• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh fuck oh fuck

my uncle lives with my 90 year old grandma, he's her care taker. She is bedridden, she can't get up anymore for the past year, so he feeds her, bathes, her, gets her out of bed for exercise, etc. He touches her all over.

We think he might have the corona virus. He has all the symptoms right now, they've just started flaring up. My uncle works with homeless people at a shelter and has been helping since the virus started to really explode in the US, and thus has been around lots of people unprotected lately.

This is a nightmare scenario, if my grandma gets this, which if my uncle has it she certainly will because he touches her every day, she's going to die for sure. Oh my god I'm so fucking upset right now.
Damn i hope everything goes well for you and your family

Last edited:

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Fauci saying he's confident knowing how the virus works that they will find a treatment within the next month or so that provides at least half- or full- protection toward the progression of the virus is the good news I needed to hear. Here's to hoping that comes to fruition.

That's to be expected because there are enough patients in the world to run "drug trials" on off-label and compassionate grounds.

Even if it's not a double-blinded study, having that many patients could result in something being found sooner rather than later.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
3D imagery of permanent damage in the lung
Did anyone see this video? Sorry if already posted. I was like wtf

She had no insurance.

Her Treatment Cost $34,972.

This explains why uninsured bills are always insanely high. It's pretty dumb how the system works. For anyone uninsured, they must negotiate the bill with the hospital themselves.

truecostofhealthcare.org

Hospital Billing - True Cost of Healthcare

My new book The Great American Healthcare Scam: How Kickbacks, Collusion and Propaganda have Exploded Healthcare Costs in the United States Can now be purchased on Amazon. Here are the links: Paperback eBook Spending time in the hospital is very expensive. Rather than giving you an itemized list...

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Whoa. Colorado jumped up to 1430 case, up almost 40% from yesterday. Yikes.
Up 344 from yesterday is a 32% increase, which is pretty much the normal daily increase in most locations. It's good that's basically been Colorado's max, but doing slightly better than normal isn't good when the normal is so bad.

Hopefully the strict lockdown we've finally done will help. The delay in catching it, showing symptoms and testing positive for it is very long so it might take a bit for the lockdown effects to show up in the overall data.

wOyjseQ.png

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I decided I'd stop going out so frequently and stock up on stuff for a week.

It seemed like a lot more people were out than in previous days, which is not good. They even had the landscapers around my place out working.

On the good side, most places are seemingly getting serious about distancing. Strict places to stand in line with signs telling people to keep six feet away from each other, all that. I don't plan to go out again aside to take out the trash for days.

Astior

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 15, 2020
oh fuck oh fuck

my uncle lives with my 90 year old grandma, he's her care taker. She is bedridden, she can't get up anymore for the past year, so he feeds her, bathes, her, gets her out of bed for exercise, etc. He touches her all over.

We think he might have the corona virus. He has all the symptoms right now, they've just started flaring up. My uncle works with homeless people at a shelter and has been helping since the virus started to really explode in the US, and thus has been around lots of people unprotected lately.

This is a nightmare scenario, if my grandma gets this, which if my uncle has it she certainly will because he touches her every day, she's going to die for sure. Oh my god I'm so fucking upset right now.

You should not only worry for your grandmother but for your uncle too, this idea that the virus kill only the elders is just a joke. Last week I lost a co-worker (56y no previous disease) and today a guy I used to play destiny with (30y) died too.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Fauci saying he's confident knowing how the virus works that they will find a treatment within the next month or so that provides at least half- or full- protection toward the progression of the virus is the good news I needed to hear. Here's to hoping that comes to fruition.
I really never thought about finding a treatment for a new virus since, well, everything seems to have a treatment. It's so surreal that the entire world is looking for a treatment and none has been found yet. Hopefully someone finds one as soon as possible.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
*sigh* Why do they act like this is THEIR money, I feel and they just don't want to give it up? Just pay the people...

You're talking about something like 150 million payments going out while tax season is in progress. Expecting that to happen in a few days, when the bill hasn't even passed the House isn't realistic.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
been ordering this week from a local restaurant since the stimulus package was on the way. I mean i REALLY badly want to order a WiFi 6 Ubiquiti router with some of that money, but i think I can just get that through my normal work schedule and means.....this really badly needs to go into the local businesses.

But damn do i need to start doing some pushups or situps because I am going to balloon. Didn't think their chicken parm sandwhich was this massive.

Also here is why they shut all the shit down in chicago.......because people are stupid

like come the fuck on people, you thought this was ok? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
Brazil will start to suspend lockdown next week. If Bolsonaro is right he will teach the world lockdown is a waste. Let's see what happens.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
been ordering this week from a local restaurant since the stimulus package was on the way. I mean i REALLY badly want to order a WiFi 6 Ubiquiti router with some of that money, but i think I can just get that through my normal work schedule and means.....this really badly needs to go into the local businesses.

But damn do i need to start doing some pushups or situps because I am going to balloon. Didn't think their chicken parm sandwhich was this massive.

Also here is why they shut all the shit down in chicago.......because people are stupid

like come the fuck on people, you thought this was ok? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU

people just read "it's okay to go outside to exercise" and ignore the part that is "if you maintain the 6 foot social distance" part.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This explains why uninsured bills are always insanely high. It's pretty dumb how the system works. For anyone uninsured, they must negotiate the bill with the hospital themselves.
Hospitals can decide to just stop doing that, at least for now, and it's insane that don't seem to even consider it.
People always point fingers at insurance companies in the US, and they are indeed fucking awful, but the way hospitals runs in this country is fucking shameful as well.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
You're talking about something like 150 million payments going out while tax season is in progress. Expecting that to happen in a few days, when the bill hasn't even passed the House isn't realistic.

I think I'm mostly frustrated that they keep changing the number and they still need to approve it and disagree and it goes on like that.

people just read "it's okay to go outside to exercise" and ignore the part that is "if you maintain the 6 foot social distance" part.

It's hard to go anywhere without a destination in mind, so I get why people head to popular trails and parks... but that's where you want to avoid. I went around a few blocks around my neighborhood last night. Some runners and they will run a lengthy distance around if they see you coming. The park has more people and they take their kids but say "don't play on the playground" which is sure kind of a tease, but little neighborhood parks in general just get busy anyways.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm naive but I'm really surprised that we are still seeing supply issues at our grocery stores. I never see pasta or pasta sauce. Toilet paper and paper towels are scarce and just forget about Purcell/Clorox Wipes etc.

I do see meat and milk and veggies are always gone.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Could things improve by June?

Plateau, maybe? We need true lockdown, and we need every state to agree to the same measures.

What is going through their head? I'd love for each and every one of them to be interviewed. I want to understand..

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm naive but I'm really surprised that we are still seeing supply issues at our grocery stores. I never see pasta or pasta sauce. Toilet paper and paper towels are scarce and just forget about Purcell/Clorox Wipes etc.

production of such products doesn't just increase overnight. You can only ramp up production so much, and then you still have to pack and ship it.

it will get fixed, but it's going to take a few weeks.

Kyussons

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
unlimited Eurobonds without a fiscal Union is suicide.

You may see Germany, Austria, Netherland, Finland, etc. blocking Eurobonds. But the other side of the coin is, that Spain, Italy, Greece, etc. are blocking fiscal responsibility and oversight mechanisms.
A country could double its debt with Eurobonds and the EU could do nothing.

The failure to make Eurobonds is not the problem. The failure to make a fiscal union is.

You know Germany is against the fiscal union, right ? Because fiscal union means the next step is issuing EuroBonds and we all know Germany, the Netherlands & Finland dont want to pay more to borrow money.

And your claim that southern countries arent following the fiscal limits is bullshit, just look at the covid death numbers from Italy & Spain, both countries healthcare systems suffered downsizing & cuts since 2008 to achieve the debt limits imposed from the EU.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017

give it time, i know in my area since the stay at home order got announced stuff is starting to pop up. Toilet paper still can be a little rough....but its doable at certain stores and times. I see milk and veggies everywhere, but forget fruit man. Cleaning is also hit or miss.........Pasta i see sauce, especially premium sauce.....but i can find Lasagna whenever i want because apparently it being a different noodle scares people lol

Jan 31, 2018
The global anti-vaccination movement could cause a resurgence of the deadly coronavirus outbreak and others like it in the years to come, experts have warned.

Laboratories around the world are rushing to create a vaccine that will stop the spread of the Covid-19 virus. Scientists anticipate it will take more than a year to discover and test such a drug.

But public health officials say the growth of the so-called "anti-vax" movement across the world may mean that its usefulness is limited.

"We need a vaccine. However, the vaccine is only effective in preventing the disease if we have appropriate vaccine uptake," said Dr Scott Ratzan, founder of the International Working Group (IWG) on Vaccination and Public Health Solutions.

"If people do not take the vaccine and we do not have exposure to a level that would have overall community 'immunity' we could have a resurgence in cases of Covid-19 or the next coronavirus," said Dr Ratzan, who is also a distinguished lecturer at the CUNY Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy.

www.independent.co.uk

Anti-vaccination movement could derail fight against coronavirus, experts warn

More than 10 percent of Americans say they would not take a coronavirus vaccine

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Thebox

Dec 26, 2019
Hospitals can decide to just stop doing that, at least for now, and it's insane that don't seem to even consider it.
People always point fingers at insurance companies in the US, and they are indeed fucking awful, but the way hospitals runs in this country is fucking shameful as well.

Yeah, we just got a $14 bill yesterday from the hospital threatening to send us to collections, lol. Yes over $14 I didn't even know we owed

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not an anti-vaxxer by any stretch of the imagination but even I'm worried about any vaccine produced under the cloud of this administration. Trump's bombastic claims and willingness to cut corners feed these concerns more than anything.

This is the same reasoning any anti-vaxxer gives, stupid conspiracy bullshit. FFS don't fall in the same trap, Trump isn't making the vaccine himself.

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019

This angers me so fucking much. Two days ago it was the same in Scottsdale. Many people are taking this pandemic as a fucking vacation.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not an anti-vaxxer by any stretch of the imagination but even I'm worried about any vaccine produced under the cloud of this administration. Trump's bombastic claims and willingness to cut corners feed these concerns more than anything.

this largely assumes a level of genetic engineering available that currently doesn't exist. These kinds of conspiracy theories rise up because people want to assume that we, humanity, are in more control than we actually are.

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is the same reasoning any anti-vaxxer gives, stupid conspiracy bullshit. FFS don't fall in the same trap, Trump isn't making the vaccine himself.

...no, it isn't. Trump is demonstrably asserting influence over the FDA to rapidly approve treatments. They're already skipping animal trials for a number of vaccine candidates. Those aren't conspiracy theories; they're objectively verifiable facts.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
While delivering for Amazon today I leaned that if you are 65+ and in groups of ten or more, you are immune to COVID-19 as long as you are in groups on a golf course.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
...no, it isn't. Trump is demonstrably asserting influence over the FDA to rapidly approve treatments. They're already skipping animal trials for a number of vaccine candidates. Those aren't conspiracy theories; they're objectively verifiable facts.

They're fast tracking stuff, so? You expect them not to considering how shit is going down? It'll still go through rigorous testing before being offered to the public.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know people are projecting about 18 months before a Vaccine is widely available but wouldn't the time it's circulated in Asia earlier this year mean it could take a shorter time?