• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Keeping sub?

• Yes

Votes: 201 27.8%
  • No

Votes: 279 38.5%
  • I have a long term sub already in place

Votes: 244 33.7%

• Total voters

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
3be1e354-67a7-4109-b9jjgw.jpeg

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Haven't even gotten it yet so I can't vote! But I am gonna pick it up in February, so I can watch Mandolorian and the new season of Clone Wars at once, and then cancel it after.
After Clone Wars, nothing new is coming on until Fall 2020, right? Is it WandaVision?

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Well the only reason I had it because I forgot to cancel my free trials and Mando was on.

Like I keep saying I should use this time to watch all the stuff I missed out on, but it just doesn't work out.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Keeping it. Got Clone Wars S7 in Feb and currently on my rewatch to prepare for it.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to keep it. I still gotta finish imagineering story. I also want to watch all the classic animated movies.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
I have every episode of Boy Meets World at my fingertips that are cleaner than the copies I made when they first aired. What do you think?

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Nope. At the moment, I can't think of a worst service in regards to interesting new content. And based on their release schedule, I probably won't resubscribe until season 2 of Mandalorian has all of its episodes out.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I keep the Simpsons running in the background. I'll hang onto it.

Haven't even gotten it yet so I can't vote! But I am gonna pick it up in February, so I can watch Mandolorian and the new season of Clone Wars at once, and then cancel it after.
After Clone Wars, nothing new is coming on until Fall 2020, right? Is it WandaVision?

Mandalorian season 2 in fall of next year. Falcon and the Winter Soldier is next year WandaVision is 2021.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
locked in for 3 years at the promo preorder price, split between 3 people means I pay about $15 a year, worth it for me to rewatch clone wars and finally get to rebels

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Had I not pre-purchased three years specifically because it's cheaper to pay Disney + every month at a discount, instead of purchasing expensive Disney movies at full price for my kid, absolutely not. Then again, I'm the person who only, outside of Netflix, only subscribes to a service a month at a time, when I want to watch a specific show, and peace out after.
same here.

Quite frankly, I expected much more from D+ in terms of new serialized content. Outside of Mando and the doggie sled movie, I'm not sure that there's anything for me to even bookmark for future watching. But it's early so we'll see how it goes. I wish I had a kid around to further justify it but I don't.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I have a 2 year old who loves Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars. I signed up for the cheap 3 year deal months ago.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Now its clear why they offered the cut rate price 3 year deal. They really have nothing to offer for quite a while.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
As I have two children under the age of 5, I will most definitely be keeping the subscription for the foreseeable future.

If I didn't have kids I think I'd still end up keeping it, to be honest. The Simpsons and the DuckTales/Darkwing Duck/Tale Spin/Goof Troop cartoons are comfort food for my weary soul.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I've never been subbed. Now that's it's over, I plan to use my one week free subscription to watch the first season. That was all I cared about on D+. I'll get a single 1-month sub next year when season two has completed.

Oct 25, 2017
absolutely not. simpsons is trash and probably is the biggest draw for most folks. all the movies I'm good without seeing again. We'll see if I feel like subbing when S2 is back.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Worth noting that TCW S7 and Mandalorian S2 may not be the only Star Wars shows coming to D+ in 2020... 🤫

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had I not pre-purchased three years specifically because it's cheaper to pay Disney + every month at a discount, instead of purchasing expensive Disney movies at full price for my kid, absolutely not. Then again, I'm the person who only, outside of Netflix, only subscribes to a service a month at a time, when I want to watch a specific show, and peace out after.

This is an interesting take on this! I never thought about only subscribing for one month at a time. Seems really obvious and now I'm thinking I should do the same.

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. Will sub a month or two a year.

It doesn't come close to offering the programming or value Netflix and Prime does. Both these services are constantly putting out critically acclaimed programming across a variety of genres. When one puts out Dolemite, The King, The Irishman, Marriage Story, The Two Popes, The Witcher, You S2, Stranger Things, When They See Us, Unbelievable, BoJack, The Crown, Mindhunter S2 in the span of a few months and still has shows like Dark, Sex Education, Russian Doll, Titans, Sabrina, Ozark, Black Mirror, Haunting Of etc. coming back around soon plus Prime with stuff like The Boys, The Expanse, Maisel, Fleabag etc getting much better in this regard... well.

The Mandalorian and Imagineering Story are decent but it's basically all that D+ has and they don't compare to the stuff listed above. A catalog is wonderful, and it's impressive... but nostalgia isn't going to keep people subscribed. People want to consume new content when competitors are putting out great shit every month or two.

D+ has Star Wars series, Marvel series, cheap re-makes nobody asked for and non-scripted programming that glosses over the history of their properties.

When they develop some new IP's that compete with the breadth of content other services put out, I'll consider it as a annual sub.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe. The Nat Geo library is nice. Marvel shows will be the next big thing though and there's a bit of a wait there. Lots of content if you have kids but I'd prefer if they added the Fox library into the package soemhow, but I know they won't.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I'm getting it free for a year so yes, but it would be yes regardless, I like the content and I have two children who love it, I will drop Netflix before I drop D+.

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've got a young kid and a wife who loves Disney movies so it's not going anywhere anytime soon. Also TCW yay

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
It's cheap enough to keep it around but once they start jacking up the price (you know it's going to happen sooner or later) then I may cancel when I no longer have anything left to watch.

FeliciaFelix

Oct 27, 2017
I didnt sign up for D+ for Star Wars. But in fact I might skip the one in theaters and wait for it to hit D+. In fact I plan to skip all Disney movies in theaters outside Marvel stuff because they'll be dumped there eventually.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
If anything I signed up for Disney+ for The Imagineering Story, and that ended a few weeks back.

I'll probably keep it throughout January but cancel it afterward.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
My family grabbed the long sub and my mom and sister have particularly been enjoying the whole gamut. If anything Mandalorian's been a nice plus.

Hoping to dig through the Marvel stuff as well, especially once the MCU shows come on. They currently have Agent Carter and the first season of Runaways, which is pretty dang neat.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
if i didn't get a year for free in the first place i probably would have never been subbed

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I had already prepaid for that deal a few months back otherwise I'd probably cancel once I'm done with Boy meets world and Rebels.

Lexad

"This guy are sick"
Nov 4, 2017
Hell yeah I am keeping it. Been through clone wars and half of rebels. Watching recess on the side. Haven't even gotten to all of the other shows from my youth yet