• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I've done the same twice. They must get it a lot cuz they were fuckin dicks about it both times. Shows how powerful and physical a panic attack can be, I have small ones semi-regularly and I still can't tell the difference between a severe one and an actual hard attack.

We do see it a lot in ED and yeah some doctors and nurses are dicks about it. Not saying I agree with that attitude.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, the Ministry of Health in Brasil said that the "quarantines started too early."

They're planning on reopening the churches as soon as possible too.

Fucking disgusting spineless hacks.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I've struggled with anxiety for years, and now I personally feel okay in myself, but everytime my brother lets out a cough to clear his throat I get into a mental panic for his sake. I constantly fear the worst with my family and there's nothing I can do about it, they're smart and sensible enough but I want to just grab them, lock them in a nice house and keep them there until I know it's safe for them.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
We do see it a lot in ED and yeah some doctors and nurses are dicks about it. Not saying I agree with that attitude.
Yeah it kind of sucks. I've been dealing with it for years. A couple years back I had constant panic attacks 24/7 for a whole week. Nobody will ever give me medication for it so I just gave up and try to control it with breathing excercises. I have a long beard and dreadlocks down to my waist and every doctor I see about it assumes I'm a drug seeker and brushes me off

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
[
At this pace America could be number one in positive cases. At least Trump gets his America First...

In two days at this pace...

It will be very soon.
The contagion curve is crazy.

But I mean...that much was obvious after Trump's indecision 2/3 weeks ago, when there were only "600 reported cases".
That figure was downplayed and it wasn't a huge number per se, but anyone who took a look at the map realised the disaster that was coming; it wasn't 600 cases in the same city which could have been kept under control. Not even in the same state. It was 600 cases uniformly distributed across the entire US. Not a big red circle, but dozens, hundreds of red dots spread across the map.
Anyone could have guessed what was going to happen.

At this stage I can see Trump getting frustrated at not being able to control it and just say fuck it, we're opening everything.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is really going to make all these governors kiss the ring in their daily press conferences in order to get supplies. And all he wants are sound bytes he can piece together of Dems praising him for election commercials.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
God fucking dammit Brix, the reason Wuhan/Hubei only had an infection rate of whatever-low-% is because they completely locked the fuck down like a prison.

and that rate is likely not true at all considering they had crematoriums running 24/7 at some point. no one knows what the rate is for wuhan in reality. certainly not what is officially stated but no one can tell.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Finally got face to face with a doc after 8 days of this nonsense. "Sounds like a viral infection". Ran an EKG on me too for my tightness in my chest.

left with steroids and a good luck.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I have a quick question. Can someone who tests positive for the virus get over it eventually and not develop any symptoms the entire time? Or do symptoms always develop eventually?

Based on some testing (in Iceland and in one Italian village where they tested absolutely everyone regardless of symptoms) it seems so far that more than 50% of the infected are completely asymptomatic. Which is good news because the true mortality will be lower than they thought, probably, but it's bad news because even the asymptomatic people are contagious.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
why the fuck are they continuing to push this 15 days number. That isnt long enough. idiots. they are going to literally crash the country.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Finally got face to face with a doc after 8 days of this nonsense. "Sounds like a viral infection". Ran an EKG on me too for my tightness in my chest.

oof...

why the fuck are they continuing to push this 15 days number. That isnt long enough. idiots. they are going to literally crash the country.

germany is also playing with the idea to ease up everything after easter, younger people will be allowed to go out then while older folks or people at risk will have to care for themselves...because economy.

Astior

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 15, 2020
Based on some testing (in Iceland and in one Italian village where they tested absolutely everyone regardless of symptoms) it seems so far that more than 50% of the infected are completely asymptomatic. Which is good news because the true mortality will be lower than they thought, probably, but it's bad news because even the asymptomatic people are contagious.

Abolutely this, it is actually proven that kids (0-9) are more likely to not show any symptoms at all but still be contagious.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I met with my doc on the 12th for my yearly physical. I brought up coronavirus and my concern about high BP and shit. He basically spouted off some nonsense about how I shouldn't be worried at my age (40) and that I've probably already had it. LOLWUT?

yeah no, it might be time for a new doctor.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Over half? That's crazy.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
If we could push for mass serological testing, it'd be a game-changer. We would find out that the true number of infected people is insanely higher than previously thought, and we could slowly let people who got the virus and recovered from it back to work without compromising the broader public health.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I don't have an N95 mask. I've got one of these:

f309c34f325d6b29e9e4f5381008dd21

If I put this in the oven, won't it catch on fire? LOL
It's a cloth mask. You wash it.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
article about italy/china connections. interesting to say at least.

thediplomat.com

China, Italy, and Coronavirus: Geopolitics and Propaganda

In Italy, China is no longer thought of as the origin of COVID-19, but as a friend in a time of dire need.

if someone didn´t know about it, read up about the belt and road initiative(one belt, one road)
China has been investing in businesses, buying them out and gaining influence over smaller European countries for a while now. But Italy is a big one. This is worrying.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just walked to the top of a lonely, trail-less hill overlooking my town, and there are at least three times as many people out on the streets and sidewalks as there were two days ago.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
I just walked to the top of a lonely, trail-less hill overlooking my town, and there are at least three times as many people out on the streets and sidewalks as there were two days ago.
I don't know what the weather is like where you are, but in my country, oh I fuckin guarantee once the weather warms up people are gonna be out and about. Yesterday was already about 5ish Celsius warmer than the day before and I counted 30 people where I'd normally count 4-5.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

quite a few

german faz.net (reputable newspaper)

www.faz.net

Wahrheit von Wuhan: Wieso gibt’s Überstunden im Krematorium?

Der Journalist Li Zehua wurde verhaftet, weil er über die Wahrheit von Wuhan berichten wollte. Das macht tieftraurig, spendet aber auch Hoffnung. Denn solche jungen Männer und Frauen braucht China. Ein Gastbeitrag.

translates to "overtime in the crematorium"

or

www.rfa.org

Funeral Homes in China's Wuhan 'Working 24/7 to Cremate Bodies'

Funeral homes in the city are overwhelmed amid the coronavirus epidemic, and are advertising for round-the-clock workers at premium wages.

nypost.com

China’s culture of lies has helped spread coronavirus

The video out of China’s Hubei province is heartbreaking: A young woman stands outside the doors of a hospital while a body bag is unceremoniously dumped in the back of a hospital van. As the vehic…

you can find more infos if you want to

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know what the weather is like where you are, but in my country, oh I fuckin guarantee once the weather warms up people are gonna be out and about. Yesterday was already about 5ish Celsius warmer than the day before and I counted 30 people where I'd normally count 4-5.

Most people would consider this good weather, but it's cold and grey by local standards for this time of year.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
smfh

Any hope of G7 foreign ministers releasing a joint statement on the fight against COVID-19 was killed today after the U.S. insisted the document refer to it as the "Wuhan virus."

As originally reported by Der Spiegel, and according to sources with knowledge of the situation, when U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo insisted the novel coronavirus be referred to by the name of the Chinese city where the outbreak first appeared, ministers from other countries refused to agree.

G7 foreign ministers had planned to meet in Pittsburgh this week to discuss a range of issues. However, the in-person meeting was swapped for a video conference because of the pandemic.

According to one source, bureaucrats from each country had hoped to come up with a joint statement about the pandemic's impact ahead of the meeting.

Those talks did not get very far, and a proposed statement never reached politicians ahead of the teleconference.

During the meeting itself, however, one of the ministers revisited the idea of issuing a joint statement.

Sources say that's when Pompeo said the U.S. wanted to refer to COVID-19 as the "Wuhan virus."

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
That article about the 24/7 cremation has and interesting hiring note...

"The ad calls for applicants aged 16-50 years old, regardless of gender, with "bold and strong" personalities who have no fear of ghosts"

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Got tested on Saturday and the hospital calls me today to tell me that my results are still pending. I can't say I'm too thrilled about that.

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is there some obvious reason why italy and spain are getting wrecked so much worse than most places? i read it was because of the aging population, but surely they're not that much older?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
How come New York had 114 deaths yesterday and only 14 today?
New infections aren't distributed evenly neither geographically nor temporally.

Some of the people initially infected might have only spread it one or two people at a certain date, whereas a superspreader might have infected hundreds of people that were all congregated together on a different date.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017

If they don't, then they're going to crash it for the places still trying to take it serious.

I fully expect it to be out of control in Colorado Springs and Greeley by the end of the month and people traveling into metro Denver to cause it to spiral out of control despite most of the metro locking shit down this week.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
is there some obvious reason why italy and spain are getting wrecked so much worse than most places? i read it was because of the aging population, but surely they're not that much older?

for spain

www.vox.com

How Spain’s coronavirus outbreak got so bad so fast

After a slow response from the government and the public, Spaniards now say "I will resist."

for italy...italy signed to join the one belt, one road initiative a year ago, that means many chinese workers were in italy in lombardy and tuscany region

www.independent.co.uk

What links China and northern Italy’s outbreak of coronavirus?

As northern Italy struggles with Europe’s first and largest outbreak of Covid-19, Robert Fisk examines the region’s links to China

there are scientific works about this too

www.researchgate.net

The rise of the Chinese regional cluster specializing in fashion in Lombardy : An evolutionary analysis | Request PDF

Request PDF | The rise of the Chinese regional cluster specializing in fashion in Lombardy : An evolutionary analysis | Purpose – This paper aims to investigate the rise of a Chinese fashion cluster in Lombardy. Design/methodology/approach – Three approaches and... | Find, read and cite all the...

couple that with a healthcare system which is not prepared for such an influx of patients and it is the recipe for disaster

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
How come New York had 114 deaths yesterday and only 14 today?
You're looking at the Worldometers numbers I assume?
Normally speaking Cuomo gives the new numbers every day around 1pm, which are then branded as that day's numbers even though it includes deaths from the previous day after 1pm and doesn't include numbers from the current day passed 1pm (so for example today's numbers were really the numbers for March 24th 1pm until March 25th 12.59pm). However, yesterday a website (NBC New York I believe it was) released a 2nd update at like 6pm which included dozens of new deaths which weren't yet included in Cuomo's presser 5 hours before it, but those weren't included in the official statistics until today.
Numbers released during Cuomo pressers were 75 deaths today, 53 yesterday and 43 on the 23rd.

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
You're looking at the Worldometers numbers I assume?
Normally speaking Cuomo gives the new numbers every day around 1pm, which are then branded as that day's numbers even though it includes deaths from the previous day after 1pm and doesn't include numbers from the current day passed 1pm (so for example today's numbers were really the numbers for March 24th 1pm until March 25th 12.59pm). However, yesterday a website (NBC New York I believe it was) released a 2nd update at like 6pm which included dozens of new deaths which weren't yet included in Cuomo's presser 5 hours before it, but those weren't included in the official statistics until today.
Numbers released during Cuomo pressers were 75 deaths today, 53 yesterday and 43 on the 23rd.

Ah that explains it. Yeah I was looking at Worldometers. Thanks.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017

Older population, polluted area, smokers. Another reason can be antibiotic resistant bacterias in Italy. The pneumnia and complications are often caused by bacterias (that the body normally could reject) after the virus has weakened the body. They use too much antibiotics in Italy, both to treat patients and in meat production.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Asking for a friend, but is there any word on certain states and counties freezing rent payments until these stimulus checks go out? Or at least until lockdowns are lifted?