• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Bulletin for the
French situation for the 24/06:

R0 : all territories 0.92 (based on ER tracking) , Paris is 0.77
4.93 positive PCR per 100.000 people , Paris is 6.1
positive rate for PCR: 1.53% , Paris is 1.32%
13.6% of ICU beds occupied by covid patients (rated against before covid ICU capacities) , Paris is 29.7%

161348 confirmed cases + 81 in 24H
hospital:
9299 hospitalized -192 in 24 H (97 entries)
658 in intensive care -24 in 24 H (8 entries)
19243 dead + 11 in 24 H

Care homes:
37995 cases
10488 dead

Total 29731 deaths +11 in 24H
covidcare_hosp06242gk9v.png

Hospital graphs
covid06240uj73.png

ICU entries:
icu0624r3kf7.png

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

The only thing when looking at this, in my sarcastic mind (as a coping mechanism during all this...), is "we almost beat our 'best'!!" This is so sad to see and the way stupid people were acted not surprised in the LEAST bit. I mean, c'mon, Arizona is now running out of ICU beds and here's a no-mask rally being held -_-

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Are we able to tell if the protests caused spikes yet? It's hard to tell because around the same time states started fully opening.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Are we able to tell if the protests caused spikes yet? It's hard to tell because around the same time states started fully opening.
Evidence seems to be likely not. Massachusetts announced they tested 17,000 people from the protests and they were just 2.5% positive which is barely above their normal testing percent. NYC is still going downward and had some protest tests too I believe which came back pretty similarly.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Evidence seems to be likely not. Massachusetts announced they tested 17,000 people from the protests and they were just 2.5% positive which is barely above their normal testing percent. NYC is still going downward and had some protest tests too I believe which came back pretty similarly.

Minneapolis had found a 1% positive rate for 8,000 people, as well. Glad folk are getting tested after protesting.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Earlier today I saw that a college bar in Michigan got linked to 14 cases of coronavirus due to the weekend. As of tonight, that number is up to 34.

www.lansingstatejournal.com

UPDATE: At least 34 COVID-19 cases linked to Harper's Restaurant; patrons asked to self-quarantine

Ingham County Health officials are asking people who went to Harper's between June 12 and 20 to quarantine for two weeks from the date of their visit.

From a few weeks ago:

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Earlier today I saw that a college bar in Michigan got linked to 14 cases of coronavirus due to the weekend. As of tonight, that number is up to 34.

www.lansingstatejournal.com

UPDATE: At least 34 COVID-19 cases linked to Harper's Restaurant; patrons asked to self-quarantine

Ingham County Health officials are asking people who went to Harper's between June 12 and 20 to quarantine for two weeks from the date of their visit.

To be more specific, its a college bar in EAST LANSING, home to MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY.

Just want everyone to be aware!!*

*I am not in any way making this post because I am a graduate of the University of Michigan

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
And still growing rapdily. The US and Brazil are set to make up a huge percentage of WW cases and deaths. Goes to show how important the people running your country are in times of a crisis.

I'm so useless on country stats and had no idea Brazil had such a high population. Was thinking, shit, they are running as fast as they can at herd immunity but they are.... a long ways off. It's so ugly

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017

That's a bad rise these last 2 weeks. Also again why I don't think the protests contributed too much to the rise. NYC was a protest hotspot since the beginning just about a month ago, but is still having a decent recovery and has not experienced the rise you see in the rest of the country.

just imagine how bad that line is if you took out the northeast instead of just NY. Take out CT, MA, NY, NJ, PA who all have things under control, and that rest of the US graph looks even worse

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Horrible to see new records being set in countries like USA and Brazil when most of the world sees the first wave pretty much done. Incompetence is being paid by tens of thousands of innocents, dying to a disease that could have been contained a lot better.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Horrible to see new records being set in countries like USA and Brazil when most of the world sees the first wave pretty much done. Incompetence is being paid by tens of thousands of innocents, dying to a disease that could have been contained a lot better.
Most of the world doesn't have it under control though. It is why the world is seeing record after record as well. Two of the who regions have it under control. The others all don't.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

That's a bad rise these last 2 weeks. Also again why I don't think the protests contributed too much to the rise. NYC was a protest hotspot since the beginning just about a month ago, but is still having a decent recovery and has not experienced the rise you see in the rest of the country.

Some NYC boroughs are near herd immunity probably. Also people were wearing masks for the most part.

Like, just look at that NYC hump compared to the red line. They had half the cases in the whole country (to a similar time as now) at one point, which is crazy.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017

When looking at percentages, 2.5% is actually high, Spain has 5% having the virus. 2.5% grows, 1% of the country dying is millions.

I don't think outdoor protests with or without masks spread it but this whole outbreak is small percentages, from people who die, the amount having it at one time, the amount of who've had it in total and spreading from person to person but results in large numbers.

It doesn't take much, some maybe looking for huge spikes but just continuing it is bad enough and the cases just go sideways. Maybe some of the protesters have simply helped it along, the young groups may have been at 1% before. We see it already skewing younger now after the protests and this can result in many deaths in a few weeks if they pass it on to older people.

Last edited:

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
When looking at percentages, 2.5% is actually high, Spain has 5% having the virus. 2.5% grows, 1% of the country dying is millions.

I don't think outdoor protests with or without masks spread it but this whole outbreak is small percentages, from people who die, the amount having it at one time, the amount of who've had it in total and spreading from person to person but results in large numbers.

It doesn't take much, some maybe looking for huge spikes but just continuing it is bad enough and the cases just go sideways. Maybe some of the protesters have simply helped it along.

The point isn't that 2.5% is low it's that it's basicslly inline with the rest of the population which basically means just as many people were likely to test positive protest or not.

I've got no doubt protests would have to cause an uptick in cases but so far it seems like it hasn't caused a real spike (opening everything up seems to be the real problem).

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
An interesting study on one of the most (in)famous COVID hotspots in Europe, the ski resort town of Ischgl (news only available in German):

www.derstandard.at

42,4 Prozent der Bewohner Ischgls haben Antikörper gegen Coronavirus

Ende April wurden knapp 1.500 Personen in dem Tiroler Wintersportort getestet. Nun liegen die Ergebnisse vor

80% of the town's residents participated in the study. According to its results, 42.4% of its residents have antibodies against COVID-19, which is six times the figure of known cases before. Also, quite interestingly, the rate of antibodies is far lower for people under 18 (just 27%) and an astonishingly 85% of cases were "unnoticed" by those affected (which does not have to mean "no symptoms at all").

Oct 26, 2017

I don't know I think it's too early to say. Here in California, it's hard not to say the protests didn't contribute to our sudden rising infection rates. We had been doing fairly solid for over 2 months and then suddenly we start surging right in the areas that had the biggest protests a few weeks ago. It also coincided with a lot of businesses re-opening. But for the most part masks have been required at these businesses and there have been pretty tight capacity limits. But the weak points have been in SoCal in the beach areas & towns, and then the protests where we had MASSIVE gatherings especially in LA.

I mean come on, it's not an indoor rally but there was obviously a risk when protesting in large crowds like that shoulder to shoulder, especially when cops were firing tear gas. The protests may have been necessary, but there are health repercussions to deal with. COVID doesn't care about the merit of the protest, you get sloppy, you get infected.

I'm hoping because we've done well previously, we'll be able to get the surge under control in a short order since none of our leaders believe it's a hoax and Californians are mostly onboard albeit antsy.

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
California did well at the start when we locked it all down. Now we are setting record numbers for infections and the deaths will soon follow a few weeks after that. My hope is that people will realize that they fucked up by thinking they could go outside and gather like it didn't exist. Some did so without even wearing a mask.

We need to shut down again and extend the $600+ unemployment for the rest of the year.

Johnny956

Oct 25, 2017
My mother's church is now having an outbreak. They followed all the guidelines set by their county and it still blew up. 25% capacity and spaced all the seating out. Thankfully my mom listened to me and stayed home and just watched the service online. The church of course is moving back to online services

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I watched alot of streams while that was going on and got to say, a overwhelming majority where wearing masks. I don't think it was lost on them that they still had to protect themselves from the virus.....which just goes to show. Wear the damn masks people

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I watched alot of streams while that was going on and got to say, a overwhelming majority where wearing masks. I don't think it was lost on them that they still had to protect themselves from the virus.....which just goes to show. Wear the damn masks people
Yeah, from streams and accounts it seemed like especially the northeast protests were damn near 100% masked. I heard some people who went to the biggest protests in the country say they didn't see a single person without a mask. Masks plus outside is a moderately safe combo. That and protests tend to move around a lot. You're not sitting and marinating in the virus like indoors.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
California did well at the start when we locked it all down. Now we are setting record numbers for infections and the deaths will soon follow a few weeks after that. My hope is that people will realize that they fucked up by thinking they could go outside and gather like it didn't exist. Some did so without even wearing a mask.

We need to shut down again and extend the $600+ unemployment for the rest of the year.
California, there are a lot of idiots traveling to ur state from all over the country. I constantly get bombarded by post on my FB feed off them on vacation and saying there version of screws it

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
My mother's church is now having an outbreak. They followed all the guidelines set by their county and it still blew up. 25% capacity and spaced all the seating out. Thankfully my mom listened to me and stayed home and just watched the service online. The church of course is moving back to online services

did they wear masks? indoor?

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

the frightening aspect about this is that our country is pretty much done accepting restrictions, even mask wearing is being pushed back on, so the climb will continue, it will be steep, and who knows when more meaningful actions will be accepted by the populace. people seemed perfectly ok with 2k+ deaths per day so how high does it have to go?

this is going to get ugly and the only thing we can really do is be fucking mad and depressed about it. the unnecessary loss of life is beyond rationality, is absolutely amoral, and will take a toll on our country for years to come. I don't think I'll ever look back on this time period and not feel immense pain for those who suffered at the hands our collective incompetence, indifference, and straight up maliciousness

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Croatia with 95 new cases yesterday, huge jump from 30 on Wednesday

Situation on the Balkans is getting worse and worse, Romania is also reporting spike in new cases.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017

They really need to have churches do online services for the rest of the year honestly. People won't like it but that's the only safe way to do it unless they do outdoor services.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017

I wonder what happened. Did they have singing? That was a famous super-spreading event from earlier in the pandemic.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
Croatia with 95 new cases yesterday, huge jump from 30 on Wednesday

Situation on the Balkans is getting worse and worse, Romania is also reporting spike in new cases.
Let's hope they can contact trace and contain it. With opening up the borders this was inevitable. With the virus spreading among meat workers here in Germany and a lot being from Romania I feared for the worst. Hope the spread is not as bad.

Johnny956

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what happened. Did they have singing? That was a famous super-spreading event from earlier in the pandemic.

Yes, it's more of that kind of church with a good 20 minutes of modern form of singing (not hymns). I know all the employees and leadership were wearing masks and two of them tested positive. I have no idea how many in the congregation weren't wearing masks as they didn't require it for them. It really shows that you need full mask participation to really control the spread

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, it's more of that kind of church with a good 20 minutes of modern form of singing (not hymns). I know all the employees and leadership were wearing masks and two of them tested positive. I have no idea how many in the congregation weren't wearing masks as they didn't require it for them. It really shows that you need full mask participation to really control the spread

Yeah that's tough. The CDC has published guidance on limiting choirs/singing early on (but the White House has them remove it...) based on one of their epidemiology studies. Some churches are following that limiting guidance and I wonder how that will play out.

www.cdc.gov

High SARS-CoV-2 Attack Rate Following Exposure at a Choir Practice ...

On March 17, 2020, a member of a Skagit County, Washington, choir informed Skagit County Public Health (SCPH) that several members of the 122-member choir had become ill.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Maybe this is being discussed in Wrestle Era but this is the first time I've heard of someone (semi famous) claiming to be reinfected:

I'm hoping maybe a false positive like the other cases? Or is this common (and terrifying) knowledge?

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe this is being discussed in Wrestle Era but this is the first time I've heard of someone (semi famous) claiming to be reinfected:

I'm hoping maybe a false positive like the other cases? Or is this common (and terrifying) knowledge?

We have discovered in the meantime antibodies might only last a couple of months, but even then, we don't have proof of reinfection yet.
(There is also memory of antibodies as an alternative way to avoid reinfection, we can't know if Covid antibodies do that)

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I get all my scientific data from wwe wrestlers so seems legit versus multiple studies so far

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
New record in Florida. 5.000 cases and 89 deaths.
Doesn't look like the temperature is slowing down the virus.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
In Finland R0 is between 0.45 and 0.75 despite most of the restrictions being lifted weeks ago. Weird thing is that mask usage has been very rare. I guess social distancing being build into finnish DNA and summer (everyone spents more time outside) have helped.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I mean, I get all my scientific data from wwe wrestlers so seems legit versus multiple studies so far

So that's what I'm asking. Do multiple studies show that people can't get reinfected? I hadn't heard conclusive evidence either way, and it's a pretty important topic. You'd think if even one person was verified as reinfected that would throw a wrench into a lot of things.

Hopefully at least one of the tests she took was faulty or there's some other explanation.