• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get what Americans see in this guy.
He seems completely and utterly unprepared to lead this country into the future.
The only thing he has going for himself is that he is not Trump, which is a low bar.
That low bar is really important right now sadly. I've never been excited about Joe Biden but I at least expect him to surround himself with intelligent people with the right focus in mind, and not these ignorant sycophants.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't seen this anywhere and unlikely to mean anything but does Covid-19 affect bowels or anyone with IBS?

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't seen this anywhere and unlikely to mean anything but does Covid-19 affect bowels or anyone with IBS?

There have been a growing number of reports indicating that gastrointestinal distress is a more common symptom than previously thought. I don't recall seeing anything specifically about that as relates to IBS/Crohns/UC though.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
America's fucked, he's gonna try to remove the stay at home orders
That shouldn't be today.
Today will either be.
A. We passed a wonderful bill the biggest and most wonderful bill of all time to help the american people. and it's going to be so great and wonderful and save so many people so very many people because it's the bestest bill ever to be passed.

or

B. We were trying to pass a bill that would save millions of americans but the evil democrats are blocking the bill because they don't care about people they just care about their green new deal.

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
I know that Trump's good polling comes from a common American reaction to crises and that it might change, but my god...I would be crushed by Trump winning in November, but if it happens THIS WAY...I don't really know how we could go on.

Pockets

Oct 27, 2017

Mesmerized by evil, feasting on their lies
Too high on the smell of your own fear to realize
Spreading disease so they can sell the cure
Goodness is always diluted, and evil is always pure

Easter is cancelled, no more death and no rebirth
Peace on planet earth
Easter is cancelled, and the children do not dance
Give the world a chance

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
That low bar is really important right now sadly. I've never been excited about Joe Biden but I at least expect him to surround himself with intelligent people with the right focus in mind, and not these ignorant sycophants.
It'll be a bunch of neoliberals trying to restore the same system the US ran on for the past 40 years.
If there is one thing in the US that's always bipartisan its neoliberal economics. Free market fundamentalism as the solution to everything.
That's as dead of an end as you can find, has this current crisis and the climate crisis and all the social crisis constantly raging in the US not made this abundantly clear?

Yes, infinitely better than Trump. But come on...

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
If 32986 cases is the end result for Germany today, we only had a 13.53% increase.
Last 4 days:
March 21: 12.68%
March 22: 11.22%
March 23: 16.82% (cases got reported after the weekend)
March 24: 13.53%
I think that are very good numbers and far from the exponential growth of 33%, even though the strict measures are only since a few days.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be a bunch of neoliberals trying to restore the same system the US ran on for the past 40 years.
If there is one thing in the US that's always bipartisan its neoliberal economics. Free market fundamentalism as the solution to everything.
That's as dead of an end as you can find, has this current crisis and the climate crisis and all the social crisis constantly raging in the US not made this abundantly clear?
I'm sorry, are you comparing Biden to Trump or is this really about Bernie? I'm extremely liberal so when I see "neoliberal" I hesitate.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im very skinny, have a good health but still, very scared right now, my town up North went from 33 to 70 in one day.

I do all my work at home but i dread every time i have to go to the grocery store (i usually go at 8AM when it open) and i dont have a car so i go on foot

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
There have been a growing number of reports indicating that gastrointestinal distress is a more common symptom than previously thought. I don't recall seeing anything specifically about that as relates to IBS/Crohns/UC though.

Thanks, checking in as my family frequently get it and it's flared up for them lately. Keeping an eye out for them coughing/getting feverish and nothing yet on that front.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i had to go to the post office to drop something off and man there's a lot of people out and about

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
go in the mornings, my wife went to our local Walmart around 11am and they have almost everything we needed. Canned food was pretty barren so freezer food and produce was no issue

edit: you in an area that's been in lockdown for a bit? Ours has been and every day grocery stores seem more stocked

It's been kind of voluntary in my area, but county just issued a shelter in place order today.

Oct 27, 2017

Yes, infinitely better than Trump. But come on...
We have other threads to discuss this, let's keep things to the pandemic in here. Thank you.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Member states always need a crisis to give the EU more say and it looks like they agreed to allow the EU to start a crisis management agency.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
I'm sorry, are you comparing Biden to Trump or is this really about Bernie? I'm extremely liberal so when I see "neoliberal" I hesitate.
It's not about Bernie. It's mainly about my disappointment in Biden, especially during the corona crisis. Like seriously. This guy wants to be president and just disappears while his opponent is taking decisions that will cost incomprehensible numbers of lives. I don't get it.

Why do you hesitate when you see "neoliberal"?

We have other threads to discuss this, let's keep things to the pandemic in here. Thank you.
I kind of think that these topics are deeply intertwined.
Biden or Trump represent the possible ways out of the crisis.
Neoliberalism represents the ideology that is imo responsible for this fuck up of epic proportions. Its the ideology of greed, money over everything, profits over people. It's the ideology at the heart of every decision taken not favoring the well being of citizens first and foremost.

Now half the country is already debating sacrificing millions of people in order to protect a few rich people's assets.
Republicans already tried to bail out corporations no strings attached. Watch them use this crisis to redistribute wealth from bottom to top as that's all they seem to be good at, all they know how to do. That's neoliberalism.

I kind of don't think its good to have this thread just be about terrible numbers and more terrible news and not about causes and solutions as well.
But ok. I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
If 32986 cases is the end result for Germany today, we only had a 13.53% increase.
Last 4 days:
I think that are very good numbers and far from the exponential growth of 33%, even though the strict measures are only since a few days.
Also todays numbers include some from the weekend.

Jan 10, 2018
I really don't get what Americans see in this guy.
He seems completely and utterly unprepared to lead this country into the future.
The only thing he has going for himself is that he is not Trump, which is a low bar.

In times of Trump, Bolsonaro, Johnson, Duterte, Erdogan, Kurz (I could go on), I'm rather glad that people still see something in Biden.

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
Also todays numbers include some from the weekend.
I just did some maths for myself and the last 4 days we had a median growht rate of 13.56%. If we stay at exactly that numbers, we will have 80.335 cases on March 31, with a 9593 number increase. On April 6th we will have 172.290 cases with a daily increase of >20.000 cases. The video from a few days ago I linked said we could have 40k cases/day before our health system collapses. We would reacht hat number, with the CURRENT growth rate, on April 12 with 44k new cases on that day. But as Italy shows, the growth rate will go down thanks to the measures taken, best case into the single digits.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last 4 days:
Yeah, these numbers make me hopeful. I believe Germany is handling the situation reasonably well. I'm more concerned about the US, Spain etc. than my own country at this point.

Fractology

Oct 28, 2017
Thankfully here in Philadelphia, our city officials are balking at Trump's bullshit (even if they said they're planning to "cut back on testing" for some dumb reason):

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Last 4 days:

Yeah. New cases have been steady at around 3 - 4k per day since March 18. Effects of school and non-essential business closures probably aren't even accounted for yet because of up to 2 weeks incubation time.

And I remember Germany tests a lot so it shouldn't have much to do with hitting testing capacity limit either.

kess

Oct 27, 2017

EMBee99

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
If the lockdown is lifted by this asshole, I'm going to sit on my front porch dressed up like Charles Darwin and just shake my head at people.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
It's not about Bernie. It's mainly about my disappointment in Biden, especially during the corona crisis. Like seriously. This guy wants to be president and just disappears while his opponent is taking decisions that will cost incomprehensible numbers of lives. I don't get it.

Why do you hesitate when you see "neoliberal"?
I'm not sure what Biden can do other than talk. He can't make decisions that Trump can make since he's not president.

And I've seen "neoliberal" used on the Bernie subreddit about everyone who didn't vote for Bernie. Often in racist ways as well.

I'll drop the topic though since it's not really meant for this thread. Just wanted to answer you without going to PMs.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would anticipate while Trump might want to say it's all clear, the majority of Governors won't.

Our Governor literally just said that when used with this question (Minnesota). Said, "We'll change policy when the modeling says we can. No promises on dates or rollouts for now. Additionally, the best thing the Feds can do is crank out testing, PPE, and ventilators so our hospitals can sustain after we flatten."

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
ET4I5vdWsAMHoKY

Bogota. First day of 19 day quarantine and isolation. City of 8 million people

Last edited:

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With governments spending trillions anyway ... what would be the cost of simply just testing every person on a regular basis.

Test everyone, if your test comes back clean, you get a card or something that designates you as a person with a clean test. With that card you can now go into movie theaters, malls, gyms, etc. You have to repeat the test on a weekly basis.

This would be costly sure and require thousands of people to be hired (but hey, thousands of people are going to need jobs anyway) to process tests, but I don't see the current setup working either.

Sheltering in place can only go on for so long and as soon as you release people from it, new vectors of the virus will start popping up again. Then you have to shut everything down again. You just gonna keep yanking kids in and out of school, opening/closing restaurants, etc. etc. etc. every couple of weeks?