• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of my Co-Workers is sick, she works a different shift but we all work in the same small room. We dont know if its Covid but I"m really scared/nervous now...

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
They lifted the travel restrictions from Wuhan yesterday.
Today Shanghai announced that they'll be reopening schools on the 27th.
They slowly reopening things, but it's go at a different pace in different parts of China.

Only for high schools, Tier 1 cities in China ain't opening school for kids anytime soon.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
QYCqE3h.png

I really hope that this is a good sign in Florida and not that they're doing less testing.

Oct 25, 2017
Authorities in the southern Chinese city of Guangzhou are investigating a possible series of community transmissions of coronavirus in its "Little Africa" district after five Nigerians who tested positive were linked to a city restaurant.
The infections, centred on Kuangquan Street in Yuexiu district, has raised an alarm in a city that has so far reported only 463 cases of
Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus
Guangzhou officials reported on Tuesday that the city had 111 imported cases of Covid-19 including at least 16 patients from various countries in Africa.

www.scmp.com

Guangzhou coronavirus cases prompt shutdown in ‘Little Africa’

Authorities say five Nigerians test positive for Covid-19, four of whom were frequent visitors to a restaurant in the area.

What has happened in the aftermath is insane. Basically, thousands upon thousands of African people are homeless at the moment in Guangzhou. No hotel, hostel or landlord will let them stay or rent. Airline tickets are expensive, so they are essentially stuck on the streets. There are many videos circulating showing them sleeping on sidewalks. Thankfully, there are some charitable organizations within China offering food, blankets and other provisions for them while they try to find somewhere to stay (my friend from Shenzhen is spearheading one such organization), but it looks like this decision to completely lock them out of the city is brought on by the government.

The only article I could find talking about the shut down is from SCMP (Hong Kong paper that has definitely being compromised in the past few years), but other new outlets are trying to get the story. My friend has been approached by all the big new organizations, but they are wary of talking to them due to the repercussions from the government.

I also find it funny that the same day the head of the WHO is making unsubstantiated claims that Taiwan is behind death threats and racist attacks against a whole continent, he fails to acknowledge the systematic eviction of an entire black population in one of China's largest cities due to the COVID-19.

I just thought I'd post it in here as it relates to the virus, and it's not getting much news coverage at present.
Thanks for this. I hope Western media reports on this.

Plum

May 31, 2018
So I've managed to get FFP3 masks for my work but I'm still worried about my eyes. Should I be buying some goggles or a face visor to protect my eyes or is that not too much of a worry?

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
So I've managed to get FFP3 masks for my work but I'm still worried about my eyes. Should I be buying some goggles or a face visor to protect my eyes or is that not too much of a worry?

Do you touch your face a lot? Around lots of people? Unless you got people coughing in your face or you touch something that has the virus then you touch your eyes you'll get it.

Oct 27, 2017
The mayor of my town used a phrase today I haven't heard being used a lot: "peak transmission", meaning this is the time the virus is considered most transmissible in the town, because according to models the peak hospital resource usage (and unfortunately peak deaths) is expected in two to four weeks.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Do you touch your face a lot? Around lots of people? Unless you got people coughing in your face or you touch something that has the virus then you touch your eyes you'll get it.

Don't you mean "you won't get it"?

And whilst we are taking social distancing seriously in my shop a checkout job is very much face-to-face no matter what you do, so I want to know how much protection I should have.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
The mayor of my town used a phrase today I haven't heard being used a lot: "peak transmission", meaning this is the time the virus is considered most transmissible in the town, because according to models the peak hospital resource usage (and unfortunately peak deaths) is expected in two to four weeks.
Shouldn't peak transmission be the day before they ordered a lockdown? If it's not, then the lockdown didn't do enough to get it under control and you're looking a very unpredictable peak transmission that's probably a long time from today.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Yeah. I meant that. But I'd wear eyeware or a face shield if it was me if I was near customers face to face.

I'm not 'that' near customers, I just don't know. Like with the current measures in place I probably have at least a meter or so between me and customers, but whether or not that will be enough I don't know.

I hate my job

stew

Dec 2, 2017
Shouldn't peak transmission be the day before they ordered a lockdown? If it's not, then the lockdown didn't do enough to get it under control and you're looking a very unpredictable peak transmission that's probably a long time from today.
Edit: Never mind, I didn't get the question.

Last edited:

Plum

May 31, 2018
Minimarkets around my area have this kind protectors at the cashier.

yrfsbrhtbxk2fexe7jy6.jpg

Not at mine, unfortunately. The company has installed them but my store hasn't got them yet for some reason.

We are much bigger than a 'minimarket' though so there's quite a bit of space between the 'packing area' and where we sit.

Oct 27, 2017
Well, no. When you consider how many people who are not getting tested, probably asymptomatic over these past few weeks, not following guidelines, and communities not being locked down (or people not being locked up) - the community transfer has achieved sufficient sprawl here.

However, that doesn't mean the peak will be as high as initially projected, or as sharply pointed. It could be much lower, but a longer plateau. We'll see what happens.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Well, no. When you consider how many people who are not getting tested, probably asymptomatic over these past few weeks, not following guidelines, and communities not being locked down (or people not being locked up) - the community transfer has achieved sufficient sprawl here.

However, that doesn't mean the peak will be as high as initially projected, or as sharply pointed. It could be much lower, but a longer plateau. We'll see what happens.
Right, like the model I posted on the previous page. Most of our communities are probably closer to around that 70% social distancing range where the tiniest change can push the peak weeks away in either direction, than that 80%+ range where you're almost immediately suffocating its resources.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I've been pretty good throughout all of this...today hasn't been a good day.
I hate working from home, it was announced today that they are extending the work from home requirement till May 1st. We are an essential business but they wanted to everyone to work remote unless absolutely necessary. I'm hoping I can make a deal to work some in the office once or twice a week for my own mental state.

Ontop of that Monday is my birthday. So, yeah..

Last edited:

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I've been pretty good throughout all of this...today hasn't been a good day.
I hate working from home, it was announced today that they are extending the work from home requirement till May 1st. We are an essential business but they wanted to everyone to work remote unless absolutely necessary. I'm hoping I can make a deal to some in the office once or twice a week for my own mental state.

Ontop of that Monday is my birthday. So, yeah..
Stay strong. My birthday was the toughest day of this so far, but once it was behind things got a lot easier for me.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Buying groceries lately is such a pain now. Most times they don't have what you want. Like this week they had no bodywash, eggs. Thankfully plenty of milk.

Its going to get worse isn't it?
It'll only get worse in the sense that you'll stop going into the store in person. Illinois has been shelter in place for weeks and I'm only getting missing items for grocery deliver on non-essentials like yeast, cold brew, or extra firm tofu. I haven't stepped foot in a store in a bit, but a close friend goes to a local shop in Chicago and it's got everything in stock - eggs, milk, TP, you name it.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Work fucking sucked. I'm tired of getting $2 tips on every goddamn delivery.

Also getting tired of being called 'essential'. Yeah I'm essential all right, essential-ly fucked.
Still can't get toilet paper or paper towels, either. I had to resort to swiping a few rolls from my job.

Zerifa

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
What's the major updates on how China is doing?

We are focusing on asymptomatic and import cases.
The daily numbers include confirm cases, asymptomatic cases and suspected cases:
Yesterday we have 42 new confirmed cases. 38 imported. 3 urban cases in Guangdong and 1 in Heilongjiang.
Yesterday we have 47 new asymptomatic cases, 14 of them are import cases, which added to the total of 1097 asymptomatic cases (349 imported).
The good news is we only have 103 severe cases in hospitals now.

The government built a hospital in Suifenhe city to cover the cases import from Russia. In Guangzhou there has been import cases related urban cases for days, so we are also trying to do mass testing and contact tracking in Guangdong.
Most low risk areas have been back to normal life except people still have to wear masks.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I have family that work at DG stores and they aren't being protected either. No plexi glass not even masks. In fact they are being worked harder due to panic shopping and then when they don't get twice the work done as normal they are threatened.

This country is built on lies, slave labor and the worship of money. Nobody gives a shit about their employees unless the government forces them to.

Yeah our DM has been trying like hell to get my store manager to hire 3 more people while cutting our hours at the same time. She basically said she's gonna keep holding him off as long as she can so the people who have been there the longest can keep their hours. I'm already down to 32 from 40.

Zerifa

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
User banned (permanent): Racism; alt account
Authorities in the southern Chinese city of Guangzhou are investigating a possible series of community transmissions of coronavirus in its "Little Africa" district after five Nigerians who tested positive were linked to a city restaurant.
The infections, centred on Kuangquan Street in Yuexiu district, has raised an alarm in a city that has so far reported only 463 cases of
Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus
Guangzhou officials reported on Tuesday that the city had 111 imported cases of Covid-19 including at least 16 patients from various countries in Africa.

www.scmp.com

Guangzhou coronavirus cases prompt shutdown in ‘Little Africa’

Authorities say five Nigerians test positive for Covid-19, four of whom were frequent visitors to a restaurant in the area.

What has happened in the aftermath is insane. Basically, thousands upon thousands of African people are homeless at the moment in Guangzhou. No hotel, hostel or landlord will let them stay or rent. Airline tickets are expensive, so they are essentially stuck on the streets. There are many videos circulating showing them sleeping on sidewalks. Thankfully, there are some charitable organizations within China offering food, blankets and other provisions for them while they try to find somewhere to stay (my friend from Shenzhen is spearheading one such organization), but it looks like this decision to completely lock them out of the city is brought on by the government.

The only article I could find talking about the shut down is from SCMP (Hong Kong paper that has definitely being compromised in the past few years), but other new outlets are trying to get the story. My friend has been approached by all the big new organizations, but they are wary of talking to them due to the repercussions from the government.

I also find it funny that the same day the head of the WHO is making unsubstantiated claims that Taiwan is behind death threats and racist attacks against a whole continent, he fails to acknowledge the systematic eviction of an entire black population in one of China's largest cities due to the COVID-19.

I just thought I'd post it in here as it relates to the virus, and it's not getting much news coverage at present.

The Nigeria patient beat and bite the Chinese nurse because he didn't want to follow the medical check.
Did your friend tell you that? We welcome African friends and we give them medical care here but we don't welcome those who broke the quarantine rule and beat out medical staffs.

And, to give you a clear mumber, there are 300 thousands African people in Guangzhou and 7000 of them are asked for mandatory quarantine because they are mostly confirmed/ suspect cases' contacts. We follow that either.

Last edited:

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
We are focusing on asymptomatic and import cases.
The daily numbers include confirm cases, asymptomatic cases and suspected cases:
Yesterday we have 42 new confirmed cases. 38 imported. 3 urban cases in Guangdong and 1 in Heilongjiang.
Yesterday we have 47 new asymptomatic cases, 14 of them are import cases, which added to the total of 1097 asymptomatic cases (349 imported).
The good news is we only have 103 severe cases in hospitals now.

The government built a hospital in Suifenhe city to cover the cases import from Russia. In Guangzhou there has been import cases related urban cases for days, so we are also trying to do mass testing and contact tracking in Guangdong.
Most low risk areas have been back to normal life except people still have to wear masks.

Normal life? Theaters are closed, schools closed, mass gathering not allowed, all sports league gone and CBA's supposed opening just got pushed back to an indefinite date.

nvm just saw your post above, lol.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Went to a liqour store today and he said i needed a face mask. Nj passed some law that I didn't know?

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
My cousin's GF just came over and went directly to see him. Like didnt wash her hands upon arrival or anything. God damn this infuriates me for a lot of reasons. Worse is I live in the same place as him. I wish they would be a little more proactive about this shit. Long Island of all places like NY is not in a lot of shit guys. Everything is ok. Smh.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
The man (Ron DeFuckface) is actively trying to endanger children.

Context doesn't help.
I hate Florida so fucking much. We could've elected anyone. Instead we elected Republicans, the same soulless ratfucks that have been screwing us (and the rest of the country) over for decades.

Even if/when Trump is voted out, us Floridians still have Trump #2 for another 2 to 6 to 10 to 1,0000000000000000000 years.
Fuck everything.

EDIT: Got the piece of shit's name wrong.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017
So happy I got out Florida. Now I have Newsom tha God as my governor instead of that idiot DeSantis

Crist seems pretty competent in comparison

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, July's Festival d'Éte de Québec has been cancelled.

Bye bye my insane expectations for the RATM and Megadeth shows. FML. :(

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Sobering account from a iCU nurse in NYC:

Facebook

That's unbelievable strength right there. Even without the pandemic, it's difficult to fathom how the nurses and doctors of the world manage every day and night. Now it's like every moment is a warzone.

I...dammit... I never have the right words for this. It's like my mind is blown and my heart is broken at the same time. Just reading the nurse's account is exhausting.