• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
In my own neck of the woods, two weeks after opening our weekly numbers doubled. Nowhere to go but up here in Illinois, baby!

TpDVojO.png

The last couple of days they've been updating last weeks numbers, but I'd hope by Wednesday they are done and have all the data for the previous week.
What part of illinois?

Oct 27, 2017
Got my test back today from CVS that I took 7 days ago. Not Detected!!!

I'm so happy, yet so confused I rarely in my 39 year life get sick yet I've had a bad ass cough and sore throat for a week now. Just seemed too coincidental so I'm glad I got tested anyway.

Stay home still, for a minimum of another week and until you feel better for a few days. You may very well just have a bad cold but the COVID tests are far from perfect for finding positives.

Also if you feel like you're deteriorating, talk to a doctor.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
also wow at Israel, they dropped the ball

edition.cnn.com

Israel had coronavirus firmly in its grasp, only to see it slip away | CNN

Israel's first wave of coronavirus was a success story, but its health officials say a second wave appears to be on track for a very different ending.
Yeah, the government here dropped the ball completely, and it's going to get much much worse - All the good will has already been burned with the first lockdown, so people here have now gone full pandemic-denial. If they announce a second lock down, we're going to have large scale protests (this, of course, has a lot to do with the government non-existent economic plan for the crisis.)

On the plus side, Bibi went from 73% approval on his handeling of the crisis to a majority disapproving - And the numbers are continuing to drop. Not much of a consolation when my mom is in a risk group though.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
Increase in delirium, rare brain inflammation and stroke linked to COVID-19
medicalxpress.com

Increase in delirium, rare brain inflammation and stroke linked to COVID-19

Neurological complications of Covid-19 can include delirium, brain inflammation, stroke and nerve damage, finds a new UCL and UCLH-led study.
Some patients in the study did not experience severe respiratory symptoms, and the neurological disorder was the first and main presentation of Covid-19.
"We should be vigilant and look out for these complications in people who have had Covid-19. Whether we will see an epidemic on a large scale of brain damage linked to the pandemic—perhaps similar to the encephalitis lethargica outbreak in the 1920s and 1930s after the 1918 influenza pandemic—remains to be seen."
In some patients, the researchers found evidence that the brain inflammation was likely caused by an immune response to the disease, suggesting that some neurological complications of Covid-19 might come from the immune response rather than the virus itself.
"Doctors needs to be aware of possible neurological effects, as early diagnosis can improve patient outcomes. People recovering from the virus should seek professional health advice if they experience neurological symptoms," he added.

Frankfurter

Oct 27, 2017
Some news from Germany:
- 2,931 positive tests last week (CW27), second lowest. CW 24 was the lowest, right before the quite major outbreak in CW25 in a meat producing plant in North Rhine-Westphalia, among others). As a comparison, the highest ever was ~37k in CW14.
- 494,146 tests last week, most ever
- 0.6% positivity rate last week, lowest ever. As a comparison, the highest ever was 9.0% in CW14.
- Estimated capacity for tests up slightly to almost 1.2 million per week
- "Average" test positivity rate (i.e. all positive tests vs. all tests) is down to ~3.6%
- R0-7 days pretty stable in the past ~two weeks, ~0.8 on average

See also the daily report (English): https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ...chte/2020-07-08-en.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

Or the bigger daily report (German): https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ...chte/2020-07-08-de.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

No reason to think everything is fine, but I feel like the major outbreak(s) in CW25 did not do all that much lasting damage. Average daily deaths are also still trending downwards ever so slightly (approx. ~8 per day on average right now).

Wolfapo

Dec 27, 2017
Some news from Germany:
- 2,931 positive tests last week (CW27), second lowest. CW 24 was the lowest, right before the quite major outbreak in CW25 in a meat producing plant in North Rhine-Westphalia, among others). As a comparison, the highest ever was ~37k in CW14.
- 494,146 tests last week, most ever
- 0.6% positivity rate last week, lowest ever. As a comparison, the highest ever was 9.0% in CW14.
- Estimated capacity for tests up slightly to almost 1.2 million per week
- "Average" test positivity rate (i.e. all positive tests vs. all tests) is down to ~3.6%
- R0-7 days pretty stable in the past ~two weeks, ~0.8 on average

See also the daily report (English): https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ...chte/2020-07-08-en.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

Or the bigger daily report (German): https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ...chte/2020-07-08-de.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

No reason to think everything is fine, but I feel like the major outbreak(s) in CW25 did not do all that much lasting damage. Average daily deaths are also still trending downwards ever so slightly (approx. ~8 per day on average right now).
I think the actions taken actually helped slowing down the spread and this is probably how it will be handled from now on if we see rising numbers in a region.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
still useless if there are no fines

Fines are always tricky. They are almost always flat fines instead of percentages of income/wealth which means they always have significantly more impact on the poor than the rich. And they are typically enforced at a much higher rate on minorities than white people.

So asking for fines in reality is asking for rich white people to get a slap on the wrist for not following the rules while potentially making others unable to put food on the table because of the fines.

And that's just assuming that they are only going after people who are legitimately breaking the rules. That says nothing to racist cops seeing a minority and claiming that they had their mask improperly on and charging them with violating the order to slap them with a fine just for the power trip.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't it also just mean that the hospital capacity is higher so they can't reach other patients since theyre dealing with coronavirus

While it could be, there has been a string of evidence for the past several months that COVID-19 is causing blood cell damage creating blood clots which is why the cardiac arrest info is particular notable. its why there has been an increaasing motion by some medical professional to start treating it as a cardiovascular disease rather then a respiratory one even if the primary symptom and death is how it creates complications in the lungs. It sucks but its why we really need to start looking at all deaths vs the average year to year to get a better grip on how this panedemic is gripping communities. The same stuff started happening In New York at its peak if i remember correctly, lots of people simply never making it to the hospital and thus never got tested.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
NJ Daily Numbers:

+335 new cases (174039 total)
+53 deaths (13476 total)

Positivity and Rate of transmission both ticked up a little, which seems to be the main impetus behind the mask mandate
Eca5N74XYAA82Rz

Eca5OdmWoAAtGLN

Hospital data still looks great. If you look at the 71 hospitals included in the data, on average 2 people are on a ventilator and 3 people are in the ICU per hospital.
Eca5Wz9XQAAO5pW

Eca5XSbWAAEZQSe

Eca5XvZWoAIzwlU

Eca5di0XQAEEIN2

Oct 25, 2017
I got myself tested yesterday after days of having a sore throat and coughing...

I just hope that if I do end up positive in two days, the damage to my lungs isn't permanent.. It's never been like this where I get a dry cough like this at summer time.

It's also shocking considering I took practically every single precaution.. I didn't meet with any of my friends, I didn't go out to eat or anything.

The only place I could have been infected while even wearing a mask is the supermarket or my workplace.

Apr 27, 2020
The school I got accepted into in GA (Dekalb) is having mandatory orientation the 2nd week of August for new students

Yeah idk how any of this is gonna work when only faculty is allowed on campus and all the classes are currently online only.

Classes begin in on Aug 17th

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
I got myself tested yesterday after days of having a sore throat and coughing...

I just hope that if I do end up positive in two days, the damage to my lungs isn't permanent.. It's never been like this where I get a dry cough like this at summer time.

It's also shocking considering I took practically every single precaution.. I didn't meet with any of my friends, I didn't go out to eat or anything.

The only place I could have been infected while even wearing a mask is the supermarket or my workplace.
How many hours are you at work? Supermarket seems doubtful if just in and out.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017

Uh..
Ohio's highest number was 1,380 cases on one day in April at the height of the virus.
This..isn't good.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Chile Update July 8th

+ 2.064 new positives, 303.083 total, 338.988 counting probable cases
+ 139 new deaths,
  • 6.573 total by government numbers
  • 7.527 by Health Statistics Department numbers
  • 10.629 with probable cases
- 34,4 mortality per 100.000 inhabitantes, 55.6 counting probable cases

+ 10.646 reported tests, 1.220.790 total

- 19,7% daily positivity, 24,8% total positivity

Today it was announced that 2 regions of the south will start to reopen. Movie Theatres, Restaurants, will be able to operate with a 25% capacity.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Italy's update:
+193 new positive cases (total 242149)
+15 new deaths (total 34914)
+825 new recoveries (total 193640)

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Massachusetts is trying to get ahead of this thing by testing communities with high positive rates. They're asking for everyone to get tested. While they're pushing for these communities to get tested, it's open for everyone.

Stop the Spread

The Commonwealth is launching a strategic testing program in communities across Massachusetts that have continued to see a higher number of residents testing positive for COVID-19.
This program will support the testing of asymptomatic individuals in these communities to help stop the spread of COVID-19.

If you are a resident of one of these communities, even if you have no COVID symptoms, please get tested to help stop the spread.

The Commonwealth urges residents of these communities to get tested for COVID-19:

Chelsea, Everett, Fall River, Lawrence, Lowell, Lynn, Marlborough, and New Bedford
This testing will be provided at no cost to you.

BuckRogers

Apr 5, 2018
Massachusetts is trying to get ahead of this thing by testing communities with high positive rates. They're asking for everyone to get tested. While they're pushing for these communities to get tested, it's open for everyone.

Stop the Spread

The Commonwealth is launching a strategic testing program in communities across Massachusetts that have continued to see a higher number of residents testing positive for COVID-19.
This program will support the testing of asymptomatic individuals in these communities to help stop the spread of COVID-19.

If you are a resident of one of these communities, even if you have no COVID symptoms, please get tested to help stop the spread.

The Commonwealth urges residents of these communities to get tested for COVID-19:

Chelsea, Everett, Fall River, Lawrence, Lowell, Lynn, Marlborough, and New Bedford
This testing will be provided at no cost to you.

This seems like a really good idea, because they've said they have the capacity for 25K tests a day, but only 6-10K a day actually get tested, and these areas have higher positive percentages than most of MA. Basically, they have the capacity, put it to use where needed.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh... On the same day the NJ Governor announces everyone must wear masks indoors he also expands "Outdoor Dining" to include areas with two open walls so now my family's restaurant can seat like 400 more people and I am not happy about this. Why couldn't it just stay closed. =_=

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
So by my own record keeping, after 3 days, this week is trending towards most weekly US deaths since week of June 8.

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In my own neck of the woods, two weeks after opening our weekly numbers doubled. Nowhere to go but up here in Illinois, baby!

TpDVojO.png

The last couple of days they've been updating last weeks numbers, but I'd hope by Wednesday they are done and have all the data for the previous week.
we had 980 new cases statewide =\

bars, indoor dining, gyms, anything inside needs to be closed indefinitely.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She has always been a bunker baby koolaid drinker from day 1. Why do you think she's pretending that it has nothing to do with reopening. She always tows the White House narrative

She is terrible, adds nothing of scientific value and just holds water for Trump. There's a reason she gets paraded around every press conference and Fauci gets to appear once a month.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
Almost 62k new cases today (record) and almost 900 deaths. With the way states are tending by the end of week we should be over 1k deaths and hitting 70k daily cases

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm having some allergy nasal drip and getting a cough due to irritation but now I'm getting paranoid, haha.

Johnny956

Oct 25, 2017
Almost 62k new cases today (record) and almost 900 deaths. With the way states are tending by the end of week we should be over 1k deaths and hitting 70k daily cases

Deaths will definitely keep increasing. Cases I'm more concerned with testing capacity at this point. It does sound like the feds are at least opening some testing centers

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
Deaths will definitely keep increasing. Cases I'm more concerned with testing capacity at this point. It does sound like the feds are at least opening some testing centers
We definitely have a massive issue with testing capacity. Arizona is around 30% positive and many counties in Texas and in other states are at or near that. News stories all over the country showing long lines, running out etc. Its only going to get worst at this point because not only is it widespread across the entire country we are developing New York situations across the entire south

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
If I end up getting this and don't die from it I'm gonna see a cardiologist shortly after to make sure I didn't develop any clots in my arteries. That shit terrifies me.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
im getting my normal summertime slight sore throat in the morning and every morning its like 'okay, you're gonna go away once some of this phlegm dislodges, right?'

Is it allergies or is it COVID?! Had a great time playing that game every day mid March-April living in NY. Happens a lot less now but when 1,000 people were dying a day anything that felt off in my throat, head, sinus area sent a 5 alarm fire through my nervous system, happened almost every day, it was awful.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it allergies or is it COVID?! Had a great time playing that game every day mid March-April living in NY. Happens a lot less now but when 1,000 people were dying a day anything that felt off in my throat, head, sinus area sent a 5 alarm fire through my nervous system, happened almost every day, it was awful.

I had cancer like 17 years ago and early in the follow up every time I got a cough it was like Ooh is this metastasis to my lungs (where my cancer would go to) or just a fucking cold???