• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who did you support?

• Team Tyrion

Votes: 108 11.5%
  • Team Dany

Votes: 115 12.2%
  • Team Jon

Votes: 253 26.9%
  • Team Arya

Votes: 131 13.9%
  • Team Bran

Votes: 22 2.3%
  • Team Davos

Votes: 160 17.0%
  • Team Night King

Votes: 153 16.2%

• Total voters

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I guess i liked the Starks from the beginning. But i was open to all developments.
I was just curious where it would go. I liked Jon and i had a bit of a crush on Ygritte (the character, not the actress. A breath of fresh air, reminded me of my girlfriend).
I also liked The Hound, Cersei, Jamie, Sansa, Littlefinger, Arya, Ned, Catelyn, Rob, Theon (Reek was also a good role), Brienne, Jorah, Joffrey, Ramsay, Stannis, Oberyn, Davos, Walder and Tormund, Hodor, King Robert and of course Tywin. The rest was a bit less convincing in performance imo.

There was a lot of awesome stuff and a lot of silly stuff (especially later on).
Big shoutout to Miguel Sapochnik.

Last edited:

Falldog

Oct 28, 2017
Lena Headey was so good as Cersei, it was hard not to root for her. The most disappointing thing about the last season was how little screen time she got.

Last edited:

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Team Dany I suppose though in retrospect I kind of wish we got an ultra dark ending where the Night King overruns Westeros.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I was team Davos. No, I didn't want him to sit on the Iron Throne. I just wanted him to survive until the end so I think he "won". Same for Grey Worm and Missandei :(

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I put money on Sam because it was clear that he would be the one to suggest democracy and to also be the one to chronicle the story itself.

GRRM has spoken about Samwise Gamgee being the true hero of LOTR, and Samwell Tarly is very much like Gamgee and also likely a self-insert of GRRM, so it'd make more sense that Sam, a gentle noble, who has numerous feats under his belt (intentionally or otherwise), and is also one of the most intelligent characters, and best friend of one of the main POV's and perfect Chad Jon Snow, would be prime ruler material.

More so than fucking Bran, lol.

Oh well, maybe in the books.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Started with Jon, but about half way through I just wanted the Night King to win. Show should have ended with Cersei on the thrown at the moment the dead breached the throne room door.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was on team Tyrion forever until he started turning into a buffoon. Then I was strictly on team Night King.

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
Team stark.

Though not really explored in the show, they have really interesting history as a family. Arya (show) from the start I knew was going to be one of my favorite characters. Her growth was fun to watch and her relationship with sandor was touching.

Sansa who i disliked as a character at first really grew on me in later seasons. Towards the end of her time at kingsanding and beyond that she became a favorite of mine. Her arc with Cersei and the Bolton's was really well done in my opinion.

Jon snow I have mixed feelings about. But most of my issues are with his writing more than him as a character. I did enjoy his relationship with Ygritte more than dany. And his ending on the show was very well done in my opinion. Ended how it started with him saying goodbye to his siblings which was touching. His targaryen lineage was a arc I didnt really care for. Just wish we could've gotten a 1v1 with him and the NK.

JJDubz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Prior to season 6, I was hoping for the dismantling of Westerosi nobility and the destruction of feudalism, full-stop; Dany actually breaking the wheel would likely be closest. 7-8, I wanted the Night King to make wights of the entire continent. Both are somewhat similar, but I was just hoping for every character to die by the end since they were barely recognizable. (Tormund, Davos, and Brienne could live peacefully beyond the wall, though)
#TeamNightKing

Last edited:

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Team Good Writing

I lost.

But really I didn't care who won or whatever as long as it was good writing.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
Team Dany I suppose though in retrospect I kind of wish we got an ultra dark ending where the Night King overruns Westeros.

The "dark" ending would have been Dany loses control of Drogon and Drogon goes on to destroy the world (or Dany finds a way to warg with Drogon permanently before dying and just uses Drogon as a vessel to take over the world.)

Oct 26, 2017
Team The People, led by Varys:

VARYS-GAME-OF-THRONES-quotes.jpg

teague

Dec 17, 2018
Lena Headey was so good as Cersei, it was hard not to root for her. The most disappointing thing about the last season was how little screen time she got.
Where the FUCK is #TeamCersei.

Preach

All these idiots up in the North bungling everything, putting their troops in front of very secure walls, blindly trusting Cersei's word, all I could think was, "the only person who's really trying hard enough to deserve the Iron Throne is Cersei"

sure, she blew up some people, but after what Dany did, come on

Then, of course, she puts the frickin Golden Company in front of the walls, her troops lose the ability to aim ballistas, and she blows her lead, but for a long time she was playing 4D chess and everyone else was playing pick up sticks

Also she is the one true fashion queen

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Team tyrion forever. Weird that he's so far down. Maybe cause I'm a book reader and he is clearly the favorite of GRRM there and it shows.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't on a team, but I loved Davos, so there you go. Would've selected Team Oberyn instead, if that was an option.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I was rooting for Dany because she was the only one who had the power to rain on Cersei's day. But that was before...well...y'know

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Dany just continued to act exactly as she had throughout the series, we just didn't know the people she'd had murdered before and she had people fighting hard to reign her in to prevent her from committing genocide. She was always a monster.

Team Arya all the way, she faced becoming a monster and redeemed herself.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I was blatantly and consistently calling for the Night King to win for years now. I wanted him to claim everyone in the north, then for all the now undead main characters to march south and kill Cersei...

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was team Dany all the way. Such a flawed and tragic ending to a character that was a beacon of hope for women and men around the world.

Edit: maximum amount of poll options have been reached. Sorry team Sansa etc.
This baffles me.

I get on the surface her being the great liberator was cool and all but she's been nothing but annoying these past few seasons. She woulda torched Kings Landing 3 seasons ago if it weren't for her advisors.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Stannis, so I'll settle for Davos. He's a great dude.

Stannis the Mannis but then he had to go and burn his kid and jobbed like a chump to Ser Twenty Goodmen. I've never been more disappointed, smh.
I would vote for Stannis except for that burning at the stake thing and dying all dumb like that, but anyway.

Team Davos!

tenor.gif
It's soooooo unlikely that this will happen in the book. Still mad at the writers for butchering my boy Stannis like this. It should've been his crazy ass wife, she was much more devoted to the red god dude from the beginning.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Littlefinger is my favorite in the books and Tyrion is a close second. Both can be pretty stupid in the show.

Chose my avatar because it looked better than the Baelish one.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Team Arya

The only one who never had a hand in the political bullshit and instead killed all the bad people we wanted dead

The hero we need tbh

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
This baffles me.

I get on the surface her being the great liberator was cool and all but she's been nothing but annoying these past few seasons. She woulda torched Kings Landing 3 seasons ago if it weren't for her advisors.
This. And we have real female heroes like Cortez and Thunberg. Maybe focus on those people and actually VOTE for a better world and participate.
This was a brutal fantasy show........... Still had a lot of strong women. But the world was brutal and there was no way Daenerys was ending up good imo.

marimo

Oct 25, 2017
Brienne and Arya have been my favorites since I read the books prior to season 1, so I guess I'm Team Stark. Fortunately for me they were also awesome in the show. I have to say though, pretty much all of the major Lannisters were fantastic characters that I enjoyed a lot.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Robb Stark will always be my favourite <3

But honestly by the end I was pretty much rooting for Cersei lol. So sick of Dany and Jon.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
By then end every character has been watered down, reduced, or flat out ruined.

I guess I'm Team Sansa, her taking the North might not be the most sound position(but then again Winter is apparently not coming so who the fuck knows) but screw the 7 Kingdoms as a political idea and screw the show for making every character continue the bullshit that is caused by the adherence to said idea.

Show: Has Drogon melt the Iron Throne dramatically.
Also Show: Doesn't have that heavy handed symbolism mean anything as the political structure is still the same.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
"what team did you support"

Lists individuals....... ridiculous

House Stark/Team Stark whatever you want to call it.

Cersei and Dany should have been dealt with episode 1 and 2, rest of the season should have dealt with the White Walkers.