• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
In case anyone has any doubts still, the guy that "threw the beer" at MJF was an indie wrestler they used for the spot (per Fightful)

Independent Wrestler Alan Angels has confirmed that he's the person who hit MJF with the big cup of water at AEW Full Gear. He wrestles next weekend at Prime Time Pro Wrestling and competes around the Georgia area.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think Janela vs Spears was bad at all to be honest. Would have preferred they got behind Janela though.

I don't think it was that bad, but Spears has a style that sticks out like a sore thumb and unlike Cody he doesn't have the emotional investment from the crowd to make up for it

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't think it was that bad, but Spears has a style that sticks out like a sore thumb and unlike Cody he doesn't have the emotional investment from the crowd to make up for it
I agree with you, his gimmick isn't really working well (and doesn't work for me at all). But as an undercard match it was totally fine.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with you, his gimmick isn't really working well (and doesn't work for me at all). But as an undercard match it was totally fine.

Part of it for me is that I feel like if you are doing PPVs as infrequently as AEW is, you should reserve those spots for your most built and/or best stuff. It didn't really need to happen here and I don't think it deserved the main card spot over Britt/Bea, which was both a longer and better built match.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think Janela vs Spears was bad at all to be honest. Would have preferred they got behind Janela though.

I really liked the setup for the finish. Spears definitely didn't rise to the occasion for the Cody match but he's settled into a good spot now and they're integrating Tully into his matches/feud well.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Part of it for me is that I feel like if you are doing PPVs as infrequently as AEW is, you should reserve those spots for your most built and/or best stuff. It didn't really need to happen here and I don't think it deserved the main card spot over Britt/Bea, which was both a longer and better built match.
Fair enough!

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
I vote that Sanada retire the paradise lock.

It's dumb. It makes everyone involved look dumb and is the low point of every match he's in.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Britt/Bea: Only half paid attention. Had some decent moments to what I saw, not sure Britt should go over when there's more upside in Bea at the moment. Brandi attacking all the heels is still weird unless she means to control them all through some kinda weird shit.

Bucks/LAX: Was cooking during this, but what I saw was solid. Bucks not going over was what needed to happen. Rock n Roll Express getting their licks in at the end was a little weird, but fine.

PAC/Hangman: Hangman won so I guess he's not going heel and he's not gonna be mopey everywhere now. Was barely paying attention until the end so you got me on that.

SCU vs. Lucha Bros vs. Private Party: Weird match that got better near the end. Honestly I'm not sure they should've even had SCU wrestling so soon. Loved Christopher Daniels coming back at the end.

Spears/Janela: Joey should've gone over. More interesting, more over with the crowd, better wrestler. Plus Spears and Tully had him looking like a bitch at the end of that. Dude really needed the win.

Riho/Emi: I did not expect this to be so good. In terms of pure wrestling, this was MOTN easy. SO GOOD. I wasn't sure Emi shouldn't be the champ after that.

Jericho/Cody: Good match, not as good as the women so it's like NXT Takeovers back in the day. They really had me buying into the false finishes near the end, and MJF throwing the towel in was believable. I didn't want MJF turning heel so soon. Is he with the Inner Circle or doing his own thing?

Moxley/Omega: This stopped just shy of being uncomfortable in terms of death match stuff. There were a few moments where I was kinda side eyeing it, but it was overall still a good match. The bit where Omega went kinda nuts in the end was crazy. And watching Moxley crawl through the glass to break the hold? Excellent. I can't imagine being angry at the match or calling it "the worst thing I've ever seen" like some goofs, but I would say I wouldn't want them to go further than this in terms of hardcore stuff.

All in all a solid PPV. Not touching All In or Double or Nothing by any means. As hyped as I was for Janela's next match, they could've cut that.

Anyway, I'm going to the show on Wednesday and I'm excited so they've done their jobs.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Spears/Janela: Joey should've gone over. More interesting, more over with the crowd, better wrestler. Plus Spears and Tully had him looking like a bitch at the end of that. Dude really needed the win.

Getting used as a human ashtray and then losing the match does seem pretty harsh given the month that he's had.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
scu is poison and that chris daniels reveal was as bad as anything WWE has done lately

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
scu is poison and that chris daniels reveal was as bad as anything WWE has done lately

You people hate fun.

Getting used as a human ashtray and then losing the match does seem pretty harsh given the month that he's had.

Yeah I was sure that Janela would get an easy win off Spears since he's done nothing to impress me and the way he lost so easy to Cody made me think he was just a nobody rather than a serious player.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
You know, fuck Ospreay and all that, but Goddamn he always looks like he's having so much fun.

Also props to Okada acknowledging the TNA reunion with Red.