• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Thread is reminding me about all the praise Giuliani got during 911 and we know how he turned out
Again who cares how that turned out
All that matters is during the moment of crisis they did their jobs and they did their jobs right.

Right now Cuomo looks more in control and has a game plan. Trump can't even complete sentences and passing the mic off to other people instead of showing you know.....leadership of any kind.

Deleted member 15311

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
20-54 20-44 18-49
If it really is destroying the youth like it is the elderly, why such large age ranges in to back up their facts? It's fucking ridiculous. Of course young people can be killed, but to a 20 year old or even someone who 30 like myself, someone in their late 40s and mid 50s is fucking old. Hell, to someone who is 20, I'm ancient. They are not young adults, or adults, they are middle age to borderline elderly. I'm mixed on it because inspiring fear is useful to young people who don't want to take it seriously but it's also borderline fear mongering with such obviously skewed data. Out of those 50 percent of patients, how many of them are 20 and how many are 40-43? Those age ranges are literally from young barely adult to upper middle age. Take all these terrifying percentages with a huge grain of salt. Think about it for a second and stop spreading panic here. If people are in this thread, odds are they are taking it seriously. Things like that video aren't helping people who are worried.

As it stands, being young is without a doubt, the most potent way to overcome this virus.
Yeah, be cautious because of others and yourself, don't panic because of it. The percentage of younger deads (thankfully) is low and i'm not young, i'm in my 40's.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Lombardia (Italy) update:
+around 1940 cases
+around 400 deaths
Source: Reuters

Numbers are not 100% precise yet, but it seems that there is an increment with respect to the previous two days.

KiKaL

Oct 26, 2017
I am curious since daycares are still open in a lot of places. What are people doing where both parents work full time, either remote or onsite. Are you still taking your kids to daycare?

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017

Before Trump called for reevaluating lockdowns, they shuttered six of his top-earning clubs and resorts

President Trump's private business has shut down six of its top seven revenue-producing clubs and hotels because of restrictions meant to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, potentially depriving Trump's company of millions of dollars in revenue.

Those closures come as Trump is considering easing restrictions on movement sooner than federal public health experts recommend, in the name of reducing the virus's economic damage.

Dat timing!

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Went to do some groceries. In a distance i saw like 3 people standing together or walking together. Couldnt see from that far.
Right at that moment a police car showed up. And they probably got a talking.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Over 1000 here in GA with a death rate of still over 3%. Expected to hit 1000 for sure but this is a few days earlier than I thought

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
This is exactly right - we can get the economy back on its feet by sending only the immune back to work. BUT this won't happen because the government would then need to take care of all those who are vulnerable while they stay at home which they don't want to do.
I think that sending the immune back to work may create the unintended effect of some people willingly getting sick to get immunity. Mainly young people and older people that think they are strong enough to fight the virus. It could backfire badly.

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
Between New York and California basically have first dibs on supplies and ventilators, does that mean other states are going to be screwed?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I am curious since daycares are still open in a lot of places. What are people doing where both parents work full time, either remote or onsite. Are you still taking your kids to daycare?

I am. I still have to go into my office, and my wife cannot do her job and watch our kid since she has to take calls most of her day. Grandparents might be an option in about a week, but they are still quarantining from traveling overseas

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think that sending the immune back to work may create the unintended effect of some people willingly getting sick to get immunity. Mainly young people and older people that think they are strong enough to fight the virus. It could backfire badly.

Damn that's a great point. Yeah humans aren't willing to just sit at home for months. Fuck there really is no way out.

Muu

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I'm on conference call holding a 2month old on a baby carrier and my 6yrold doing workbooks

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017

This might set a RT record.

Damn that is a fucking burn

Yeah, the places that he'd want to startup more than any other (Cali and NY) aren't going to do it until they've convinced it's safe. No amount of him throwing a temper tantrum is going to change that.

On top of that, I dont see how private companies are going to just go "trump said go back to work, so see you tomorrow!". Sounds like a lawsuit just waiting to happen.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the places that he'd want to startup more than any other (Cali and NY) aren't going to do it until they've convinced it's safe. No amount of him throwing a temper tantrum is going to change that.

Not to mention tourism is dead. Borders are going to be closed into and out of America as the rest of the world hopes to contain the virus.

In addition to that the majority of Americans aren't going to suddenly start going to resteraunt and traveling domestically

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
3-week lockdown in India, hrm. Thankfully we're stocked up for a while, but online grocery stores are taking an absolute beating right now. It's going to be difficult.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Same. It's pretty wild that it jumped from 800 to over 1000 in a single night. The counties around me are slowing starting to fill in with cases and it's not helping my anxiety.

I'm in Fulton where the highest concentration is. Not the greatest feeling everyday. It's good that we're finally testing more, but this just shows this state needs to take this much more seriously than it is, especially with our airport. I would assume that the unofficial number is closer to 4-5 thousand if not higher.

But of course we've mini-Trump Kemp who's gonna keep shit running as long as possible.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
We're testing more, it may not seem like a good thing but it is

The sooner we get ahead of this, the better. Now, those people can self-quarantine and halt the spread.

Don't be anxious. Be thankful that we're be getting a better idea of where we stand.
Yeah, I suppose that's a better way to look at it.

It's just that living with two immunocompromised parents and having a pretty weak immune system myself, trying to keep up with the news and seeing these projections about how much worse its going to get in NYC, it's hard not to be kinda scared. My parents stay home and my sister has to work from home, but I'm still required to go to work. I've been doing my best with social distancing and washing my hands, but I've been unable to find any disinfectants or hand sanitizer, so even being at work is a bit harrowing.

Anyhow, I'm rambling. Thanks for the perspective.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Indian news channel: "When a child doesn't listen to what we tell them to do, we hit them, and then they understand. But what do you do when even adults don't do what they're told to? It looks we use the same philosophy."

This was followed by a montage of real footage of the police and (seemingly) vigilantes attacking people with bamboo sticks, forcing men to strip, and forcing people on the streets to do sit-ups as punishment. And of course, the montage was accompanied by comedic music to drive home how funny it is that people are being abused in the name of the quarantine.

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
I'm in Fulton where the highest concentration is. Not the greatest feeling everyday. It's good that we're finally testing more, but this just shows this state needs to take this much more seriously than it is, especially with our airport. I would assume that the unofficial number is closer to 4-5 thousand if not higher.

But of course we've mini-Trump Kemp who's gonna keep shit running as long as possible.

I know and it isn't helping one bit. I live in Rural Georgia in Berrien County (you've never heard of it.) And I can imagine you guys up there have to be stressing out. I'm scared of it spreading down here mainly because there aren't any rural hospitals anymore. If you want anything other then a GP you got to go to a city and if this keeps spreading alot of those hospitals are gonna be at capacity soon with people all over rural GA.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
There is not enough data to make a determination on this. There are reports coming out of China that reinfection can become worse, but like I said not enough data from reliable sources.

I am sure it is something scientist are looking at.

Wasn't there something along the lines of a what they potentially thought could have been a false positive or false negative that lead to them thinking someone got it twice? Because the person was taking antibiotics or drugs when getting tested which will lead to some inaccurate results.