• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Jesus. Why hasn't the US shut down already?
Because the thing that we currently call President is a fucking dumbass who couldn't lead a high pressured stream of water through a wet paper bag.

He's totally incapable of leading as he only cares about himself and money.
This is the correct answer, sadly. Today he went in front of the cameras and admitted that we should expect at least 100-240,000 Americans die in the next few months and that's IF we follow strict stay-at-home measures. He then refused to order such measures nationwide, despite literally just admitting it could costs hundreds of thousands of lives.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
A vaccine called BCG from 1920s is being tested against Covid. https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericma...-fight-the-coronavirus-pandemic/#2baefb261220

This vaccine is given to everyone in India during the first year of birth to prevent TB, this may be a reason why Covid hasn't spread throughout India...or that they aren't testing many people.

Interesting. Many of our international nurses (jamaican and Philippine in particlar) that we staff received this when they were an infant.

Oct 26, 2017
It's nice to see the White House finally reluctantly admit that we can expect 100k+ dead.

Yeah it's basically been this though...

tumblr_odum0fk31x1qaedvuo1_500.gifv

A bizarre detachment from the on-going crisis.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
This is the first time I actually went to pick up food during dinner time, again also for my mom. It's just so wild walking into a taco place and taking two steps and seeing like a group of like 12 people waiting for the orders. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for restaurants right now but it drove me up a wall seeing all these people standing and waiting to order or to pick up and the one cashier still taking GrubHub orders or orders over the phone.

It's like businesses should really be careful about stuff like that, serve people who are there already before you just keep bringing more and more people to wait in your tight enclosed space.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time I actually went to pick up food during dinner time, again also for my mom. It's just so wild walking into a taco place and taking two steps and seeing like a group of like 12 people waiting for the orders. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for restaurants right now but it drove me up a wall seeing all these people standing and waiting to order or to pick up and the one cashier still taking GrubHub orders or orders over the phone.

It's like businesses should really be careful about stuff like that, serve people who are there already before you just keep bringing more and more people to wait in your tight enclosed space.
Yeah, I went to Chilis today and it was a parking lot with a serving tray besides every other parking space. They just came right up to my window and delivered the food. Passing by the empty mall and empty lots really hit it home for me today.

52club

Oct 27, 2017
Counting back ...

St. Patrick's Day Saturday celebration was 17 days ago
Primary voting was 14 days ago

Not sure about the rest of the state, but in Chicago I'm betting an enormous amount of people got the virus then, have been asymptomatic ever since, and just naturally spreading it at parks, the grocery store, etc.
We canceled the river dyeing and the parades, but the bars remained open.

I'd guess this is a result of the parks/beaches being open on that nice day about a week ago. Luckily the weather has been pretty shitty since then, especially near the lake.

Min

Oct 25, 2017

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
I really cant believe 100-200k people would die even if all our measures were done correctly. Are we sure they aren't just estimating high?

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
I'd guess this is a result of the parks/beaches being open on that nice day about a week ago. Luckily the weather has been pretty shitty since then, especially near the lake.
The repercussions are delayed for something like Spring Break. It can be several weeks from some college kid getting infected, to the person they infect getting sick, then going to the hospital, then getting tested and then getting results.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I really cant believe 100-200k people would die even if all our measures were done correctly. Are we sure they aren't just estimating high?
But they weren't and still aren't done correctly. This is like last resort and we're still not fully locked down. Correctly is testing and tracing and locking down much earlier.

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017

Sadly, 100-200k deaths in the US is currently the low ball, best case scenario estimate.

If anything, we are estimating far too low, because our fucking narcissistic sociopath "President" has still done LITERALLY NOTHING at the national level to make mass testing happen, to close anything down, to limit gatherings, or even get doctor's the equipment they need.

Last edited:

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
100,000-200,000 is like .03-.06 percent of the population, so, yeah, I don't think people are mentally prepared for the death toll we could see. This dwarfs 9/11 and recent wars we've been in by several magnitudes, as far as U.S. casualties. I'm still hoping that social distancing will help us though.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Lockdown can only do so much while alot of other states refused to, did it really late. or half ass it.

The lack of supplies and test kits alone will kill alot of people because of this stupid dumb fuck.

iyox

Oct 25, 2017
Lockdown can only do so much while alot of other states refused to, did it really late. or half ass it.

The lack of supplies and test kits alone will kill alot of people because of this stupid dumb fuck.

Has Florida even locked down yet? Georgia? NYC is undoubtedly bad, but these other places had warning and still failed to do anything.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I'm seeing a lot home remedy shares on FB. WTF?!

Kinda disappointed about this. Shows real lack of scientific understanding and literacy.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
By this time tomorrow the US will be well over 200k cases, doubling Italy's number (or nearly doing so) which are already shocking.

The total number of deaths should be too far off as well, at this ridiculous pace...

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
In the US, we have 5 hours left in the day and there has already been:

- 912 new deaths
- 24,742 new cases

Absolutely insane. We're about to pass 200,000 cases and 4000 deaths.

We need a mandatory NATIONAL shutdown NOW. Only truly essential businesses should be allowed open.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I work for a paint company. Luckily no one has been laid off as of yet. Our stores are still open but providing pickup/dropoff services. My manager sent out an email that said overall of course commercial business is down, individual purchases for home painting is up.