• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2785

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well now I'm convinced.

Here are the classifications. If you don't agree feel free to scream into the void.

HZj09I6.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2018

Deleted member 49804

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Well now I'm convinced.

Here are the classifications. If you don't agree feel free to scream into the void.

HZj09I6.jpg
The NPD does track the Nvidia Shield?
Now i desperately want some numbers.
Also how bad did the Playstation TV really do?

Is this guy so popular that his opinion warrants an article?
Ex Overwatch League Pro and the biggest Overwatch Streamer.
Most famous for his rage attitude, tho.

Jun 17, 2018
The NPD does track the Nvidia Shield?
Now i desperately want some numbers.
Also how bad did the Playstation TV really do?

Ex Overwatch League Pro and the biggest Overwatch Streamer.
Most famous for his rage attitude, tho.
So I take it hardware reviews aren't his forte? "It's a fucking Gameboy"? Yeah, super professional.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Yeah it is rather puzzling.

Not only that, but (anecdotally) the stores I have been to do not seem to have big stocks of PS4s either.
It's almost like Sony looked at their numbers, saw they were hitting their FY forecast regardless, and decided "You know what, we're good on volume here. Let's focus on profit now."
When the aim nowadays seem to be user base to get those precious MAU... it's sort of weird.

Yeah, this would be a great holiday season to try and expand the userbase with the line-up its had all year. Seems like they are missing a nice opportunity here.

Right, so if you're not going to sell a lot even with a small cut, just keep the price as usual and get more revenue.

I think the $50 cut would have had a greater effect this year compared to last for a few reasons (line-up, no competing new hardware launches, etc.). But with $299 being the best price so late into the generation, the PS4 might be down from December last year

PS4 did over a million last December (around 1.08 million).

Ok then, I thought it did about 960k

Deleted member 2785

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's tiring how the leading voices are just those that shout the loudest. Sports, video games, politics... it's all just volume and snark. Ugh.

Nintendo 8 Bit and Nintendo 16 Bit? I get the meaning behind that, but why not classify those two by their actual names?

I'd have to get out my time machine and travel back to 1998 in order to ask. And I seem to have misplaced it.

Last edited:

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo 8 Bit and Nintendo 16 Bit? I get the meaning behind that, but why not classify those two by their actual names?
I'd have to get out my time machine and travel back to 1998 in order to ask. And I seem to have misplaced it.

My hunch would be way back when when Mat's predecessor started tracking the NES, it was tracked as Nintendo (see also, Atari, instead of the varieties) because that's what they were commonly called*. When the Super Nintendo came out, rather than use the Super adjective, just updated the spreadsheet and 8 and 16bit to differentiate.

Stats is a science, but you have a lot of flexibility in how you are going to track things and what you're going to call them.

* A second guess if I would be allowed one is that if this was tracked in any early computer system, column length mattered so having Nintendo Entertainment System in a spreadsheet back in 85 would have been more costly than just Nintendo.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NPD report is out; I don't have the numbers, but ranking-wise:

Switch is the top selling console
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, if combined, is the top selling game, followed by RDR2 and COD.

If you don't have the numbers how do you know that Pokémon combined is the top game?

neroxyr

Nov 14, 2018
Most of us never expected switch to be number 1. If so great news . An pokemon fever doing wonders

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the Switch were to be #1 that's not surprising. I'm more surprised with Pokémon combined beating out the others.