• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What games you think Sony is baking for PS5 launch

• Knack 3

Votes: 257 22.3%
  • Horizon: ZD 2

Votes: 619 53.8%
  • Spider-man 2

Votes: 212 18.4%
  • Demon's Souls remake

Votes: 575 50.0%
  • God of War 2

Votes: 177 15.4%
  • Gran Turismo 7

Votes: 289 25.1%
  • Others

Votes: 230 20.0%

• Total voters

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why do people list heavy hitters as launch games? You release those games when you've built up a considerable user base not on launch day when youll have barely over 2 million

Feb 8, 2018
If they need until 2022 for a new GT it's seriously time for Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst to ensure Polyphony get their shit together, there's simply no reason why a racing game needs to take 4+ years.

This is fairly debatable. Of course it depends on the type of game too. A sim with a solid amount of new content (made from the ground up things) will take time. Like creating the most detailed open world racer ever.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
PS5 is going to have HZD2, Spiderman 2, GoW2, Days Gone 2, a new Team ICO game, Bloodborne 2, a new IP from Japan Studio, Gran Turismo 7, a new game from Quantic Dream (which will end up releasing on PC as well), new remakes from Bluepoint Games (Demon's Souls and MGS), a new horror IP from Kojima Productions (maybe even Silent Hills with the collaboration of Konami? It will also release on PC), Ratchet and Clank 2 remake, a new game from Sucker Punch (new InFamous, GoT2 or a new IP), a new IP from Santa Monica Studios, a new IP from a new Sony studio in San Diego (maybe it's an Uncharted game?), Medievil 2 remake, a new IP from Naughty Dog and The Last of Us Part 3. If there is any new acquisition, it's going to be Bluepoint games and/or Remedy Games (they could end up releasing a new exclusive IP for Sony as well). The question is, when will all these releases take place? Just wait patiently people, it's 18-19 new games that are bound to be released in the next 6 years.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
God of War II won't be out until late 2021 at the earliest.
Ratchet & Clank 2 will certainly appear before the next Spider-Man game.

Horizon 2 is looking like is could be an early 2021 game - four years on from the first game.
Gran Turismo 7 might make launch but also might slip to the same release window as Horizon 2.

I think a smaller Japan Studio title could make launch.
Also some AAA new IP from Housemarque for launch.
R&C and Demon's Souls seems the most likely ones we'll see at launch.

All-in-all, we're probably looking at a really impressive first year.

Well I think there is no way Sony would just suit themselves with enhanced PS4 games if Halo infinite and Hell blade 2 are launch titles for XBOX.
Hellblade 2 is not a launch game.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Demon souls cant be the only thing they have for release, as much as FS games have gained attention, i think its still a pretty "niche" game for a console release.
GT7 or RC should be there too.

They will have HZD for 1st half of 2021, and I would love to see Soul lost aside as 2nd half of 2021 game.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, my point was MS will have big hitters for XSX launch.
Xbox tends to start relatively strong, so I don't doubt that. They will all be cross-gen though so really, what you're getting are Xbox One games promoted as next-gen. Halo Infinite, Forza 8, probably another Killer Instinct and some content via third party is my estimation. Sony will have big hitters too and they'll have a stronger lineup than they did with PS4, for sure.