• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What games you think Sony is baking for PS5 launch

• Knack 3

Votes: 257 22.3%
  • Horizon: ZD 2

Votes: 619 53.8%
  • Spider-man 2

Votes: 212 18.4%
  • Demon's Souls remake

Votes: 575 50.0%
  • God of War 2

Votes: 177 15.4%
  • Gran Turismo 7

Votes: 289 25.1%
  • Others

Votes: 230 20.0%

• Total voters

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Im pretty sure the PS5 launch line-up will be a repeat of PS4. Im sure we all remember the whole "Indistation 4" and "PS4 holiday lineup is sparse and thats a good thing" memes. I think this will be a repeat of last gen in a way. PS5 will have the same schedule but Phil will spread out their butter alot more so they can have their AAA's last instead of 3-4 games each holiday for the 1st 2-3 years and then be bust while PS5's games ramp up. Really excited for this gen. Sony has the history for great AAA games and Phil is gonna show what the Team can do under him for the start of a new generation. Cant wait to get my hands on both consoles this year.

Try again.

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
Desert Glory is the GOAT, I have no time for anyone that enjoys Frostfire.

but man, Crossroads.......amazing.

Forget number 5, just remake the first 2. Bluepoint you got this.

Crossroads is the greatest square ever created.

Sony should just get New World Interactive (Insurgency) or Offworld Industries (Squad) to make the new SOCOM, they already make similar style successful games.

OP
OP
sxiebonjour

sxiebonjour

Oct 25, 2017
Halo Infinite and Hellblade 2 are both going to be released on X1 and enhanced on XSX, aren't they? So it's basically the same I guess (even though I doubt Sony would launch a console without a big game being exclusive to it)
Well, I meant plain PS4 enhanced games, like enhance edition of TLOU 2 , GOT, etc.

I think they also need blockbusters like mentioned MS games to boost PS5 sale at launch and those games can be cross gen.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 will play all PS4 games. I'd say chances are that this is all what they are baking. The real PS5 games will come in 2021 and on.

Oh, and Knack 3 of course.

if they were going to do that, wouldn't they be tempted to push out GoT until September and have it as a fresh game for ps5? June release feels like they're clearing the decks to give space for new ps5 stuff in the fall

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
The only ones that matter, in order of importance:
Knack 3
Knack 3 DLC (they can release the DLC as a full price add-on because it's gonna be that damn good)
Knack 3 Knut's & Kbolts Kedition
Knack Trilogy
Knack 1 Reborn Edition featuring VR

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
if they were going to do that, wouldn't they be tempted to push out GoT until September and have it as a fresh game for ps5? June release feels like they're clearing the decks to give space for new ps5 stuff in the fall
What's the point if it'll still be a PS4+PS5 game, a single purchase for both?

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
If it has PS4-compatibility, I'm guessing they will have PS5 upgrade packs for popular games... either paid or free dlc.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I'd love to be wrong but I just don't think HZD2 is going to be a launch title. I think they're going to take as long as they need on it and aren't going to tie it down to launch and possibly rush it. I realize it's been a while since the first but it was Herman's studio, and now he's the head of WWS, so it seems like that studio would be allowed to take all the time they need.

Again, would love to be wrong. I think the whispers of DS remake have been floating around long enough that it could be a good candidate. Spiderman 2 is too early. Same with GoW2.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised this is coming so close to The Last Of Us Part II. Sounds like Sony will release PS5 information once all current generation projects are done. Maybe a full PS5 reveal in August at GamesCom.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
What's the point if it'll still be a PS4+PS5 game, a single purchase for both?

Yeah. Well if the suggestion is they don't have any good games and are relying for the big PS4 games, then moving one of those closer to launch at least keeps it fresher

personally I think that's nonsense and there will absolutely be exclusive ps5 games. not sure if they'll be big stuff - Sony may try New IP which may or may not work, and real big games may be more 'first year' than launch

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
I want no ps5 talk from Sony until we've enjoyed these last few masterpieces. FF7, Dreams, Ghost and TLOU2. What a final year from them in terms of exclusives. And by final year that's just the first half. But after this launches reveal the ps5 properly in July or August just let us enjoy this awesome home run/victory lap they are treating us to.
You can't enjoy those games if they talked about the PS5 in March? Seems to me it worked out rather well them talking about the PS4 early even though The Last of Us came out that same year didn't it?

The best case scenario is the PS5 launching with Horizon 2 but when was the last time Sony had a huge title or system seller on launch day?

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Halo Infinite and Hellblade 2 are both going to be released on X1 and enhanced on XSX, aren't they? So it's basically the same I guess (even though I doubt Sony would launch a console without a big game being exclusive to it)
Halo Infinite is releasing on everything. As far as we know, Hellblade 2 is Series X exclusive.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Well if the suggestion is they don't have any good games and are relying for the big PS4 games, then moving one of those closer to launch at least keeps it fresher

personally I think that's nonsense and there will absolutely be exclusive ps5 games. not sure if they'll be big stuff - Sony may try New IP which may or may not work, and real big games may be more 'first year' than launch
They'll have some PS5 exclusives at launch for sure but those who expect GOW2 or SM2 or even Horizon 2 at launch are delusional. It'll be something along the lines of Demon's Souls remaster and Knack 3.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
You can't enjoy those games if they talked about the PS5 in March? Seems to me it worked out rather well them talking about the PS4 early even though The Last of Us came out that same year didn't it?

The best case scenario is the PS5 launching with Horizon 2 but when was the last time Sony had a huge title or system seller on launch day?
It just kills me waiting for things I want to play. And there's so much good stuff to play before then.

I'm not this bad but my friend said he won't even consider a new game until the ps5 because it will play better there.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Didn't MS say they wouldn't be releasing any 1st party exclusives to the XSX and all will be playable on X1?
they said that they will be doing that for the first 1-2 years, not forever, and from what Phil said it sounds like Hellblade 2 is so early in development that we're waiting at least 2 years, maybe more, until release.

A Microsoft representative has confirmed that Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 will be released for both PC and the upcoming Xbox Series X. In a tweet to a fan, GM of Xbox Games Marketing Aaron Greenberg said that the game is being made "exclusively" for both Microsoft's new console and the PC.

source

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony's doomed, they have nothing to show for second half of the year since PS5 is cancelled and they're skipping E3 again.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
they said that they will be doing that for the first 1-2 years, not forever, and from what Phil said it sounds like Hellblade 2 is so early in development that we're waiting at least 2 years, maybe more, until release.

source
Realistically what studios from Sony would have games ready for the PS5? I was looking at Guerilla and it's been 3 years since Horizon but it took 4 years to make from Killzone Shadown fall. Polyphony Digital are never on time and I don't expect GT7 until 2021 at the earliest. Sony has a lot of big titles for the first half but I don't know what they could have ready day one on PS5. This is kind of the pattern we've seen, about 2 years after release the big guns start to come out so I don't think Microsoft's strategy is as bad as some make it out to be.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Horizon before Xmas, maybe day One?
Dark Souls Remake till Q1
Some random kid friendly game from Japan day 1
One VR game (short) day 1

I dont think Dreams will release on PS5 before Q2.

Id bet either Sony or Microsoft will have Fortnite day one on the new system, maybe the other would counter with Apex or PUBG. In fact Im curious about all these games, how long till they are available? They are free to play (not PUBG) and rely on mtx so the earlier they are available, the better. Same for Destiny 2.

coldcrush

Jun 11, 2018
any of the big players in that list are most likely going to be cross gen. Not that they wont look amazing but Its unlikely they will sacrifice the loss in sales to make it a ps5 exclusive. Maybe souls remake/knack and a few others will be exclusives.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
I would love Horizon 2 at launch. Even if the PS5/Pro is $599 I'm in.

I think there's a good chance too looking at Guerilla's record (More or less 3 years between titles)

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
For the inevitable press conference I would want to see a lot of new I.P.s especially from Japan Studio.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's good that they're getting this stuff out of the way now. This way, the upcoming PS5 news won't overshadow the PS4 games. Think about it, they're going to show PS5 games that are exclusive to PS5. They're going to look so good it'll be all people talk about, so yeah, I'm happy they decided to drop some GoT news today.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Im pretty sure the PS5 launch line-up will be a repeat of PS4. Im sure we all remember the whole "Indistation 4" and "PS4 holiday lineup is sparse and thats a good thing" memes. I think this will be a repeat of last gen in a way. PS5 will have the same schedule but Phil will spread out their butter alot more so they can have their AAA's last instead of 3-4 games each holiday for the 1st 2-3 years and then be bust while PS5's games ramp up. Really excited for this gen. Sony has the history for great AAA games and Phil is gonna show what the Team can do under him for the start of a new generation. Cant wait to get my hands on both consoles this year.
The team under Phil has had the worst output of games ever seen for a console generation. Granted I expect it to be a lot better next generation, but it literally can't get any worse.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
zero dawn 2 is a no-brainer

demon's souls is my dream launch game

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After seeing BP's SotC remake, I can't wait what they can pull off with PS5. SotC remake is one of the best looking games there is right now.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think horizon 2 is coming until 2021. Maybe spring 2021 while spiderman 2 could be holiday season 2021.

GT Sport 2 or GT7 seems like a better launch title to show that tech off and not worry about having a certain number of consoles in homes to get your development cost back.

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
Do we definitely know the Demons Souls remake is a thing? Seems a weird title to launch a new console.

Stixitnu

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 9, 2018
Whatever Housemarque and Arrowhead are making should be around launch for PS5

Nov 5, 2017
Recall that Bluepoint has been heavily teasing something HUGE these last few months...they may have a game ready for the PS 5 at launch.