• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which game are you most excited for?

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 763 37.8%
  • Starfield

Votes: 643 31.9%
  • God of War Ragnarok

Votes: 610 30.3%

• Total voters
Dec 14, 2017
I voted Starfield because it's Bethesda, but it could as easily have been BotW2. The main determinant there is that it's a game being developed for what will be five years old hardware when it comes out. I think Starfield is the only current-gen-only title of those mentioned, and I'm excited to see if the engine truly has been improved

Spedfrom

Oct 27, 2017
I'll never play it, but Starfield is right up my alley and it looks really good. Xbox players seem to be in for a treat.

I have an OLED Switch and a PS5 but BotW did nothing for me and I'm not interested in the sequel. So second spot goes for GoWR. I enjoyed the 2018 game a lot and got the platinum. I'm sure the sequel will be fun as well, provided they've improved the boss fights.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
If Starfield isn't the most "surprising" one, then i would be highly disappointed.

Well, actually not surprised after Fallout 4 and 76, but there is hope.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Even as a mainly PC gamer, BotW is the most exciting thing here for me.

I really like Oblivion and Skyrim, but Bethesda's Sci-fi stuff like Fallout doesn't really click well for me. I don't think Starfield will change that, but i'm open to trying it at least.

God of War? Don't really care lol.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Starfield is the most exciting because it's next-gen only and a new Bethesda IP.

God of War will probably be the most critically acclaimed, because it's a sequel to one of the best games of the last decade by one of the industry's best studios.

Breath of the Wild 2 is the most curious, because it's a sequel to a near-perfect game that doesn't really demand a follow-up in the same world. It could be more of the same and a refinement (e.g. SMG2), or something quite radical (e.g. Majora's Mask).
Prophet of truth indeed, great take, very excited for all three.

God of War: Ragnarok with Starfield close behind (though that could easily be switched if Starfield has "oh wow this is a truly current/next-gen game!" but from my first few hours of BotW I am not that impressed with it (which is my problem with a lot of open world games, is that they are not necessarily deep but takes ages to get in the flow iwth them).
Isn't Starfield launching on the PC? Not really an exclusive like the other two....
Going foward Xbox is more about Eco-System Exclusivity than the traditional sense say 10 or so years ago. Sony will be transitioning to somewhere similar from now on.
I really like Oblivion and Skyrim, but Bethesda's Sci-fi stuff like Fallout doesn't really click well for me. I don't think Starfield will change that, but i'm open to trying it at least.
I think Fallout is somewhat limited by post-apocalyptic setting than being Sci-Fi. That's my problem with all these focuses of post-apocalyptic (with the usual Trope of "humans are the REAL MONSTERS").

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
Starfield being a new IP is perhaps the most interesing, but I'm looking forward to BotW2 the most since it is the game I'm most likely to play at release. Whether or not it releases in 2022 is another story.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Starfield first and foremost due to it being an RPG, followed by BOTW2, then GOW. I'm going to play all 3 and expect them all to be amazing!

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Starfield. I'll pick up and emulate botw 2 if they fix the god awful weapon system and actually add shit to do in the world. GOW: R I'll get on pc in a few years.

bob1001

▲ Legend ▲
May 7, 2020
BotW will sell a shit ton of copies I'm sure, more than the others combined probably. Anyway, 2 of those 3 are sequels ...
If it does it'll only be because people playing on Gamepass don't really count as "sales". Bethesda games are traditionally big sellers and the last GoW sold very well too.

It'll probably make more money tho because Nintendo games rarely decrease in price and continue to sell well years after release, despite the high price points.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
BotW will sell a shit ton of copies I'm sure, more than the others combined probably. Anyway, 2 of those 3 are sequels ...

Give me the only original IP please.

We got numbers updated for both those titles recently, and God of War was at like 19.5 million and Breathe of the Wild was at 24 million. And that is not even including how much Bethesda games typically sell, so BoTW is unlikely to beat both combined. All three will sell extremely well, although BoTW 2 will probably sell the most.

HVivi

Nov 29, 2020
I am not a big fan of open world games so both BotW 2 and Starfield don't interest me much. I will try both in hopes that they will hook me but I have never liked a Bethesda game so far and did not like BotW. Can't wait for God of War Ragnarok as I have loved every game in that series. Will be playing that one first for sure.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I think Starfield might edge this one out for me. It's the first new i.p. from BGS in ages and they are taking their time with it. Hope it turns out good.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Yeah, I could see Zelda being delayed, too. God of War being more linear probably means it's probably more complete, and it's already been delayed.
Technically, BotW2 wouldn't be delayed. Aonuma said they were aiming for 2022, not that it would release in 2022. Tricky wording for sure, but it gives them an out if they need it.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Technically, BotW2 wouldn't be delayed. Aonuma said they were aiming for 2022, not that it would release in 2022. Tricky wording for sure, but it gives them an out if they need it.
correct-technically-correct.gif

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
God of War by a lot. No idea when I'll get around to Starfield as fuck trying to get another console anytime soon and my PC sucks. And I'll get around to BoTW 2 eventually, but with a few big open world games next year I'll be very burnt out on them by November most likely.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Starfield, best availability and don't require "exclusives-only" -console.
Isn't Starfield launching on the PC? Not really an exclusive like the other two....

God of War is coming to PC too, no?

Windows is a Microsoft platform.

PC is not inherently Windows. Proton/Steam Deck is a thing 😉

Give me the only original IP please.

But both God of War and Fallout 4 sold over 20 million, just like BOTW (which sits at 24 mill currently). None of them are going to vastly outsell each other.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
Starfield because I know less about it and my imagination is running wild about the type of game it could, but probably won't, be.

Turrican2

Oct 28, 2017
Hamburg
1. Zelda Breath of the Wild 2
2. God of War Ragnarok

I am very interested in God of War Ragnarok as I really like the PS4 reboot, especially after the series went kind of stale with 3 (I played all of them except Ascension) and it is one of my most wanted games for 2022.
That being said Breath of the Wild was fantastic so I seriously can't wait to play another entry in that series.
No interest in Starfield at all. Tried many Bethesda Games (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout 3) and Fallout 3 was the only one I finished. They make good games but they are just not for me.

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, it's coming to PC also. There's probably a good chance Ragnarok will go to PC as well.
There is probably a chance you will be able to rip botw2 with a modded switch and play it on an emulator on PC. I guess none of these are exclusives :p

The whole on PC so not an exclusive is funny. You still pretty much have to be on a MS system be it Windows or Xbox.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Starfield I'll play thanks to gamepass and God of War I'll get day 1 but will skip BotW2 as didn't like the first.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Not super hype for any of these three, but maybe Starfield the most, as I only recently started to get into first person open world games. I liked Breath of the Wild a lot but never finished it, same for God of War.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
BotW is my favorite game so obviously I'm looking forward to it, to put it midly. But Starfield is such a wild card, it's so exciting. I've loved their RPGs in the past but didn't care for Fallout 4, but their games are always like events and the sci fi angle they're going for has so much promise.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Also, I voted Starfield because it's the new IP of the 3. GoW will be crazy good, same with BoTW, and we know what to expect. Starfield is the dark horse in the sense where we haven't seen any gameplay and can be wowed by whatever direction they take the game.

At the end of the day 2022 is gonna be a good year for gaming.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Starfield I guess. BotW is a close second, I find myself not enjoying playing on Switch anymore.

Switch 4K or Switch 2 can't come soon enough.

Ragnarok will be great, but I feel like it won't be that much different to the first one. I kinda know what to expect already.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I can wait on GoW. BotW2 may just end up being the same game that I didn't enjoy.

Starfield might be multi-planetary Skyrim. I imagine it as the next Mass Effect. 100% in.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
God of war will be summer inexpect. Can't remember the last time Sony released a big game in the holidays

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I don't think Zelda makes it next year.
Starfield: Waiting for reviews, but interested!
I really liked GoW but I have very little interest in the sequel.