• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My friend caught it. She has minor symptoms, but says that she lost most of her sense of smell like people have been reporting.

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017
Went to my doctor yesterday as I was having stomach and chest pains. It was what I thought it probably was: stress. I work retail and have a family at home. I am now on some pills for anxiety

Takes care of yourselves during this please.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Good news, the test came back negative and they figured out what was wrong with me. It was actually a number of things. My pneumonia gave me a case of septic shock, which explains the incident last Saturday, so they gave me some antibiotics. Issue number two was I been taking too much Zinc. I would take ZMA before going to bed then I'd have a multivitamin in the morning. Plus I was pounding emergen c (which has zinc) when I was sick. So all of this was the perfect storm. So I've been taking my antibiotics and cut out all the zinc for a while and I've been feeling better.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain:
-72248 infected (+8189, 12.7% increase, yesterday was 14%)
-5690 dead (+832, 17.1% increase, yesterday was 18.8%)
-12248 recovered (+2891, 30% increase, huge increase that puts Spain at bigger number of recovered than Italy)

any word on if Spain is collecting the plasma of the recovered? That's a hearty number.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Good news, the test came back negative and they figured out what was wrong with me. It was actually a number of things. My pneumonia gave me a case of septic shock, which explains the incident last Saturday, so they gave me some antibiotics. Issue number two was I been taking too much Zinc. I would take ZMA before going to bed then I'd have a multivitamin in the morning. Plus I was pounding emergen c (which has zinc) when I was sick. So all of this was the perfect storm. So I've been taking my antibiotics and cut out all the zinc for a while and I've been feeling better.

Glad that all went okay and that you're feeling better!

Since I started working remotely for nearly 2 weeks now it at least rules that that if I get Covid it won't be from any time I was taking the tube in London. Hopefully. Fingers crossed.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
When they say "recovered" - are they 100% recovered or do they still have the virus particles inside and are still able to have a relapse?

I don't know what is scarier.
- you can be reinfected and immunization is worthless
- you are a carrier of the virus for months and MAYBE(?) you yourself are immune?

Kitad

Banned
Feb 15, 2018
This is treading pretty close to conspiracy theory stuff, where China is so powerful as to successfully hide millions of deaths, but somehow so incompetent as to miss something like urn sales or cell phone subscribers that give it all away.

Doesn't seem so farfetched to me... One is reporting a n official statistic from a government body. The others are externally verifiable figures about citizen behavior

EDebs1916

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Scientists and engineers in Illinois have been putting in some work:

Covid test approved by the FDA that gives results in minutes
www.chicagobusiness.com

Abbott launches 5-minute COVID-19 test

The North Chicago medical device maker plans to make the new tests available around the country next week.

U if I engineers create a portable ventilator that can plug into the oxygen tank in most hospital rooms

www.chambanamoms.com

Illinois College of Engineering and Carle Produce Prototype Emergency Ventilator to Fight COVID-19

Invention could help to alleviate the nationwide lack of ventilators used to treat patients of coronavirus.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan

As a Taiwanese I can say I'm very proud of my country, it's crazy to think that we are literally right next to China and yet so far only 200+ cases and 2 deaths.
The Tsai government did an incredible job, seriously best vote I've ever given out in my life.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
not sure what's going on with Madonna,i've probably missed something,but the comments are trash.Twitter is the worst.

I was curious after your post, and one of the first comments had a picture of a dead child in it. NSFL.

The horrible thing is, if I were brave enough to go back to Twitter and wanted to report that, Twitter wouldn't do shit and just suggest that I ignore that user.

Is it safe to go on a nature trail?

No. Don't go on a nature trail. Remember the pictures of crowded trails. Also, if something were to happen to you and you need medical attention because of it - you'd take up the extremely limited time of exhausted caregivers.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
My daddy said he had the coronavirus :( he was totally delirious but still,its scary to even think this virus could have something to do with it.

God bless you dad, he is in a better place now.just a few days ago he was perfectly healthy

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
not sure what's going on with Madonna,i've probably missed something,but the comments are trash.Twitter is the worst.
I briefly looked into it. Some sort of QAnon conspiracy where they claim:
1. Celebrities are suffering from a withdrawal of some drug they can't get
2. They're using this as an excuse to commit suicide and claim it was the virus to escape child abuse allegations
or something along those lines, standard conspiracy theory stuff

Jun 6, 2019

it's a Qanon conspiracy about Mark Blum drinking kid's blood. They think the corona virus is fake and what's happening in reality is that Trump has defeated the child blood (andochrome or whatever the fuck) suppliers and people are dying from withdrawals, not the corona virus.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I briefly looked into it. Some sort of QAnon conspiracy where they claim:
1. Celebrities are suffering from a withdrawal of some drug they can't get
2. They're using this as an excuse to commit suicide and claim it was the virus to escape child abuse allegations
or something along those lines, standard conspiracy theory stuff
You can't tell me drugs aren't a part of the creative process of these conspiracies lol

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
it's a Qanon conspiracy about Mark Blum drinking kid's blood. They think the corona virus is fake and what's happening in reality is that Trump has defeated the child blood (andochrome or whatever the fuck) suppliers and people are dying from withdrawals, not the corona virus.
It's time to take the internet away. Jesus christ people will believe anything.

Bigjig

Jun 4, 2018

As a Taiwanese I can say I'm very proud of my country, it's crazy to think that we are literally right next to China and yet so far only 200+ cases and 2 deaths.
The Tsai government did an incredible job, seriously best vote I've ever given out in my life.

What's it like in Taiwan at the moment? Regular life or everyone in lockdown?

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017

Eh Taiwan got lucky due to political reasons. Before the outbreak began, China already banned all citizens from visiting Taiwan to give their tourism industry (Taiwan's main economy nowadays) pressure. So whatever cases they had were just peeps working in China coming back for CNY.

A better example would be how HK handled it considering it shares a border with China and is a hub which most Chinese use as a transfer point for traveling in SE Asia.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
We're approaching our last week until my wife's scheduled c-section of our 2nd child. We're pretty scared to bring a baby into this mess. The scarier part is that my job is being threatened more and more each day. The hospital network I work for has had an extremely low census (not a lot of cases in our part of Ohio) and without all of the services and surgeries that had to be stopped, they're losing money fast. A large chunk of staff have already been furloughed and that's suppose to end on April 6th, but we all know this situation isn't going to get better any time soon. Management is talking about rotating folks who are on furlough with those who were not if it's extended (which it will be), so that means I'm most likely next (even though it's totally fair).

My wife is only going to make 2/3 of her pay while on maternity leave and without my income and two children this is going to put me in a very bad spot. I just got a big promotion at the beginning of March and I worked very hard to get where I am only to be on the cusp of losing it all. Terrifying times...

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
What's it like in Taiwan at the moment? Regular life or everyone in lockdown?

Regular life.
All businesses still operate as usual, the mask industry definitely stonked, god bless them.

I still have to go to work everyday, which sucks cause I want to play more Doom Eternal.
People still live their life normally but they are all wearing masks when outside, and ethanol-based sanitizer are everywhere for everyone to use.

We have news reporting and monitoring new cases daily.
99% of the new cases are Taiwanese returning from the West, the rest 1% are what we're worried about.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
52 new cases in Slovenia, that bring total to 684

People are not staying at home, coastline and mountains are full of people from other regions. "It is a beautiful day, let's go for a walk in the mountains" and bam, all parking lots are like it is a normal winter weekend.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
Regular life.
All businesses still operate as usual, the mask industry definitely stonked, god bless them.

I still have to go to work everyday, which sucks cause I want to play more Doom Eternal.
People still live their life normally but they are all wearing masks when outside, and ethanol-based sanitizer are everywhere for everyone to use.

Masks everywhere. :)

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No. Don't go on a nature trail. Remember the pictures of crowded trails. Also, if something were to happen to you and you need medical attention because of it - you'd take up the extremely limited time of exhausted caregivers.

I disagree. It's important for your mental health to go on walks and trails. Make sure they are open (if they closed them respect that) and make sure you avoid any areas that are crowded.

I doubt he's going to just break a leg going on a normal nature walk. By that metric you shouldn't do any home projects either, or hobbies that use power tools, or lift weights at home, or cook. It's fine and our city is even blocking off roads while we are in shelter in place to give people more space to walk/run without being close.

Be smart, stay away from others, don't do anything dangerous, but it's good to go outside.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Eh Taiwan got lucky due to political reasons. Before the outbreak began, China already banned all citizens from visiting Taiwan to give their tourism industry (Taiwan's main economy nowadays) pressure. So whatever cases they had were just peeps working in China coming back for CNY.

A better example would be how HK handled it considering it shares a border with China and is a hub which most Chinese use as a transfer point for traveling in SE Asia.

You're right HK did an incredible job, but hey we did alright too.

undecided

Oct 27, 2017
in ten days? isn't that too late

I would assume that is a statistical calculation. When the infection rate hits a certain point, the risk to any individual becomes high enough that everyone needs to wear masks.

If everyone wore masks before that (and Americans won't for many dumb reasons), it would hopefully prevent that trajectory, but to top it off nobody can get masks anyway.

LFMartins86

Nov 7, 2017
Portugal:

- 5170 infected (+902, 21% increase)
- 100 dead (+24, 31% increase)
- 43 recovered (same as yesterday)

The Portuguese Health Minister has just told reporters that the government now expects COVID-19 to peak in late May, which means that the curve is flattening (the original prediction was mid-April).
Man, DGS keeps getting the numbers in the Azores wrong. The regional department of health has just confirmed that we are at 27 cases and not the 30 that DGS claims.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Just filled out Unemployment for the first time ever because of all this. Luckily the site worked fine, so I suppose I'm good to go.