• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
The Victory Celebration is perfect, one of the best musical moments in Star Wars!

I never knew the other one.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Victory Celebration sounds like EPCOT Illuminations, which I love, and seems perfect for a celebrations around the whole galaxy. It also takes only 1 minute to get really good.
Yub Nub is funny, and i mean this in a good way, but it only really gets good as a big celebration right at the end. Most of it just sounds too mild, like if ewoks were just celebrating a birthday party.

Last edited:

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Yub Nub works as the ending to Return of the Jedi.

Victory Celebration works as the ending to the whole series.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Who the hell cares about those other planets? Tatooine, Coruscant, Naboo, Bespin, ya'll didn't do shit!

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
They are both fine but they both have a similar quality of not really sounding all that much like Star Wars music.

"Yub Nub" always reminds me of Sesame Street, so I guess it wins.

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
All you Victory Celebration younglings, sheesh. I was there in '83, and I'll be steadfastly Yubbing my Nub over here in in the corner.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yub Nub works better because it is diegetic, and keeps the focus on the main heroes, their stuggles, and their joyful reuniting. It is a more personal ending to their journey that emphasizes the core relationships of the trilogy.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
TROS is a terrible movie but it actually has my favorite Star Wars victory music. Imagine this attached to something actually meaningful:

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
Both work and I like both for different reasons.

Victory Celebration is better given the context of the prequels that adds additional build up and catharsis from that moment. It feels more like a galaxy-wide victory here.

Before the prequels existed and given the OT's more personal story, partying with the Ewoks fit better. It feels more like a personal victory for Luke & the Rebels here.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Yub Nub gets stuck in my head all the time and I haven't even heard it in years.

I honestly can't even remember what the new one sounds like.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I do like this song. It has this Wild ARMs feel to it. Check out this track from the Wild ARMs ending, it has a similar vibe IMO:

Oct 28, 2017
It's no Yub Nub, but given the context of the cut, it does work better. In the end it is always Yub Nub though.

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017
I loved the intimacy of the original - like, yeah the galaxy is no doubt celebrating, but the real party is happening by torchlight on this tiny little moon.

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Absolutely agreed. I range from "don't care" to "what the fuck" for pretty much every change in the Special Edition and onwards, but Victory Celebration is the one change I greatly prefer.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I love Victory Celebration because it gave that sense of finality to this long and hard battle.

Now that absolutely everything in that scene has been rendered irrelevant and a false victory, I guess Yub Nub fits better.

samwyse

Oct 28, 2017
It's an Ewok party. It's Yub Nub.

The added celebration scenes are garbage that don't fit in the movie. Hayden ghost is total garbage.