• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
My GF had covid last month and isolated for 14 days after she was tested positive (She had her symptoms 2-3 days before she got tested). Her 14 days of isolation ended at the beginning of June. She was considered recovered on June 2. I saw her yesterday (June 13) and after reading studies from Germany and south Korea, as well as calling the line for covid here, I was told it was ok if I wanted to hug her. I did.

Now I have a sore throat and a bit of headache. I think I'm going to call to get tested.

Did I f**** up? I listened to people here saying it was safe :/
It was safe, for covid anyway. Maybe she has the common cold.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium: 5 new deaths, a low point, although it should be noted that there is again no data on Flemish retirement homes. 4 were in hospitals and 1 in a retirement home. Total has become 9.655. 20 new hospitalisations, while 42 people have been discharged. This means only 395 beds are used anymore. 82 people are still on intensive care, a drop of 6, while 54 people require breathing support. This is 10 more than yesterday.

111 new confirmed cases, which means the total of confirmed cases has crossed 60.000. This is of course a serious underestimation, but it remains noticeable that the number of detected cases has remained stable. Interesting information, in total 17.611 people that were detected have been put into the hospital. Meaning that in 1 in 4 cases, a positive tests leads to a hospitalisation.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Portugal:

36.690 confirmed cases.
+ 227 since yesterday. 0.6% growth.
1.517 deaths.
+ 5 since yesterday.
22.669 recoveries.
+ 231 since yesterday.

428 people hospitalised.
+ 9 since yesterday.
73 in the ICU.
- 4 since yesterday.

Nov 13, 2017
For outdoor roller coasters, wouldn't the air be blasting so far and hard that the chance of you inhaling anything from people in seats ahead of you be almost impossible?

Oct 27, 2017
My GF had covid last month and isolated for 14 days after she was tested positive (She had her symptoms 2-3 days before she got tested). Her 14 days of isolation ended at the beginning of June. She was considered recovered on June 2. I saw her yesterday (June 13) and after reading studies from Germany and south Korea, as well as calling the line for covid here, I was told it was ok if I wanted to hug her. I did.

Now I have a sore throat and a bit of headache. I think I'm going to call to get tested.

Did I f**** up? I listened to people here saying it was safe :/
It is hiiiiiighly unlikely you would be symptomatic from COVID a day or less from exposure, much less from someone who has been recovered for two weeks.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Italy's update:
+348 new positive cases (total 236989)
+44 new deaths (total 34345)
+1505 new recoveries (total 176370)

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
NJ Daily Numbers:

+305 new cases (166881 total)
+40 deaths (12625 total)

1391 are in hospitals

386 are in ICU

285 are on ventilators

EafOzJ2WAAEYE5H

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Chile June 14th Update:

+ 6.938 new positives, 174.293 total
+ 222 mew deaths, 3.23 total
+ 1.465 ventilated, 399 in critical state, 306 ventilators availables
+ 20.151 reported tests, 840.150 total

Experts are saying that the situation will be worse than those seen in Spain and Italy

We are
Nº1 in total cases per million inhabitants in countries with more than 3M population
Nº3 in new deaths (only exceeded by India and Mexico with far more population)
Nº4 in new cases (only exceeded by India, Russia and the USA)
Nº23 in test per million inhabitants in countries with more than 3M population
Nº12 in total cases
Nº20 in total deaths

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Portugal:

36.690 confirmed cases.
+ 227 since yesterday. 0.6% growth.
1.517 deaths.
+ 5 since yesterday.
22.669 recoveries.
+ 231 since yesterday.

428 people hospitalised.
+ 9 since yesterday.
73 in the ICU.
- 4 since yesterday.

It's good to see the numbers stabilizing. I expect the confirmed cases to rise, assuming they count the positive antibody tests places like Cascais are doing for the entire population.

God, looking at a comparable population place like NJ, it's stunning.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
It's good to see the numbers stabilizing. I expect the confirmed cases to rise, assuming they count the positive antibody tests places like Cascais are doing for the entire population.

God, looking at a comparable population place like NJ, it's stunning.
It's also worthy of noting that, while the numbers haven't fallen as much as in other places, most of that is concentrated in Lisbon. For example, out of today's total amount of cases 206 were just in the Lisbon region. So once that gets under control, it's looking pretty positive for the general population.

And the number of deaths has fallen under 10 for a while now, which is super positive IMO.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Bulletin for the
French situation for the 14/06:

first time with less than 10 deaths in 24 hours.
Bars, restaurants, reopen in metropolitan france tomorrow. Some overseas territory remain with special regimen, let it be reminded that France has a border with Brazil in the Amazon rainforest.
Borders with European countries with covid in check reopen tomorrow as well where applicable.
School attendance will become mandatory on june 22nd

157220 confirmed cases + 407 in 24H
hospital:
10881 hospitalized -28 in 24 H (33 entries)
869 in intensive care -2 in 24 H (6 entries)
19023 dead + 9 in 24 H

Care homes:
37599 cases
10384 dead

Total 29407 deaths +9 in 24H
covidcare_hosp0614f4jkq.png

Hospital graphs:
covid061479j9k.png

ICU entries:
icu06140qklv.png

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe it. I thought I was taking all the precautions. I was wearing a mask. Washing my hands every time I came back home. Avoiding touching my face while outside. Avoiding every one while I was outside.

Since last night, I've been having symptoms of a sore throat and now I woke up and feeling nausea as well. I think I'm positive now for sure. How else do I get sick in the middle of the bloody summer? Screw my job for threatening me to come back to the workplace. This is going to be hell for me. :(

Oct 27, 2017
Arizona
I can't believe it. I thought I was taking all the precautions. I was wearing a mask. Washing my hands every time I came back home. Avoiding touching my face while outside. Avoiding every one while I was outside.

Since last night, I've been having symptoms of a sore throat and now I woke up and feeling nausea as well. I think I'm positive now for sure. How else do I get sick in the middle of the bloody summer? Screw my job for threatening me to come back to the workplace. This is going to be hell for me. :(
or you could have a lot of other things.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
So yesterday on this page someone posted chili is going to be worse than any European country and yet, I see no discourse on it.

is that because that's still not that bad? Won't affect us bc we don't live there? The protests have taken over discussion? more people just aren't aware because it hasn't hit Monday mornings news!

it Just seems odd. We are this far into it. The info is out there. maybe I need to learn more about that country.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
So yesterday on this page someone posted chili is going to be worse than any European country and yet, I see no discourse on it.

is that because that's still not that bad? Won't affect us bc we don't live there? The protests have taken over discussion? more people just aren't aware because it hasn't hit Monday mornings news!

it Just seems odd. We are this far into it. The info is out there. maybe I need to learn more about that country.
No it seems like you know everything there is to know about Chili.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France

Didn't health secretary just resign ? Seems like pinera is really doing the worst job.
This pandemic shows how incompetent and cynical these fuckers like Johnson, Trump, bolsonaro or pinera are.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017

Probably all those things, it's at 3k right now and won't be news until it happens. There's not enough traffic in this thread for a long time, even before the protests. Brazil is perhaps the focal point of SA and not much talk since a few said it's taking off there. US borders Mexico, 17k dead and has grown a lot there recently but I don't see any talk of it unless there's a separate thread. Not sure why people should be talking about Chili at 3k and it's not a well known country.

I follow some other threads on other sites and it's the same, almost to a stand still now.

Last edited:

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium: 6 new deaths, 3 in hospitals and 3 in retirement homes. Note, there is again no data on Flemish retirement homes. Total is now 9.661. 17 new hospitalisations, while 21 people have been discharged. Slight raise on beds used, 397. 84 people on intensive care, slightly more as well. No worries, weekend effect.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
So it seems France is opening everything from now on except big gatherings (and that will keep me unemployed for a little more time...).
Let's hope things will turn out good.
My kids will go back to a "normal" school time next week (for 2 weeks before summer holidays lol)

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So it seems France is opening everything from now on except big gatherings (and that will keep me unemployed for a little more time...).
Let's hope things will turn out good.
My kids will go back to a "normal" school time next week (for 2 weeks before summer holidays lol)
Germany opens the schools right after summer holidays. What a fucking joke. Let's make sure, after three months of isolation and distancing, to get back to the start by hoarding all the people who travelled to god knows where In the world together without any quarantine time whatsoever.

all this was fucking pointless then. It makes angry, fuck it

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany opens the schools right after summer holidays. What a fucking joke. Let's make sure, after three months of isolation and distancing, to get back to the start by hoarding all the people who travelled to god knows where In the world together without any quarantine time whatsoever.

all this was fucking pointless then. It makes angry, fuck it

Before I get angry over this I am hopeful that nothing will happen. Last weeks have shown that it's fine and as long as people wear their masks and are cautious we will be fine. Kids also need to go to school again. I know some parents that can't take it any longer with all the stress + work so let's see if it works out. We are way better prepared now and if something happens we will act fast. I mean there is quarantine time anymore regardless of where you travel in Europe so it's whatever.

GCX

Oct 27, 2017
Before I get angry over this I am hopeful that nothing will happen. Last weeks have shown that it's fine and as long as people wear their masks and are cautious we will be fine. Kids also need to go to school again. I know some parents that can't take it any longer with all the stress + work so let's see if it works out. We are way better prepared now and if something happens we will act fast. I mean there is quarantine time anymore regardless of where you travel in Europe so it's whatever.
In Finland elementary schools were opened a month ago for a few weeks before summer vacation. Many people feared it would lead to a wave of new cases but it had virtually no effect on the infection rate (R0 has remained around 0,75-0,85). Only a few cases have been traced to have happened in schools.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Of course. I'm one of these parents. But why risk it and go all in AFTER the holidays where you basically loose track of every family who travels. I don't get it. Really.
no one wears a mask in school btw. I hope they don't lift the mask related restrictions too without waiting. I really want to see masks as mandatory in public transportation and supermarkets etc. in the coming months, too. It's such a little thing that obviously helps So much

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
NY/NJ right now seem to be operating BAU so I'm a little worried. People were really out and about on Friday/Saturday. In NJ I don't believe open air dining was "legal" until today but everyone was outside on Friday and Saturday and I don't believe cops were enforcing anything.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
The outside borders of the EU haven't opened back yet, let alone that we know the rules for that.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
Of course. I'm one of these parents. But why risk it and go all in AFTER the holidays where you basically loose track of every family who travels. I don't get it. Really.
no one wears a mask in school btw. I hope they don't lift the mask related restrictions too without waiting. I really want to see masks as mandatory in public transportation and supermarkets etc. in the coming months, too. It's such a little thing that obviously helps So much
I don't see it as a big issue, contact tracing is easy in schools, imo they should've opened sooner but bars should've remained closed. You have to leave your adress and time of stay in bars but it doesn't get checked vs your papers and I guess there are a lot of Jane/John Does out there now. Also people fraternize in and outside bars like they did before. Infections don't seem to explode for now but if we do have new vectors it will be hard to contain them due to this. If there is an outbreak in a school worst case you close it down and send everyone into quarantine.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
With borders kind of open now, I wonder how many people are actually traveling? I want to take a train to Zurich and have the entire car to myself!

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First time in 3 months that I really had a very normal day, outside of wearing a mask. Went to buy some shoes during my lunch hour, lots of people everywhere, masks inside is complied by everyone, outside I rarely see anyone using them.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
www.npr.org

Fired Florida Data Scientist Launches A Coronavirus Dashboard Of Her Own

Rebekah Jones says she was fired after refusing to manipulate COVID-19 data. Her new portal is a reflection of how contentious coronavirus data has become amid battles over the states' reopening.

Rebekah Jones was fired last month from her job at the Florida Department of Health, where she helped create a data portal about the state's COVID-19 cases. Now, she has created a dashboard of her own.

And the dashboard is here and it's very detailed. Better than a lot of official ones I've seen.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017

Well that's not at all frightening.

The US is not very similar to those other countries, geographically or demographically speaking. I'd compare to individual states (like New York or New Jersey). The US pattern looks like the aggregate of a lot of different countries with onsets at different times, which... is pretty much what it actually is.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
The US is not very similar to those other countries, geographically or demographically speaking. I'd compare to individual states (like New York or New Jersey). The US pattern looks like the aggregate of a lot of different countries with onsets at different times, which... is pretty much what it actually is.

The biggest difference between the US and other countries is a unified country-level response versus a free-for-all.