• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which game are you most excited for?

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 763 37.8%
  • Starfield

Votes: 643 31.9%
  • God of War Ragnarok

Votes: 610 30.3%

• Total voters

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
I'm most excited for Starfield simply because of my hopes that it's a big leap for videogames and the fact that I don't know what to expect since it's not a sequel or continuation of anything.

Still very, very excited for the other games.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm most excited for BOTW2, followed by Starfield. I love BOTW, and while I don't expect BOTW2 to capture the same magic for me, it's still my most anticipated game for next year.

Starfield intrigues me, and I'm a sucker for science fiction anyways.

I didn't like the older GoW games, but I'll be playing GoW2018 when it drops on PC and then I'll see how excited I am for Ragnarok.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why the hell do people keep thinking Starfield is going to get delayed? Todd gave it a date and said it's already playable from beginning to end.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
OP, where is this rumor about BotW 2 coming November 2022? You're not referring to that Peer Schneider misquote, are you? Meelow

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Starfield is definitely my most anticipated game of 2022. On paper, it's the game I've dreamed about ever since playing Mass Effect 1 (my favourite game of all time). I've been waiting for a new AAA Sci-Fi RPG with a rich universe to explore.

The little we've seen--teaser trailers, concept art, and bits of lore--have me excited. Interviews with Todd Howard suggest increased emphasis on Role Playing elements and character customization that was missing in Fallout 4. I can't wait.

Breath of the Wild 2 is next on my list. Absolutely loved the first.

I enjoyed the little I played of God of War 2018, so I'm sure the sequel will be great too.

Overall, it's looking to be a great year for all platforms.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
I'm going to call the ball in the air: Ragnarok does not launch in 2022.

Given that GoW 2018 was delayed and wasn't developed in a pandemic, I fully expect this to slip to Feb-April 2023.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm equally hyped for all three, but I feel like the additional hype for BOTW2 lies in the unknown about it. Will we actually get full fledged dungeons this time instead of the shrines that are all aesthetically identical and bite-size? Will the weapon durability mechanic still be there? I feel like the hype is making people create their own dream world version of this game that may not come to fruition.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
I think Zelda is going to be weird and not really a straightforward sequel, so that would be my first vote. Starfield is probably second, what they are selling is super ambitious and just sound really cool. Bethesda is great at exploration too, so taking it to space will be awesome. GoW I don't have much of an opinion on. I played the first one, it was alright, but I care for it less as time goes on.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Why the hell do people keep thinking Starfield is going to get delayed? Todd gave it a date and said it's already playable from beginning to end.
Since when has a game being in alpha stopped it from being delayed? Most games that get delayed are playable from beginning to end lol

Expecting an AAA videogame developed during a pandemic to get delayed is a pretty safe bet.

Given that GoW 2018 was delayed and wasn't developed in a pandemic, I fully expect this to slip to Feb-April 2023.
GOW 2018 was never publicly delayed. Its only release date was announced in January 2018 and the title released in April.

Ragnarok has already been delayed after initially being announced as a 2021 release.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
curious to see how this poll fares after each game gets a new gameplay reveal

They're all pretty much mysteries outside of the little snippets. Have to assume the hype is just based on the pedigree of the studios at this point.

Richy78

Oct 27, 2017
it's been a while since I've been this excited for a game. I wasn't even excited for the 1st BOTW since skyward sword was such a let down for me!

Frobary

Oct 28, 2017
Fallout 4 reviewed very well and it's the best selling in the series. 76 launched was horrible though.
and
www.vg247.com

Fallout 4 takes game of the year at DICE Awards 2016

Fallout 4, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Ori and the Blind Forest and Rocket League were clear favourites at the 19th annua…

www.techspot.com

Fallout 4 wins Game of the Year at Bafta awards, but indie titles dominate the night

Even though last year brought us a ton of great games, the fight to walk away with the 'Best of 2015' award at industry events is usually...

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Since when has a game being in alpha stopped it from being delayed? Most games that get delayed are playable from beginning to end lol

Expecting an AAA videogame developed during a pandemic to get delayed is a pretty safe bet.
When was the last time Bethesda delayed a game? And Starfield isn't "most" games. Todd Howard stated it's release date more than a year in advance and said that the game was already playable from beginning to end. At this point, I'm going to take Todd at his word rather than random gamer.

TacoSupreme

Jul 26, 2019
I'll play all three eventually, but my anticipation for Starfield is leagues ahead of the others. I didn't enjoy BotW nearly as much as a lot of people, but it pressed more of the buttons I like than God of War.

Bethesda games just fit me like a glove, so a new IP from them is a straight up event in my eyes.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I can't wait for Starfield. The art and concept in a Bethesda RPG sounds so good to me.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
While I'll get all these day one. But only one will see me taking a week off work and likely playing it for hundreds, or even thousands of hours…

Starfield

Soltis

Feb 28, 2019
United States
BotW2 for me.

Starfield looks intriguing, but I'm not seen enough yet to sell me on the game.

Never been a God of War player. Seems like a fun series, just never gotten into it.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm most excited for God of War Ragnarök. GoW 2018 was imo a masterpiece, and this is coming from someone who outright disliked the games of the old GoW series.
If the new game improves upon the already extremely polished first game then there is no reason for me not to adore it.

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I've put down God of War myself.

Wasn't a huge fan of BotW. Thought it was *good* but didn't embrace it quite like many. Felt the world was just too empty and pointless with the same enemies everywhere.

Starfield I'm not confident about. I enjoyed Oblivion/Skyrim/Fallout 3 and even as a big Fallout fan who really enjoyed 3 I recognize they are kinda trash games with in terrible writing and scenarios on gener and contantly streamlining the rpg stuff. More addictive than actually quality titles. Fallout 4 was a huge disappointment for me. More interested in Avowed tbh.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
God of War was once slated for 2021 so I don't see it coming that late, unless there were some major dev issues (covid aside of course)

I see GoW making summer

Either way, Zelda is my most hyped

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018

You would be correct normally, except you should take into account the developer's track account with delays. Bethesda hasn't delayed a game since Oblivion (which was delayed by a few months partly I suspect to let Xbox 360 install base grow), which was 16 years ago. Fallout 3's release window was announced 1.5 years prior too (Fall 2008) and it released in October 2008. There's no reason to think BGS will delay Starfield after announcing a firm release date. Of these 3 games, it's the least likely to get delayed.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
The thought about new Bethesda IP is really exciting, even though Fallout 4 and 76 were disappointment to me after Skyrim and Fallout 3. I'm giving benefit of the doubt to Todd.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
When was the last time Bethesda delayed a game? And Starfield isn't "most" games. Todd Howard stated it's release date more than a year in advance and said that the game was already playable from beginning to end. At this point, I'm going to take Todd at his word rather than random gamer.
Go ahead, no one's telling you not to. People suggesting that a game being developed in a pandemic may be delayed is about as reasonable as you can get.

There's no reason to think BGS will delay Starfield after announcing a firm release date. Of these 3 games, it's the least likely to get delayed.
If you completely disregard the global pandemic, sure

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Pleasantly surprised to see Starfield so high.

It's my choice. Todd's saying the right things, the MS money and extra studios give me hope for the polish and Skyrim is the reason I'm trying to work in the industry in the first place. I had my doubts for a little bit after 76 but seeing how they stuck by it and improved it when similar controversial titles had their support cut off early also shows me that Bethesda are committed to making it a quality game. Also, you don't spend 7.5 billion without checking out the goods first. :)

Other two are no slouches either. God of War is probably second only to Tsushima as my favorite PS exclusive last gen so I'm 100% on board. BOTW itself is one of the few non-Bethesda games that have made me feel the way I felt first playing Skyrim. The joy of venturing forth into the unknown, weapon in hand, fucking shit up and going on weird treks in the distance. I wouldn't shut up about Eventide for a solid week. Masterclass in game design.

Next year is exciting!

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If Starfield follows the Skyrim pattern, it will be the only one of the three titles that will still be played/modded and argued about for decades lol. Plus it will re-release on everything, fridges included.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think all Elder Scroll games I've tried to date have woeful gameplay/combat, and rely on immersion.

So BOTW2 first, then God of War, Starfield last, but still looking forward to what Starfield brings.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
BotW 2 > GoW R > Starfield.

BtoW changed the industry and the way of designing open worlds. If the second part reaches this level it will be another must-have masterpiece. With GoW R I expect more refined mechanics, more weapons and enemies, and especially epic boss battles like GoW 3. I need to see more of Stafierd, but Bethesda has been disappointing me for years.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
I would say BotW2. I'm still really excited about the other two but elden ring looked more familiar than what I would have liked it to look and condensing 2 stories worth of content into one game with GoW:R has me thinking how on earth are they going to: complete freya's arc, introduce and finish thor's, introduce and finish tyr's, if Odin's even going to be in the game to do his arc, introduce and finish (?) Angrboda, and develop kratos/atreus while doing so.

edit: I'm too late right now, somehow read starfield as elden ring. I'm completely neutral on starfield

Last edited:

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Starfield then BoTW 2. But unlikely to get BotW2 unless there's new Nintendo hardware. Playing on Switch is too big of a drop in tech for me.

Bait02

Jan 5, 2019
BotW 2 (true hype) >>> Starfield (a lot of potential but idk what to expect honestly) >>> Ragnarok (GoW2018 was ok for me but not one of my favourite games of the past few years)

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, Starfield is a true next gen game so I'm anticipating some advancements in interaction and immersion (Todd mentioned how crucial new SSDs will be for their engine). Not expecting advancements with the other games, just adds to the hype.

sanityislost

Oct 21, 2021
GoWR for me but I also can't wait for the BoTW2 and Starfield. Would prefer them to be a bit spread out more but I'm sure I'll manage.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017

You may have a point. On the other hand, most Bethesda games should have been delayed when you consider the lack of polish and bugs. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't delay it, but doesn't mean it shouldn't be.