• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Trump is going to open up the country well before we flatten the curve, which will ultimately render this "social distancing" we've been doing for the past couple of weeks pointless. I hate to say it but Wuhans zero tolerance policy to keep people indoors was actually the most effective, albeit painful, way of flattening the curve. Don't know if it's practical or even possible to handle it that way in the US though. I feel like we're fucked either way

Nothing painful about it. What's happening now is much more painful. New York City is going to face a terrible, terrible time due to the mismanagement and lax attitude of the people.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
My construction site in NYC shutdown because a painter tested positive and loads more workers are showing symptoms (including myself). The site is shutdown until Monday, and my company has yet to issue guidance on whether we are in quarantine or we are being relocated to a different job site.

It's really frustrating that at all levels there's a complete lack of planning until the crisis happens. There's no proactive planning.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
My construction site in NYC shutdown because a painter tested positive and loads more workers are showing symptoms (including myself). The site is shutdown until Monday, and my company has yet to issue guidance on whether we are in quarantine or we are being relocated to a different job site.

It's really frustrating that at all levels there's a complete lack of planning until the crisis happens. There's no proactive planning.
Take care of yourself man. Your health is #1 priority. I hope you're able to get to a testing site

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
My grandmother's responsible for a charity that collects and distributes food here, they're closed now but she says she wants to open up again starting next week. And like I get it's helping a lot of people but man I don't want her to be around so many people right now :/

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
I'm seeing the phrase "died due to coronavirus related complications" quite a bit but unsure of what it means. Anyone know?

someday

Oct 25, 2017

If you guys potentially have it, you should be quarantining and hopefully getting tested. Not sure what the company has to do with it, unless I'm missing something.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Exponential grow start slow.

If you think about it it took about 2 month as well for Italy number to explode.

many people have trouble understanding exponential growth.
I have watched a YT video recently that illustrated it with lilypads and a pond.

If the lilypads need 60 days to completely cover the pond with exponential growth,
- at 51 days, the pond is only 1% covered
- at 59 days, the pond is only half covered
- at 60 days, it is fully covered

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
No, nobody should be accepting deliveries personally. The drivers are also told to leave packages in front of the door. Wait a few minutes and pick up the box if you can't let it sit for a while.

Do not throw the box. Carefully dispose of the box, if you can (depending on your setup) do this outside of the house.

It is not clear that the contents inside will be 'perfectly fine', as you don't know when the package was handled. At this point we should be safe rather than sorry. These are all easy measures to take in this difficult time.
Consensus was it can't survive outside the human body for more than three hours. Why are you saying to not touch it for a week?

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg County NC (Charlotte) ordering a stay at home proclamation

begins thursday at 8m and goes through April 16 at midnight

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So thankful I live in Ohio.

He later posted this image of our current bed situation.
ET5RKoLWkAsXfDo

CrashFaster

Oct 28, 2017
After being put on work from home as of March 16th, my employer sent a mail this afternoon telling us we're forced to work from home until 1st of June, in compliance with the authorities here (Netherlands). You really really really have to have a good excuse for coming into the office, since it requires one of a few folks unlocking the building and shutting off alarms.

This is unreal.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He later posted this image of our current bed situation.
ET5RKoLWkAsXfDo

It's important to remember too, that they are cancelling elective surgeries to achieve this, but elective surgeries aren't just things that can easily wait. Many of these surgeries are huge quality of life changes for the people having them. People having electives cancelled for months is another painful ripple of all of this.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Bulletin for the
French situation:
22300 active cases + 2444 in 24 H
10176 hospitalized + 1501 in 24 H
2516 in intensive care + 434 in 24 H
1100 dead + 240 in 24 H

France is ramping up testing capacities , 9000/day today 19000/day by sunday, 29000/day by sunday next week.

cdr Jameson

Oct 27, 2017
This afternoon I was sitting in my backyard for a little break from work and it was beautiful weather (a bit cold), but a nice blue sky.

And I realised that for the first time (in my life?) I saw the sky without any airplanes in it.