• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
We're not projected to hit the crazy peak-levels for a few more weeks. And we're really not doing anything that will actually prevent it. It's going to be...rough.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018

It's not even the best one

EUE3xlcXQAAHh_e

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Chile is headed to total collapse, Italy levels, thanks to the Health Minister:

Scientist in charge of the projection of the epidemic in Chile: "The collapse of the entire health system is inevitable and is estimated between May and June"

www.elmostrador.cl

Científico a cargo de la proyección de la epidemia en Chile: “El colapso de todo el sistema de salud es inevitable y se estima entre mayo y junio”

Tomás Pérez-Acle, biólogo computacional y subdirector de la Fundación Ciencia y Vida, quien hoy lidera el grupo de científicos encargados de la proyección de la pandemia en el país, es muy claro. Si hubiéramos tomado las medidas hace tres...

The scientist regrets that, although they have repeatedly asked the health authority, headed by Jaime Mañalich, The data of those infected by the commune in the country, the Ministry of Health does not deliver the information, despite being requested through the Ministry of Science. "That is a battle that we have been fighting since we started with the projections, especially now that our calculations are being taken by the Government as inputs to make the decisions. But unfortunately the data is not flowing, we have not been able to extend our projections to everything the country, which is something absolutely relevant, is more, it is urgent to do so. The worst case scenario with this is that the projection of the saturation of the health system, which could be between the end of May and the middle of June, is incorrect and the collapse occurs, for example, in mid-April. "

Muu

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If Twitter counts as official statements from the white house and he commented "invoke p" and p means the defense protection act, does that count as him invoking the defense protection act? can some aides just run with it so we get shit going or are they too busy sucking up to him to notice?

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The scary thing to consider in all of this is how many people could be asymptomatic carriers and not know it because people aren't generally being proactively tested.

Oct 25, 2017

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't actually watched any of the Cuomo conferences before but he is phenomenal in this moment. I don't know what criticisms outside of this people might have of him but I feel assured for the people of NY by him being in charge and speaking strongly & factually.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Coming into work is eerie especially since i am the only one here (still coming into office because I work in IT so I am deemed essential)

Thankfully next week I can work from home since my coworker will be working onsite

My manager is quarantined due to traveling and my director is on vacation even though the guidelines say a manager and a regular employee are suppose to be onsite 😂

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
Cuomo giving a damn war speech to soldiers lol

Because he, unlike Trump, understands we are at war with this virus, and that things are about to get really bad in New York.

After listening to Trump for 3 years, it's so refreshing to hear someone speak who sounds like an actual leader.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
we're gonna be stuck in our homes for a year until a vaccine comes out aren't we
Who knows, we don't have any intel on why this decision was made outside of this article. Best to just wait and see, but it's hard to imagine the world going back to 'normal' this year yeah. Less restrictions, most likely. Complete freedom? Nah.

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is that idiot from work who emails you in all caps, and thinks exclamation points make things get done faster.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): Ignoring staff post, posting poorly sourced material
Hard watch, I still have tears rolling down my face.
Italy, Spain, even France could be running out soon. It's a f* nightmare.
mod edit- video removed

Last edited by a moderator:

iyox

Oct 25, 2017
This has to be a parody....right?

Just lining up his finger pointing; "Governors wouldn't open states back up and killed the economy", "General motors and Ford wouldn't make ventilators". He's hoping he can avoid actually implementing anything, because by trying to do something and having it fail, is worse than doing nothing and blaming others. Politically that is.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
User banned (1 week) ignoring staff post, posting poorly sourced material
Just had this video shared with me by a friend in Cambodia, showing how the police are enforcing a lockdown there

mod edit: let's not use unsourced videos

Last edited by a moderator:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
70% of the country could be on fire and Trump's first thought would still be "we're losing so much money on this!".

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
It truly baffles my mind how trump and his cronies have somehow completely redefined what the federal government is supposed to do. "It's up to states to deal with disasters". I mean everything out of his mouth is just complete nonsense and the other hacks like dr. Birx are just as bad

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
we're gonna be stuck in our homes for a year until a vaccine comes out aren't we
Sure as hell hope not, at the very least for the vulnerable and elderly that live alone and that can't even leave the house or see family members until that time comes. They're under house arrest, and can't even get groceries delivered because those services are overwhelmed by people who can still leave their houses if they needed to.

This is a seriously fucked up time to be a senior, and I wish the news would highlight their plight more, because there is this almost calming influence in the news to the idea that its "only" seriously affecting the 75+ crowd.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Really depends on the treatment.

It feels like if all these rumors of antivirals and such working were true then we'd actually see some progress, but we're not really.
Based on what Dr. Fauci said yesterday, there's so many in the pipeline that they're going to begin clinical trials on, that once one proves ineffective, they'll immediately move on to the next. We probably won't hear much until clinical trials are done. The whole point in social distancing now is to flatten the curve, so when treatments are available, the hospitals aren't overloaded. In a perfect world, hopefully the states that aren't hit as hard and are able to slow down the spread with treatments will be able to help out states that are completely overrun.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
So...... do the projections in death count the lack of ventilators? What would the death rate be without them?

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Sure as hell hope not, at the very least for the vulnerable and elderly that live alone and that can't even leave the house or see family members until that time comes. They're under house arrest, and can't even get groceries delivered because those services are overwhelmed by people who can still leave their houses if they needed to.

This is a seriously fucked up time to be a senior, and I wish the news would highlight their plight more, because there is this almost calming influence in the news to the idea that its "only" seriously affecting the 75+ crowd.

I was glad that my sister and I live close to our mom that we could get stuff for her, but now we are both quarantined...