleman

Now out of his catatonia, the small and spindly Johnny Bates is repeatedly beaten by older bullies at his group home. When one of them goes so far as to try to rape him, Johnny transforms into Kid Miracleman and unleashes a murderous holocaust on London. When the Miracles discover what is happening, they and their alien allies collectively challenge Bates. One of the Warpsmiths, Aza Chorn, realises that they cannot go through Bates' personal force field, and instead teleports some wreckage into his body, forcing him to transform to his mortal form to escape the horrific pain. His rampage is stopped, but Bates kills Aza Chorn as his last act. Unwilling to risk another chance for repeating this horror and out of mercy for his former charge, Miracleman quietly kills Johnny Bates, knowing that it is the only way to be certain it will never happen again. The heart of London, however, has been destroyed, 40,000 people are dead, Aza Chorn lies dead and the world now knows that gods walk among them.

And your favorite underage girls from modern fairy tales are sexually abused with Lost Girls

Wendy Darling Wendy's sexual escapades begin when she meets a homeless teenage Peter and his siste

Dorothy Gale. While trapped in her house during a cyclone, she begins masturbating and experiences her first orgasm at the age of fifteen. She has sexual encounters with three farm hands whom she refers to as The Straw Man, The Cowardly Lion and The Tin Man.

Alice Fairchild. At fourteen, Alice is coerced into sex with her father's friend, which she endures by staring into a mirror and imagining she is having sex with herself.
Hell, you always have fishman rape with Neonomicon.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also if you cut out the sexism, queerphobia, and maybe switch to a focus on toxic masculinity and keeping the topic of religion:
cerebus-anti-lgbtq-comic-dave-sim-01.jpg

EmptyWarren

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yes! I think they could actually translate that story to television.

With just a few changes. Ok, still lots of changes. The dolphin thing... yeah, that would have to go.

Si Spurrier was able to pull back the absolute nuttiness a bit to make a more compelling story with the Shaky character. Though I did like when Garth came back and wrote that continuation of the 4 friends story 'The Fatal Englishman'. That was actually a bitter-sweet one.

I would legit be interested in a show based on Crossed 100, in part just to see audiences try to parse the way the characters talk. It would be like Deadwood x10.

Yeah, I thought Moore was able to do a really good job making something so inherently preposterous even stranger. The broken speech was really cool.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Going to have to go with Transmetropolitan. I just read the first collected volume, and while things would have to be toned down there is a lot that is more timely today over when it was published. Ellis was at the top of his game and not writing a cape comic, it's glorious and a good adaption could make for premium level television.

Last edited:

Bluebot

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Give me a Wanted more based on the comics. I enjoyed the premise of a world where supervillains won and now they're dealing with the political posturing of every major player vying for power. Other parts, not soo much...

May 17, 2019
Screw it, if we are going to go full edgelord cape "deconstruction," then we are going to go all the way. I present to you, Warren Ellis' Supergod.

supergod-2.png

RCO006.jpg

e2673abfca36dd68.jpeg

Oct 25, 2017
Somethings should not have the edgy nature taken out of them. If Berserk ever gets a proper adaptation the main character being the edgelord incarnate is almost essential especially when you actually get his backstory and realize,"Ohhh that's why this guy is the way he is." That and his eventual growth as a person beyond that phase in his life is all the more powerful.

We're not talking about dark stories with a purpose.
But stories that are unnecessarily edgy. Like most of what Mark Millar writes.
The Kick-Ass movies toned down what he wrote. That's what's being referred to.