• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keeping sub?

• Yes

Votes: 201 27.8%
  • No

Votes: 279 38.5%
  • I have a long term sub already in place

Votes: 244 33.7%

• Total voters

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Simple question. Mandalorian is the only premium show on D+ for the next year roughly so now that it's over are you satisfied enough with the ancillary content to keep up your sub month to month. I would be canceling if not for my free year courtesy of Verizon.

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
Had I not pre-purchased three years specifically because it's cheaper to pay Disney + every month at a discount, instead of purchasing expensive Disney movies at full price for my kid, absolutely not. Then again, I'm the person who only, outside of Netflix, only subscribes to a service a month at a time, when I want to watch a specific show, and peace out after.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
No.

Also very displeased with what they have done to the Skywalkers and as a result, George's legacy. So I'm gonna be out of SW for a very long time if not permanently.

The marvel shows will probably get me in.

Really interested in Wanda vision and Loki.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
I still have 800 seasons of the Simpsons to get through.
The new DuckTales series is amazing and I need to watch it a few more times.
I haven't seen several Marvel movies
I haven't finished SW Rebels

There's so much on Disney+ for me to watch, no way I'm unsubbing.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Already subbed for the year so yes. There is a lot of Disney stuff I need to catch up on anyway.

Need to finish Clone Wars, and Rebels. Need to watch Frozen and some other movies.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a total dope and signed up for the D23 deal, but even if I hadn't, I'll still keep it going for The Clone Wars.

Also I wanna watch that Imagineering show

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got a year free from Verizon so yeah

Plus they have Recess

I didn't know Mandalorian was their only premium show for awhile, that's crazy

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hasn't even launched here yet. Everyone I know has seen The Mandalorian though. I will probably give it a try when it launches and might keep it going depending on how limited the UK content is. Definitely will subscribe for The Mandalorian S2.

Nov 13, 2017
Yes. It's pretty cheap and it's nice to have so many movies on hand.

I just started watching the Clone Wars series for the first time using it. It's pretty good.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I'm locked in for three years because of the super reduced rate. So I'll have it for at least that long.

I've been enjoying revisiting old shows from my youth but I'm sure that novelty will wear off eventually. The Mandolorian was really the only headline show I was really in to, and I have virtually no interest in the Marvel shows at all, so I'm holding out for Muppet stuff.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
I was actually waiting until it was done so I could get a sub and then binge it, but I'm gonna wait longer, until they have a couple Marvel shows under their belt, so I could binge them as well.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I want to watch Clone Wars and Rebels. Debating over whether to watch all of them or the watch order out there. Also, Even Stevens.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
I got the years worth since it is so cheap compared to Netflix, especially the Netflix UHD plans. Pretty sure these prices will double or triple in the next year or three.

I also have not watched any episodes of Mandalorian yet as I'm not a huge SW fan and I also prefer to binge watch once the episodes are out. Next movie I want to watch on there is TFA and then TLJ so that might stir something in me. I've seen both before but that was during their theatrical runs.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I've got three years paid already. It'll be worth it since this month I can check out the new Aladdin and Lion King. Down the road my son will watch more and more too.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
There's plenty of other things to catch up on....plus my kid requires Cars. CARS! CARS! CARS!

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Worth it just for Simpsons, tbh.

And I finished all of Clone Wars in time for S7 next month!

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
No because it hasn't been released in Europe yet. And seeing as I've seen Mando through other means, I'm not sure I'll get it when it becomes available here right away either.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yep. Watching Ducktales with my kid, then see if he likes Clone Wars. Still making my way through Imagineering Story. I'm good for a bit.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I thought I'd watch / rewatch a bunch of stuff on there but it's been 2 months and I haven't watched anything beside the mandolarian ..cause most of the shit I watched to death already and I have other commitments than to watch more old stuff .....yeah I think I'm gonna unsub until the Marvel shows start airing

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I haven't decided yet. I hope the Muppets show up soon. Until then I'll probably watch more of new Duck Tales, cause I've loved what I've seen so far.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have the three year deal so I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a free year through Verizon but I'll wait for another show before I re-up after the year ends.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've never watched one episode of the Mandalorian... not a Star Wars fan.

However, I already have Hulu and ESPN+, Disney+ only costs $2 additional. Makes no sense to cancel.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
It's up to my wife since she's the one that wanted it. I enjoyed Mandalorian, but I'm not much of a TV watcher and am not particularly hyped about anything D+ has in the pipeline, though I also haven't been paying much attention to what's to come.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Nope. Once the novelty of being able to stream childhood favorites wears off you are left with a pretty mediocre service.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've only watched half an episode. Seemed pretty lackluster. I'm in it for Marvel, Simpsons, and my children.

OP
OP
Hollywood Duo

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Got a couple of nieces that will make use of the service, so yes of course. Plus there is loads of stuff to explore, especially the future Marvel shows.
To your last point. I'm definitely interested in those shows but they are SO far off. 2021 and beyond. For me the service right now feels like a soft launch. Once they really get rolling in a couple years it'll be very interesting I think.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they didn't want my money as I'm not in the US. Watched Mando anyway 🤷

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
No.

Also very displeased with what they have done to the Skywalkers and as a result, George's legacy. So I'm gonna be out of SW for a very long time if not permanently.

I wish there was an eyeroll emoji here.

First of all, Lucas sold off this "legacy" willingly and early. He wanted out. And secondly have you ever read up on what he wanted to do with 7,8,9 and for that matter 10,11,12? Force eater enemies, more midichlorians.

You're holding on to something that was never going to be what you had in your head.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish there was an eyeroll emoji here.

First of all, Lucas sold off this "legacy" willingly and early. He wanted out. And secondly have you ever read up on what he wanted to do with 7,8,9 and for that matter 10,11,12? Force eater enemies, more midichlorians.

You're holding on to something that was never going to be what you had in your head.
Darth Icky.