• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Finally powered through POE1 after having almost completed it in 2015. Great game but I just wanted it done, it's been too long and I could barely remember most of the story.

4 hours into POE2 and I'm already loving it. Every change so far seems to have been for the better. The effects/animations are gorgeous and the music is stop notch so far. I can see myself losing an awful lot of time to this!

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Finally powered through POE1 after having almost completed it in 2015.
I'm in the same boat but it'll take me a bit longer. Wrapping up White March Pt2, then I'm going to finish a few more quests before clearing the game. In terms of main quests I think I'm almost at the very end now. Just gotta chase Thaos down some hole.

OP
OP
Durante

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
-Nekataka is just too damn big. I feel like it could of easily been split into 2 or 3 smaller cities. It's just so densely packed with quests and bounties and conversations it can be easily overwhelming.
It's one of the things I love most about the game.

For me there's nothing like a huge CRPG city.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Damn this game looks fantastic. It completely slipped by me too. I was expecting some boring shooter or something, but this makes me glad I still check these threads. Im definitely going to check this out. I probably missed the sales though.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I finished PoE1 today and started PoE2. I'm now stuck at character creation. I don't get what the game is trying to say. So... I can import a save and it detected my character and choices. Then it asked me the endgame choice question since that's the only choice you make after your last possible save in the game, which makes sense. Then I'm asked to recall the face of my character.... and.... my only choices are to import from a bunch of pre-made characters or start from scratch? What happened to my actual character from PoE1????

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I finished PoE1 today and started PoE2. I'm now stuck at character creation. I don't get what the game is trying to say. So... I can import a save and it detected my character and choices. Then it asked me the endgame choice question since that's the only choice you make after your last possible save in the game, which makes sense. Then I'm asked to recall the face of my character.... and.... my only choices are to import from a bunch of pre-made characters or start from scratch? What happened to my actual character from PoE1????

There's no option to actually import your character from Poe1, because that kind of wouldn't make sense with how different the class/combat mechanics are in Deadfire, not to mention you are starting over from level 1 again. Unlike, say Baldur's Gate where the systems didn't really change and the sequel starts you at a higher level.

The import in deadfire is solely for game state and story considerations.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Only the choices carry over, you can recreate your character from the original (same face and hair options are still around), but you can't actually import your old character. This was done to make it so that returning players can also play around with the new multiclass options. Me, I personally just recreated my PoE1 character for my first playthrough.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Wow I had no idea. That's kinda crummy because I don't even remember the exact settings I used for my character since it was like a gazillion years ago. I thought this was a straight import. They could have reset all the levels and skills but at least kept the appearance of the character from the save right? How hard would that have been? :(

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Wow I had no idea. That's kinda crummy because I don't even remember the exact settings I used for my character since it was like a gazillion years ago. I thought this was a straight import. They could have reset all the levels and skills but at least kept the appearance of the character from the save right? How hard would that have been? :(
It's got a totally revamped and upgraded character model system. Character models in PoE were complete potatoes, Deadfire is a massive improvement in customization and detail. Plus lots of people want to change race, gender, class, etc. I know I did.