• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Local governor of the worst hit area in germany wrote a letter to Xi asking china to provide aid since his equipment will only last days.

It won't be forgotten how helpful china has been compared to the US in the past weeks all over the world.

Considering how China is the reason that this is even a thing, they should be helpful. Not sure what you expect the US to do when they have just as many issues with it as the EU.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
My dad just complained to me that how people overreact, everything is closed and it is so inconvenient for him etc. When I am fed up with him he told me to calm down. wtf

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I installed yesterday the app(Singapore only) that scan nearby phones to simplify disease tracking to the authorities.
Privacy be dammed.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Omg this DeSantis conference. A doctor there was telling people to stay home and this asshole still refuses to issue an order. Plus he was telling people to stop freaking out about the beaches being open for spring break because if he ordered them closed, the kids would have just had house parties.

Fucking what???

Nov 13, 2017
Cuomo just announced that starting tomorrow they're beginning the hydroxy+z pack treatment and a new drug trial using plasma from recovered patients that have antibodies.

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
This is a valid question, not anti EU propaganda. EU is already damaged by Brexit, and during a crisis it is very easy to make or break a union. I also don't come from the US and not a fan of Trump. By saying you did better than the worst president ever is a very low standard.

Well, the valid response is that healthcare is completely in the hands of the member states, not of the EU. Most of them never wanted the EU to touch their national healthcare laws, so the result is that there is no EU agency, there are no EU laws and there is no authority that the EU can use to intervene.

I hope that every country/politician that blames the EU's response to the Corona crisis has a very strong trackrecord on voting for a united european healthplan in the past.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
The engineer in me loves how he presents the data and information.

I'd love to see pressers in the future use the split screen with slides, even presidential addresses.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
CNN: Amy Klobuchar's husband test positive.
We love him very much and pray for his recovery. He is exhausted and sick but a very strong and resilient person," she wrote. Her husband was admitted to a Virginia hospital, she wrote, and now has pneumonia "and is on oxygen, but not a ventilator.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
New York State now at 20,875 cases, 5707 new cases in the last 24 hours.
GzNGJUd.png

Wordballoons

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory and Conspiratorial Rhetoric
Considering how China is the reason that this is even a thing, they should be helpful. Not sure what you expect the US to do when they have just as many issues with it as the EU.
Yeah the government literally hid it for months and now they come out of this looking like humanitarians. Disgraceful. After this clears the world should sanction the CCP like it has leaders in Iran. They need to be made to pay a price for this.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
The number of cases are mostly correlated to when hospitals do a check of their own personnel, the Netherlands is testing absolutely nothing and so the number doesn't mean much. Deaths are going down too though which is hopeful (but we kind of need to know numbers admitted to ICU). They did think we would see the first results of the measures round about now so that would be nice.

Where are you basing any of this on that we aren't testing? Because we are, a lot. Everyone entering my hospital that has even a hint of reapiratory problems or patients coming from other hospitals all get tested. Even patients where the likelyhood is extremely low.

Really curious where you are getting this nonsense from.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is pure geopolitical stuff and China knows it. The ones that did not get the memo is the US.

I'm not saying US should help EU, but this is an international crisis and China is using his world potency muscle to position itself favorably in a key market like Europe.

Maybe if US loses the 5G war, instead of throwing a tantrum on Twitter, Trump will look back at these kind of things instead of trying to ban Huawei.

(Not painting China or US as good or bad, this is not about who is better, is about how this matters in the world geopolitical balance)

Munti

Oct 26, 2017
Here in Switzerland, we had 1000 new cases today. While this is a high number, yesterday and the day before we also had more or less around 1000 new cases (before, the numbers doubled every second day).
We heave relatively many tests going on and they said that every day they do the same amount of tests.

I know it is far too early to say (since we're only in week 1 of the shutdown), but can it be an indication that we are already facing the decrease of the exponential growth aka flattening the curve?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Repeating what I've said in the Michigan unemployment numbers thread, though others here in the state are likely already aware, the governor has issued a stay-at-home order that begins at 12:01 AM and will be in effect for the next three weeks.

www.clickondetroit.com

Michigan issues stay-at-home order amid coronavirus: Here’s what it means

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer issued a statewide stay-at-home order on Monday to fight the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Where are you basing any of this on that we aren't testing? Because we are, a lot. Everyone entering my hospital that has even a hint of reapiratory problems or patients coming from other hospitals all get tested. Even patients where the likelyhood is extremely low.

Really curious where you are getting this nonsense from.
People who are admitted to the hospitals with respiratory problems get tested, everyone outside isn't.

We have the highest percentage of biomedical researchers in the world, but supposedly cannot do more than about a 1000 tests a day, whereas Germany does 22 times that amount. The RIVM is directly flaunting WHO guidelines. And the countries that test the most, Taiwan, South Korea, Germany, also have the best handle on the situation. (they luckily scaled it up a bit recently, but imo too late)

www.nrc.nl

Groeiende kritiek experts op gebrek aan testen in Nederland

Coronatests: Nederland wijkt met zijn beperkte aantallen testen op Covid-19 doelbewust af van de aanbevelingen van de WHO. Tot ongenoegen van veel experts. „Als je niet screent, vind je niets.”
www.groene.nl

Noordelijke provincies laten landelijk beleid los en testen massaal zorgmedewerkers

Terwijl na het Zuiden het Westen van Nederland de grip op het coronavirus lijkt te verliezen, wordt de roep om meer testen luider. Onvoldoende capaciteit, is het antwoord. Dat gaat er bij Alex Friedrich, arts-microbioloog in het UMCG in Groningen, niet in. ‘Wij hebben ons losgekoppeld van het...

hasan114

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Lol WTF. Helpful? Are you actually seriously saying that?
Although they messed up initially (almost everyone did at this point, you can't only say China took it lightly initially). They have been helping people all over the world. Even in Pakistan they're sending supplies, what has the US done? They aren't even lifting sanctions on Iran when thousands of people are dying.

I understand Iran's leaders are delusional (buying the conspiracy that the US started the virus) but the least the US can do is not create hurdles for them trying to save their people. But no.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
Just found out that my company (in WI) would probably be considered 'essential' because we have so many defense contracts. Goddammit.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
So, I promised to report back on the thread about my symptoms in Germany. I have had pain when breathing since Friday morning and more mildly even before that. Also have been having a constant headache and feeling of weakness, a pain when swallowing and a sore throat. However, fever has not been above 37.6° and I've not had a lot of dry coughing either. I called my doctor again today. He said he would like to test me just to make sure, but there were just not enough capacities. If my fever was above 38.5°, I shall call immediately. It could also be a bacterial infection and those would usually only get nasty when they last longer than five days. So I'm on antibiotics now. Didn't have any for ten years or so, so I think this is not a problem. I did have the feeling he was more or less wanting to show me that he is doing something for me. He said the chance of me having Corona is low though. I'm off work for the week and have been since last Friday.

I don't panic about this at all or anything, I just want to breathe normally again. I've had a few really rough nights.

Also, doctors are really cautious now. I'd have preferred if my doctor would at least have diagnosed me physically, instead both our first talk and today all went by phone now.

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Personally, Cuomo has always been an asshole but he deserves every amount of respect of with how he is handling this situation.

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly this. Now that they have their situation fairly under control, they need to be sending doctors and supplies everywhere that is needed. It's bullshit that the rest of the world is struggling and pointing fingers at each other while we are in the middle of CCP's mess.

Sep 3, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
can someone tell me what in the F we are doing in the US... each day i wake up with terrible news like 'oh its about to get real ugly in the US this week" then why the F are we not doing anything about it... what are we waiting for?? pigs to fly??? thousand more lives lost??? lock shit down. each day we wait is TONS of more lives lost:( is this so stupid and so unreal. this whole weekend went by not one shit changed.. other than listening to trump talk out of his ass and ramble everyday.. this world blows lol

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
This is pure geopolitical stuff and China knows it. The ones that did not get the memo is the US.

I'm not saying US should help EU, but this is an international crisis and China is using his world potency muscle to position itself favorably in a key market like Europe.

Maybe if US loses the 5G war, instead of throwing a tantrum on Twitter, Trump will look back at these kind of things instead of trying to ban Huawei.

(Not painting China or US as good or bad, this is not about who is better, is about how this matters in the world geopolitical balance)
One of the most important issues with this narrative is that the media is now focused on getting cheap clicks, so Chinese "aid" that is actually commercial contracts being strategically unlocked (the Chinese government itself isn't sending much for free, if at all) get tons of attention, while this doesn't:

www.militarytimes.com

Air Force Super Herk transports patient staging system to Italy, hard hit by COVID-19

This mobile, or fixed system, provides 10 patient holding/staging beds and can support a maximum throughput of 40 patients in a 24-hour period, according to the release.

It's the same garbage with Cuban medics, whom are actually a very lucrative business under the guise of state aid. Just a cheap way to get good PR and much needed hard currency, of which Cuba utterly lacks.

After a period of idiocy, there's also significant intra-EU cooperation between France, Italy and Germany. And stuff like the massive financial news from the ECB is being totally ignored by the media. It's a combination of the EU being AWFUL at PR, member states being caught flatfooted and newspapers looking for sensational narratives at a moment of crisis. Specially since their income (print and online) has been trashed by the lockdown.

And talking about sensational news, the recent ones about the Spanish military reaching out to retirement homes only to find caretakers away and old people living among corpses is some hair raising stuff. There needs to be a reckoning at all possible levels.

Last edited:

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
People who are admitted to the hospitals with respiratory problems get tested, everyone outside isn't.

We have the highest percentage of biomedical researchers in the world, but supposedly cannot do more than about a 1000 tests a day, whereas Germany does 22 times that amount. The RIVM is directly flaunting WHO guidelines. And the countries that test the most, Taiwan, South Korea, Germany, also have the best handle on the situation. (they luckily scaled it up a bit recently, but imo too late)

www.nrc.nl

Groeiende kritiek experts op gebrek aan testen in Nederland

Coronatests: Nederland wijkt met zijn beperkte aantallen testen op Covid-19 doelbewust af van de aanbevelingen van de WHO. Tot ongenoegen van veel experts. „Als je niet screent, vind je niets.”
www.groene.nl

Noordelijke provincies laten landelijk beleid los en testen massaal zorgmedewerkers

Terwijl na het Zuiden het Westen van Nederland de grip op het coronavirus lijkt te verliezen, wordt de roep om meer testen luider. Onvoldoende capaciteit, is het antwoord. Dat gaat er bij Alex Friedrich, arts-microbioloog in het UMCG in Groningen, niet in. ‘Wij hebben ons losgekoppeld van het...

Then say this instead of making inflammatory accusations about the Netherlands not testing. Ofcourse in a perfect society we're testing the entire population every single day but this isn't feasible.

We might use different metrics compared to other countries right now because we aren't doing mass screenings on non-ill people but that does not mean our numbers are less valid.