• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
KWLVbbA.jpg

EnUXR2lXIAE8MEz

Apparently all of these games were released on November 21st. The only one I haven't played is Donkey Kong Country 2.
With that said, my favorite game from the list still has to be Pokemon Silver, closely followed by OOT.

Till this day some of my favorite pokemon came from that Gen like Tyranitar, Typhlosion & Espeon.

What was your favorite game from this list and what are some of your memories of these games.

Apr 19, 2018
Germany
Super Mario World by a mile. It was my first video game ever and to this day it is my favorite platformer of all time.

Last edited:

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Super Mario 3D World and Smash 4 Wii U were absolutely a blast during my adolescence, so that. The same goes for Pokèmon Sapphire and my childhood, so that

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Pkmn Gold and Silver, my favorite in the series as the pokémon game I played the most in my life.

Link to the past is a close second though

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I remember my first time coming across Red in the cave and getting obliterated by his team

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
Helluva lineup. I'd probably give the nod to DKC2. While I do love SMW, I think it's been edged out by the Galaxy games as far as Mario goes. But DKC2 remains the pinnacle of its series.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Got confused because I thought Melee came out in December but it was only in NA.
Of all of those games, Melee is probably the most significant to me.

Many

Sep 17, 2018
A lot or Nintendo games are released on my birthday, even my favorite one, Ocarina; and another if my favoritas, A link to the past, was released the same day I was born. Whats the deal with this day, why so many important releases?

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Kind of a weird mix of JP and US release dates in there but they're almost all cornerstones of gaming (maybe DKCR and Smash 4 not so much but they're still great). And hey, I'd include F-Zero in that since that was JP launch. LTTP, DKC2, OoT and 3D World are all basically incredible games I could replay forever.

And don't forget the DS launch. That thing's just a wee bit important to Nintendo.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I never got any of these games for their original launch except Smash 4 and 3D World - Smash 4 with the caveat that it was the European date.

That being said, Donkey Kong Country 2 the GOAT.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I mean, it's gotta be Ocarina for me. In many ways, it's basically the game that shaped me.

The only one I haven't played is Donkey Kong Country 2
Oh, pretty much the same here. Each time I played it I didn't get very far. DKC2 was always on my list to beat, but I just never got around to it.

I'm thinking that maybe because I grew up with the first DKC, I just always had that feeling like DDKC2 just isn't as good to me? But either way I want to compete it someday.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Difficult choice between Ocarina and Pokemon Gold. Formative experiences for me.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
DKC2 is in my top ten, but after that I'm still spoiled. Probably 3D World, Melee, and Gold/Silver in that order. All of these are great games though.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a shameless proponent of Super Mario 3D World. So I will go with Super Mario 3D World!

As an side, I played through A Link to the Past recently on Wii U VC, and it's amazing how that game holds up.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when 3D World and A Link Between Worlds launched on the same day? That was magical.

rustymonk

Oct 28, 2017
It's amazing there is only 7 years between LttP and Ocarina of Time.

8 years between CoDBlops 2 and CodBlops Cold War...

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good fucking god the one two punch of 3d world and link between worlds was fucking amazing.

I had purchased a ps4 already and went to the gamestop midnight launch of the xbox one with my pals, they were getting one, i wouldnt get one unti september 2014, once Kinect was taken out.

but i did grab 3d world and a link between worlds that night. I put a ton of time into those games. Ironically enough my friends were more into 3d world coop with me than they were their new xbox ones

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing Super Mario World annually since I was 2 or 3 years old, so probably that.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Pokémon Gold, still one of my favorite games that's always just outside my top ten

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Pokemon Gold and Silver! The only gen I loved enough to get all three games (tossing Crystal in here) in and actually play all of them to completion. Just magical, even replaying them or their remakes gives me more joy than any other Pokemon game has or likely ever will.

On a side note, Smash Wii U is the, uh... obvious weak link on the list. Sometimes I forget it exists and I even have a copy and think "huh, what a gap between Brawl and Ultimate" lmao

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, Pokemon Silver. So many good memories. It was when I knew for sure that Pokemon was no fad and here to stay.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
A day off with Super Mario 3D World. It launched on November 22nd along with The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, but that's just splitting hairs. Regardless, that was a fun day for sure! An excellent 3D Mario and one of my favorite 2D Zelda games!