• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Italy's update:
+210 new positive cases (total 237500)
+34 new deaths (total 34405)
+1516 new recoveries (total 178526)

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
NJ Daily Numbers:

+470 new cases (167426 total)
+51 deaths (12727 total)

EapkcgDXkAAmHAZ

Positivity under 2.5%

Eapkc5gXkAMQXJJ

Rate of transmission still well below 1

EapkhmZXsAAVKL_

Another nice drop in hospitalizations, by the end of next week we could be under 1k if these trends hold

EapkuvzXQAAuIIU

EapkvI8WkAAEK5Y

Eapk0rdXgAgAnsk

Eapk1H0X0AQCbwv

Eapk1omWAAENPQw

Eapk2DoWoAAziR2

Eapk8l7WoAUIBkh

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
DC just started free antibody testing, although it's not clear to me the type that's offered.

dcist.com

D.C. Now Offers Free COVID-19 Antibody Testing

Some doctors say the presence of antibodies might protect people from catching the virus again, but health experts caution that a positive test does not guarantee immunity.

Is it worth it for piece of mind/to help with public health?
the red cross in general is doing testing
www.redcrossblood.org

Home Page

Blood donors report feeling a sense of great satisfaction after making their blood donation. Why? Because helping others in need just feels good. Donate blood today to help those in need.

GhLvSVR.png

details https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/dlp/covid-19-antibody-testing.html

so you can go that route as well.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
the red cross in general is doing testing
www.redcrossblood.org

Home Page

Blood donors report feeling a sense of great satisfaction after making their blood donation. Why? Because helping others in need just feels good. Donate blood today to help those in need.

GhLvSVR.png

details https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/dlp/covid-19-antibody-testing.html

so you can go that route as well.
Thanks, I'm gonna schedule an appointment, I'd love to be able to help if I can

ktar.com

Arizona reports more than 2,500 new coronavirus cases, 1 death

The Arizona Department of Health Services reported more than 2,500 new coronavirus cases and one additional death on Sunday morning.

It's over. yeah I'm gonna stock up the house today.
That's a huge jump from the previous high, is it a weekend correction?

Last edited:

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, Arizona is past the point of no return there. Without locking down, they are going to be in a REAL bad spot

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
HOLY SHIT 2392 CASES WHAT THE FUUUUUUCK

we're down to like 184 in Ontario and even not fully opened up yet in Toronto.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Chile update June 16th:

+ 5.013 new positives, 184.449 total
+ 21 new deaths, 3.383 total (number still lagging due to weekend closure of public records office)
+ 1.470 ventilated, 376 critical, 377 ventilators avaliable
+ 14.575 reported tests (34,4% positivity), 873.533 total (21,1% total positivity)

Important to note:

Health Ministry has said that they detected at least 31.000 positives not reported previously which will be added tomorrow. This will leave us above Iran's total positives, and just below Peru.

Health Ministry still doesn't share the death toll that they reported to the WHO, which was much much higher than the reported to us.

Ministry of Economy reported that around 40% of businesses WILL STILL BE OPEN IN THE CAPITAL, a whooping 2.3 MILLION PEOPLE working in the "total quarantine" of Santiago.

Universidad de Chile, biggest chilean University, just announced that, due to lack of transparency and rigurosity, they will no longer work with Health Ministry data.

And, for a bigger picture on the social politics on Chile during the pandemic, here's a good Bloomberg article about it:

Once a Covid Role Model, Chile Now Among the World's Worst

Initial assessments suggest that Chile followed the lead of wealthy nations only to realize -- once again -- that a large percentage of its citizens are poor, an echo of last year's disconnect between government and nation when a subway fare increase led to massive riots.

www.bloomberg.com

Once a Covid Role Model, Chile Now Among the World’s Worst

Two months ago, Chile was admired for its surgical approach to the pandemic -- testing widely and quarantining by neighborhood. Today it has among the world’s highest rates of per-capita infections and its once-praised health minister has been forced to resign.

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, at this point I could post daily "Yeah, we're fucked" and it would have new, refreshed meaning every day

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Small EU update they are planning a cross EU strategic reserve of medical supplies. This will lead to better prepared response for a next pandemic.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
It's feeling like crossing fingers on the latest treatment being effective is our only hope. The most time we were ever going to be able to buy the health system was apparently 4 months or so. Let's hope all the COVID wards got enough experience to reduce the death toll of the second wave.

I'd also really love to be very wrong, and have the second* wave not happen.

*loose definition of second wave being used

Nov 6, 2017
Is there any updates on a vaccine or potential treatments at this point? Part of me thinks we will never be able to have a sense of normalcy anymore especially if a vaccine isn't possible. If that's the case, I'm sure I'll adjust but man. Shit's scary!

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
www.google.com

Life-saving coronavirus drug 'major breakthrough' - BBC News

Patients should be given the cheap drug without delay, after "fantastic" trial results, experts say.

The low-dose steroid treatment dexamethasone is a major breakthrough in the fight against the deadly virus, UK experts say.

The drug is part of the world's biggest trial testing existing treatments to see if they also work for coronavirus.

It cut the risk of death by a third for patients on ventilators. For those on oxygen, it cut deaths by a fifth.

Had the drug had been used to treat patients in the UK from the start of the pandemic, up to 5,000 lives could have been saved, researchers say.

In the trial, led by a team from Oxford University, about 2,000 hospital patients were given dexamethasone and compared with more than 4,000 who were not.

For patients on ventilators, it cut the risk of death from 40% to 28%.

For patients needing oxygen, it cut the risk of death from 25% to 20%.

Very big discovery if it bears out.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any updates on a vaccine or potential treatments at this point? Part of me thinks we will never be able to have a sense of normalcy anymore especially if a vaccine isn't possible. If that's the case, I'm sure I'll adjust but man. Shit's scary!
We had news today on an existing drug that can be used as a potential treatment, and we get news on vaccines almost every day.

Nov 1, 2017
What's with the spike in deaths in India? Showing 1,967 new deaths today.

www.worldometers.info

India COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

India Coronavirus update with statistics and graphs: total and new cases, deaths per day, mortality and recovery rates, current active cases, recoveries, trends and timeline.

Some states created an internal "death audit committee" to find out unreported deaths for past few weeks.

Maharashtra has added 1328 Covid-19 fatalities today as part of its reconciliation process; 862 of these deaths are from Mumbai. Maharashtra fatalities have risen to 5537 and the case fatality rate has risen to 4.8% (it was 3.7% yesterday).

Delhi - Total deaths cumulative figure (1837) includes all pending death reported to and audited by Death Audit committee.

Edit - Source

Tiger Priest

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
New York, NY
Jan 29, 2018
It's absolutely wild picking up take-out wearing my mask while everyone else is eating in the restaurant normally like I'm in the wrong timeline.

Porkepik

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, Arizona is past the point of no return there. Without locking down, they are going to be in a REAL bad spot
I did not realize that arizona population was in the 7 million range , which is lower than quebec populatIon, even in the worse of it we never reached these numbers of new cases per day . Honestly hope they can get control of that because it looks awful

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Fantastic news. This would give us both a treatment for the mild/moderately ill (Remdesivir) and now for the severely ill. Any other promising candidates to be aware of? What about other corticosteroids like prednisone?
There are a handful of other anti-inflammatory drugs being looked at right now to help severe cases, but thorough data is still outstanding on those I think. One is looking promising, discussed here:

AAAS

The other promising avenue is monoclonal antibody treatment, but it probably won't be ready for awhile still as human trials are just beginning and scaling up manufacturing is difficult. More in this post:

AAAS

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Which type? I'm guessing that this is referring largely to type 2 diabetics, and related to weight and bad blood sugar control. A lot of type 2 diabetics have some other problems either exacerbating the condition or as a result. I can't think of how having diabetes itself would be the real problem here.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
Chile update June 16th:

+ 5.013 new positives, 184.449 total
+ 21 new deaths, 3.383 total (number still lagging due to weekend closure of public records office)
+ 1.470 ventilated, 376 critical, 377 ventilators avaliable
+ 14.575 reported tests (34,4% positivity), 873.533 total (21,1% total positivity)

Important to note:

Health Ministry has said that they detected at least 31.000 positives not reported previously which will be added tomorrow. This will leave us above Iran's total positives, and just below Peru.

Health Ministry still doesn't share the death toll that they reported to the WHO, which was much much higher than the reported to us.

Ministry of Economy reported that around 40% of businesses WILL STILL BE OPEN IN THE CAPITAL, a whooping 2.3 MILLION PEOPLE working in the "total quarantine" of Santiago.

Universidad de Chile, biggest chilean University, just announced that, due to lack of transparency and rigurosity, they will no longer work with Health Ministry data.

And, for a bigger picture on the social politics on Chile during the pandemic, here's a good Bloomberg article about it:

www.bloomberg.com

Once a Covid Role Model, Chile Now Among the World’s Worst

Two months ago, Chile was admired for its surgical approach to the pandemic -- testing widely and quarantining by neighborhood. Today it has among the world’s highest rates of per-capita infections and its once-praised health minister has been forced to resign.
What a mess. Good luck to your people.

Oct 27, 2017
CT reporting 6 deaths, 114 new cases (2% daily positivity). Indoor restaurants can open tomorrow, 6 ft between tables. Nail, ink, gyms can finally open. 4th of July fireworks celebrations will be allowed, as well as gatherings of 100 indoor and 250 outdoor at that time. According to rt.live, the r0 factor in ct is .82 (EDIT: rt updated today)

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
it was a study based out of Shenzen ... did you read the article?

Uh did you even open the webpage bro. Okay, so a study from Shenzhen, and the pic says its a couple of kids playing in Bangkok. Like I said..."let's just find some Asian kids and use them as the cover" even though white peeps are the majority of the infected in the world.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
Uh did you even open the webpage bro. Okay, so a study from Shenzhen, and the pic says its a couple of kids playing in Bangkok. Like I said..."let's just find some Asian kids and use them as the cover" even though white peeps are the majority of the infected in the world.

Because its a case study in an Asian country about Asian children? Where they also specifically state a similar study in UK showed no difference between adults and children vs what was found in Shenzen... so... again...

Maybe i'm just not trying hard enough to see some nefarious plot of anti-asian sentiment... i'll try to look real hard here.

Last edited:

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Which type? I'm guessing that this is referring largely to type 2 diabetics, and related to weight and bad blood sugar control. A lot of type 2 diabetics have some other problems either exacerbating the condition or as a result. I can't think of how having diabetes itself would be the real problem here.
According to a nhs study, you are more screwed with type 1 actually.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
So I just saw that shitbag Steven Crowder is going to hold a "Covid death numbers are inflated - Change my mind" shit and I'm so fucking angry.
So many people died without a chance to say goodbye, and many others worked their asses off to try and save everyone.
There is evil in this world.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Bulletin for the
French situation for the 16/06:

157716 confirmed cases + 344 in 24H
hospital:
10535 hospitalized -217 in 24 H (143 entries)
820 in intensive care -26 in 24 H (14 entries)
19090 dead + 38 in 24 H

Care homes:
37901 cases + 302
10457 dead + 73

Total 29547 deaths + 111 in 24H