• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
What kind of restrictions is France currently under? Those numbers are clearly staying low.

Haven't heard anything out of Germany in awhile and they loosened up awhile ago if I recall. Seems like no widespread spikes from opening things?

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey considering mandatory masks to include outdoors as well now. It's just a matter of if it can be enforced effectively, which is what they are looking at right now.

Gov. Phil Murphy said Monday the state is considering mandating that residents wear masks in outdoor public spaces, not just indoor ones, as the virus' rate of transmission has surpassed the key mark of 1 in New Jersey for the first time in 10 weeks.

"We're constantly assessing and reassessing the variety of the advisories and recommendations that we have out there," Murphy said during his latest coronavirus briefing in Trenton. "We're looking at outside masking as we speak."

"The virus is a lot less lethal outdoors, but that does not mean it is not lethal," he added. "It does not mean that you can't still spread it."

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020...-face-mask-outdoors-to-fight-coronavirus.html

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Evidence that WI schools will be open this fall. Yikes

I never expected otherwise.
the GOP made it very clear a few months ago whether they care about lives or profits, and that they are willing to fast track lawsuits to stop any orders to keep people safe.

It's better to send the supplies now and hope you can keep schools closed when things are bad, rather than hold off on sending supplies until you are sure schools are open.

also at least dane county has put in a mask order https://www.channel3000.com/dane-county-issues-mandatory-face-mask-order-starting-monday/

though monday is still quite a few days away from right now, more than enough time for lawsuits to ruin the order :/

People aren't wearing masks. People on the right act like it was never something to worry about, and a lot on the left are either acting like it's over or that getting it is inevitable and they'll be fine.

Yup. Most of the US seems to have gone "Oh, the weather is nice outside, pandemic over." and tried to go back to normal right after the shelter in place orders were up.

I live in an extremely blue area (over 90% voted dem in the last election) and mask usage is fairly low at this point. it's why I was happy to see the order as in the last two weeks our 7 day rolling has increased by 500%

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Chile Update July 7th

+ 2.462 new positives, 301.019 total, 336.153 counting probable cases
+ 50 new deaths,
  • 6.434 total by government numbers
  • 7.377 total by Health Statistics Department
  • 10.490 with probable, reported to WHO
33,8 mortality per 100.00 inhabitants, 54,9 counting probable deaths.

+ 12.065 reported tests, 1.210.326 total. 20,4% daily positivity, 24,9% total positivity.

Positivity trend:

Positivity is still better than a couple of weeks ago. Main criticism by scientific community now it's with how the traceability is being handled. Not many numbers to look at and just a few days ago (after four months) a plan was created. A good traceability strategy could bring down the numbers and help keeping them there.

On related news: A couple of weeks ago, a bill was passed by congress to prohibit the denial of basic services (water, electricity, etc) due to debt during the pandemic. Today, government has announced that the President will veto the initiative since it's against the constitution for the State to get involved in private's decisions. President pledged a while ago to get into an agreement with private companies.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Saw one lady out of everyone at the store today not wearing a mask, even though it's required here. She was with a tough looking guy (who was wearing a mask) so I didn't say anything, but I was damn tempted to.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017

Can't wait for all the people in Cuyahoga County to go apeshit.
For reference in Ohio, we've been averaging 800+ new cases per day the last week.

I get the feeling Huron, Trumbull and Butler are going to be the worst behaved of the bunch. And the situation must be horrible in Norwalk for Huron to be included on a list with almost all the major cities, while somehow Toledo/Lucas County isn't on there.

madame x

May 15, 2020
Does anybody have any experience with their SO not being as cautious?

my bf and I don't live together and I don't feel comfortable hanging out with him on thurs if he hung out with his friends last week (in their house no masks but6 ft apart) and plans to drive in a car with another friend to Palm Springs which is a 2 hr drive.

I feel like he thinks the fact that he feels safe is enough but I don't feel comfortable.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Is Spain slowly getting worse? The numbers are creeping up.
Pretty much all around Europe numbers are creeping up. Especially in the Balkans.

Slovenian government already said that couples should not plan any weddings for August.

Serbia will enforce curfew during the weekend, from Friday till Sunday.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Italy's update:
+138 new positive cases (total 241956)
+30 new deaths (total 34899)
+574 new recoveries (total 192815)

ChrisBliss117

Oct 28, 2017
Does anybody have any experience with their SO not being as cautious?

my bf and I don't live together and I don't feel comfortable hanging out with him on thurs if he hung out with his friends last week (in their house no masks but6 ft apart) and plans to drive in a car with another friend to Palm Springs which is a 2 hr drive.

I feel like he thinks the fact that he feels safe is enough but I don't feel comfortable.
Yes. I'm still trying to convince my wife that going to KC for our anniversary is a bad idea. I've had to remind her to wear a mask more as well. Just be honest and do what you think is best for you.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Finland is still pretty good despite sports events going on, restaurants opening, etc.

5 new cases today, 1 patient in ICU and 20 in hospital overall (in whole country).

I will be returning to office in late August, will WFH until then.

Accident

Oct 28, 2017
Record number of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths in Texas.

Cases: 210,585 (+10,028)
Hospitalizations: 9,286 (+588)
Deaths: 2,715 (+60)

NunezL

Jun 17, 2020
US is having its highest number of deaths in nearly a month.
+941 deaths today so far on worldometer.

Last time it was that high is June 10th

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Record number of cases, hospitalizations, and deaths in Texas.

Cases: 210,585 (+10,028)
Hospitalizations: 9,286 (+588)
Deaths: 2,715 (+60)

The trifecta!!!

Be interesting what tomorrow looks like, given the holiday weekend, was today a one day catchup or are we on the way up? (Talking about deaths) Time will tell

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Butler will throw a fit. Place is classic Trump exurbs.

It's gonna be Hamilton County too. CPD and the HamCo Sheriff (unconfirmed, my bad, but the Butler sheriff did refuse) is refusing to get involved and a bar in Delhi posted this.

9bdu3RJ.jpg

Delhi was one of the earliest hotspots in Cincinnati.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017

Scientists warned on Wednesday of a potential wave of coronavirus-related brain damage as new evidence suggested COVID-19 can lead to severe neurological complications, including inflammation, psychosis and delirium.

Like we need anything else to worry about

Midee

Oct 27, 2017
CA, USA
Fucking yikes.

toronto.ctvnews.ca

Protesters ride TTC without masks to call for an end to mandatory face coverings in Toronto

The use of face coverings in indoor, publicly accessible settings became mandatory in the City of Toronto on Tuesday, and most of the GTA is moving in the same direction this week.

image.jpg
I just... they actually took the time to make signs and shirts. That poor kid. Their vacant expressions.

When you have people like these death cult motherfuckers running around, actively threatening people's lives, it's hard to hold back the anger.

LilZippa

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa
Fucking yikes.

toronto.ctvnews.ca

Protesters ride TTC without masks to call for an end to mandatory face coverings in Toronto

The use of face coverings in indoor, publicly accessible settings became mandatory in the City of Toronto on Tuesday, and most of the GTA is moving in the same direction this week.

image.jpg
Anti mask and wants to instead get right up in transmission zone for the cuddles. Anti-intellectualism will continue to kill so many people.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
So my cousin who lives in Orange County (CA) was with his Aunt and uncle for a weekend while they were both positive with symptoms. His family didn't learn this until he had been back home for a few days. His dad told me the only test they could get was in Chula Vista (hour and a half drive from Irvine) 10 DAYS from now on the 17th, and results may take another 10 days? He has Kaiser, is testing really that fucked?

Oct 25, 2017
So my cousin who lives in Orange County (CA) was with his Aunt and uncle for a weekend while they were both positive with symptoms. His family didn't learn this until he had been back home for a few days. His dad told me the only test they could get was in Chula Vista (hour and a half drive from Irvine) 10 DAYS from now on the 17th, and results may take another 10 days? He has Kaiser, is testing really that fucked?

I thought I read Kaiser's been running low on testing supplies. I would try for a municipal/county testing site

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like the anecdotal evidence is growing that we're hitting acute testing shortages in the US again. Or at least an acute misdistribution of tests. This may cap the numbers in the breakout states. The fuckery never ends.

MLB_Animator

Lead Animator, MLB The Show
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Try CVS, maybe? They seem to have a lot of free testing sites around Southern California. If he has Kaiser, it may not be free at the site, but I believe you can file a claim with Kaiser, and they will pay you back. I have no personal experience with this, sorry, but that is what I read on their site.

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I read Kaiser's been running low on testing supplies. I would try for a municipal/county testing site
Try CVS, maybe? They seem to have a lot of free testing sites around Southern California. If he has Kaiser, it may not be free at the site, but I believe you can file a claim with Kaiser, and they will pay you back. I have no personal experience with this, sorry, but that is what I read on their site.

Thanks I'll pass those tips along.