• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which game are you most excited for?

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2

Votes: 763 37.8%
  • Starfield

Votes: 643 31.9%
  • God of War Ragnarok

Votes: 610 30.3%

• Total voters

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only Starfield will release in november 2022 imo.

God of War i can totally see in q.3 2022 and botW2 will be planned for q4.2022 but will delay until Q1. 2023.

Gho5tstar

Jan 16, 2021
VA
Starfield easily for me..other two games, we kinda know what we are getting with those two being sequals.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
I still never beat BotW for a variety of reasons. Really didn't like the climbing/stamina system or lack of direction, as I kept just getting stuck shortly after leaving the Plateau. Never even found any armor or anything, I just died every 20 minutes either from trying to climb a cliff and falling, or enemies (couldn't even kill basic moblins without dying over and over and over and over). Just had a series of extremely frustrating play sessions that really put me off. I hope to give it one final try before the sequel but eh...

God of War is the one I'm most certain I'll enjoy. I like the first one a lot, even if I find it a bit overrated (not even in my top 10 for the PS4). The sequel promises to be more of the same with some refinement, so I'll at least really enjoy it.

I voted Starfield in the end, even though there's a good chance it'll end up disappointing to me and we've seen nothing of it. Fallout 4 was my biggest disappointment of last gen, so I'm not super confident in BGS at the moment. But nobody makes actual Role-Playing Games like they do, and it's been over 10 years since the last game that adequately satisfied that itch (Skyrim). I'm getting tired of replaying Skyrim and New Vegas over and over, so I'm really hoping for Starfield to be a return to form for the studio.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
If this does come to fruition, we're all in for an embarrassment of riches. Might have to book off multiple weeks to play each game.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I voted Starfield in the end, even though there's a good chance it'll end up disappointing to me and we've seen nothing of it. Fallout 4 was my biggest disappointment of last gen, so I'm not super confident in BGS at the moment.

trust THE TODD, FO4 was a big disappointment for me as well, but Starfield is a new beginning and a new IP, Todd is going to deliver

Oct 30, 2017
BotW2>>>>>>>Starfield>Ragnarok

If GoW has actual boss battles instead of the same re-skinned troll and bullshit QTE filled battles then

Starfield = Ragnarok

GoW 2018 was so disappointing in that sense. Nothing in that main game compared to Poseidon or Hades.
Lack of boss battles plagued the first God of War in 2005, too.

I'm thinking now they are much more comfortable with the existing formula, they'll have much more time to push the boundaries with crazier set pieces and bosses.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
People expect GoW to release in November?

When was the last time Sony released one of their flagship titles at the end of the year to compete with all the big third parties releasing on PS consoles anyways.

May 31, 2021
Botw2 just edges it for me.

I am really excited about starfield, but I expect to ultimately be a bit disappointed. I was really excited about fallout 4 but ultimately didn't finish it as I found the experience shallow, same goes for skyrim.

I'm sure I will like God of War, but I haven't played the PS4 game yet! I have all the prior games on ps3 and would like to complete them in order.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
All three will be 2023

BotW2 tho
Nah, when Bethesda gives a date, it usually sticks because they are late in the development cycle.

OT: This one is hard for me because I'm getting them all and they will be very different games. I'm excited for the all equally, but give a slight edge to Starfield because it's a new IP.

Last edited:

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
God of War is not dropping in Nov, I can't recall the last major PS exclusive that launched in such a typically packed month (minus launch titles). They usually release their titles prior to the last 3 months of the year.

Jasonofindy

Oct 27, 2017
Starfield and BOTW2 are neck and neck for me. Bethesda's single player RPGs are the best in the business and no one else makes games like them. Add in how long it has been since Fallout 4, and I'm definitely ready for the next one. BoTW 2 is the sequel to the best Zelda game in decades. All things being equal, I'd probably be slightly more excited about BOTW 2, but having to play it on Nintendo's hardware deflates the enjoyment a bit. So it is Starfield by a nose for me. I'll pick up God of War when I finally pick up a PS5 (hopefully after a redesign).

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Wouldn't be surprised if all 3 fall into 2023.

BOTW is the one I am most excited for, then GOW and then Starfield.

RaySpace

Banned
May 9, 2021
To the folks saying 2023 for Ragnarok and Starfield... what are y'all smoking?

GOW:R will probably be the first to hit the store shelves, hell, probably even sometime midway through 2022. Then Starfield will come out, without delays, as the title has already been pushed back for an entire year due to the pandemic, as it was initially shooting for 2021 (one of the reasons why PlayStation was pushing for a timed exclusivity deal for the title last spring/summer, before the Zenimax acquisition).

The only one I'm feeling iffy about is BOTW2, because Nintendo is Nintendo and also in part because of the Switch Pro wild card (which we don't know when will it come out due to the chips shortage crisis).

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that poll is really close, I think I'm currently more excited for Starfield. Purely because we know the least about it and have barely seen a glimpse of the game, but BotW 2 and Ragnarok I expect at bare minimum to be amazing games so it's more of an agonising wait to play them.

Ultra

Oct 30, 2017
Probably BOTW2. A direct sequel to the game that's considered by many to be the game of the last generation? Plug it straight into my veins.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Every GOW game has released in March except the last one which was April. I don't see Sony pushing GOW in Nov

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Both BOTW 2 and Ragnarok are sequels to 2 of the greatest games of all time and easily the best games of the last 5 years.

Its very hard to pick between them, but Zelda just has so much potential. If they take the BOTW formula and add actual dungeons, better more Zelda like items, and a few other minor adjustments it might just even beat BOTW out and become the new best game of the last 10 years (or even the GOAT)

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
GoW is my most anticipated game at this moment. The other two aren't even close. It's one of my favorite franchises of all time.

Will probably play Zelda day 1 as well because my wife will buy it anyway.

I am excited about Starfield but I will wait how they will expand that game with DLC and I hope for a GOTY Edition. Like every Bethesda release before this most likely will be a bug fest at release. So I get a better and more complete experience later for less money. Was so worth it with Skyrim and Fallout 4 and I am trying to repeat it here.

MasonADC

Sep 28, 2018
Botw, then starfield closely afterwords. I'll play GOW if it's free one day, I'm not spending money on that

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Lack of boss battles plagued the first God of War in 2005, too.

I'm thinking now they are much more comfortable with the existing formula, they'll have much more time to push the boundaries with crazier set pieces and bosses.
That's what I'm looking forward to the most hopefully. I'm still not a fan of the over the shoulder perspective for it but I thought 2018 was pretty good overall. Just need a bit more. Im confident that SSM have it in them.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Hard choice between Starfield and BotW 2, but I went with Starfield. A big new IP from an accomplished developer like Bethesda is pretty exciting. I also really like the Elder Scrolls/Fallout open world formula, so I expect I will be pretty happy with the game. That said that formula has been surpassed by other developers so hopefully they tried some new things with Starfield.

And Zelda, what can I say? It's my favorite video game IP of all-time and Breath of the Wild is my favorite entry in the series (edging out Majora's Mask). I will likely enjoy playing it more than Starfield, but getting an open world scifi RPG is such a rare treat I had to vote for it.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GOWR easily. Zero interest in Starfield and I don't think Zelda is hitting this year.

bob1001

▲ Legend ▲
May 7, 2020
BotW2 > GoW > Starfield probably. Fallout 4 was super dissapointing to me (I've actually tried to replay it recently and couldn't) so I'm trying not to get too hyped for Starfield before we get more details.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
I think Ragnarok will be out earlier than that. September at the latest, possibly June.

Sony doesn't really release first party games past September. Occasionally something in October. If not out by September, then I doubt it's going to make 2022. They coast on third party games sales in the late Fall/Early Winter months.

I voted BoTW 2 because the Zelda fan in me won't let me vote for the others. Plan to be there day one for all three though!

RavenK92

Nov 3, 2020
We haven't seen anything from Starfield, so I have no hype for that. I'm playing BotW1 now and that's fun enough, so I'll pick up BotW2 when it comes out. God of War was insane though so of these three options I'm most hyped for Ragnarok and it's not even close

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
All 3 I'm very very curious about. Breath of the Wild 2 has been in development for a long time, even considering Covid slowing things down. I think it's very likely that it'll be a bigger and more inventive game than we're expecting.

God of War Ragnarok is telling a story that I'm much more interested in on paper than the original, but I am a bit concerned that the game won't offer enough new to really entice me, but I have faith in Santa Monica.

Starfield sounds absolutely awesome, but I have to keep in mind it's been a decade since I've loved a BGS game. I am still excited for it, but it's the one I'm most cautious for

Adathir

Oct 25, 2017
God of War without a doubt. I don't have as much faith in Bethesda these days and BotW was hit or miss with me.

TheBlade

Banned
Aug 14, 2020
Love the 33% split on this one. BotW2 for me. Interested in Starfield a lot not at all interested in God Of War

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Wow close vote!

BOTW2 for me, without a doubt. The first game is one of my favourites ever so I hope we get a lot of new areas to explore.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Thats one even poll lol

Starfield most excited. Something new
God of War second. First one was amazing. But the game isnt something new for me. So second place. Still day one.
Breath of the Wild i never will play i think. Unless it comes to PS or Xbox haha