• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Is there a good way to switch to the healthcare sector to help out? I have an I.T. background and also learn super quickly; if there were some program to switch to treating the sick I'd rather do that than sit at home in quarantine.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Past few days I have chest pain (burp-ing a lot) Also coughing a lot with itchy throat, lots of mucus. No fever so far. Nor shortness of breath (the chest pain also doesn't intensify when taking a deep breath).

Should I get worried ? So far only 1 positive case in my town.

I had these same exact symptoms, even the burping part. It lasted almost 2 weeks and I've finally felt better yesterday. I had fatigue but no fever.

Jan 31, 2018
Had no idea the situation in Switzerland was so serious

One of the biggest surprises is the severe situation that Switzerland finds itself in. The majestic mountain redoubt that is so organized that you can set your watch by the trains, because they are rarely even a few seconds late, has the second-highest rate of COVID-19 infection in the world. The rate of infection is going up so quickly -- 758 new cases on Saturday -- that the government says it has been having trouble keeping track of the growing numbers.

Italy still tops the coronavirus table with 886 people infected for every million citizens. Unbeknownst to most of the world, Switzerland is second with 793 cases of the virus per million people and closing on Italy's lead. Lucky Canada has 35 infections per million people, though that may only because we are latecomers to the pandemic.

Switzerland's Federal Council declared "an extraordinary situation" for the first time ever, giving itself special powers that are usually held by the country's 26 cantons. For example, all gatherings of more than five people have been outlawed.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
If it were up to Trump, the lockdowns would have served no purpose -- the economy and the health system would be in shambles.

And this is only the beginning!

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
in my county we have 81 confirmed cases for a population of 4.3M (Maricopa County AZ)

this has to be one of the lowest per capita in the country, no? Our testing situation obviously is lacking compared to other states, but still

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit skeptical here. He felt he was near death, then treatment with hydrochloroquine started and less than 24 hours later all of his symptoms disappeared. That's the story, right?

Can it even work that quickly?
In fact, yes. But usually that only happens if you work on symptoms not source.

So i doubt he was "cured" especially because we do not have a definition for cured andpeople are mostly sent home with disappeared symptoms.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
A local church (and my families graveyard - every male member of my namesake since we arrived to the country is buried here) went ahead and had service Sunday morning. They did it the right way however. The church was closed but they had the preacher and music out on the front steps of the church. The folks in attendance all parked their cars and either remained inside then or got out keeping six feet away from one another.

117b3ed6-26b3-4b64-b0jknu.jpeg

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
His deflection tactics don't work against a virus, and things in the US are going to get way worse in the next two weeks.
Yeah, like does he really expect to open America back up for business at a time where the virus is going to be exponentially worse than it is now? And even if he did would any state governor listen at that point? And not to mention that international travel will still be off limits.

He is completely screwed. He has zero options. And he can't seem to grapple with that fact.

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
In fact, yes. But usually that only happens if you work on symptoms not source.

So i doubt he was "cured" especially because we do not have a definition for cured andpeople are mostly sent home with disappeared symptoms.
To me it kinda just sounded like the typical progression of a flu like virus. When I've had the flu bad a couple times yeah you have that really low point and then the fever broke and I felt almost back to normal in 24 hrs.

So while I'm not ruling out the drug helps , his case is just not proof of it working. Now show me on the next 30 patients over 70 take it and don't need a ventilator then that's a lot more sound.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
A local church (and my families graveyard - every male member of my namesake since we arrived to the country is buried here) went ahead and had service Sunday morning. They did it the right way however. The church was closed but they had the preacher and music out on the front steps of the church. The folks in attendance all parked their cars and either remained inside then or got out keeping six feet away from one another.

117b3ed6-26b3-4b64-b0jknu.jpeg

this is a cool idea

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I've finally decided to tell my job I'm not coming in until this thing is over. I'm still new to the company being there 2 months but I have to take the train in and Boston isnt getting better. Plus they are on the same street the biogen conference happened at so I'm just done with it until something is fixed.

Musician

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
I had these same exact symptoms, even the burping part. It lasted almost 2 weeks and I've finally felt better yesterday. I had fatigue but no fever.

Huh.. I have the same thing except I have no coughing. Lots of burping and a constant chest ache that doesn't get worse with breathing. No fever or very mild fever (like 37.5 degrees ) which country are you in?

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
The amount of people that have died in NY is rapidly rising... Saturday was 60... but today I check and it is 153. I think this week is going to be really hard.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That tweet really has me nervous.

This asshole really wants to put millions at risk because stocks are tanking and unemployment is back down to pre Obama numbers just because it's an election year.

I fear he's gonna fire Dr. Faraci and undo everything. They are really gonna kill the poor just to stay rich.
Governor's around the country aren't gonna let this happen

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Huh.. I have the same thing except I have no coughing. Lots of burping and a constant chest ache that doesn't get worse with breathing. No fever or very mild fever (like 37.5 degrees ) which country are you in?

United States and yes I did have an off and on mild fever. I wasn't coughing very much just mildly throughout the 2 weeks. My wife had the same thing for 2 weeks but our two kids didn't get sick. I usually get up at 8 am, I've been off of work the past 2 weeks and I for the life of me wake up until like noon.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
If this lockdown lasts more than 2 weeks, we're losing our business for sure.
I just hope they'll let us out of lease due to these crazy circumstances.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
dunno if this interview with fauci was posted

Science | AAAS

Q: What about the travel restrictions? President Trump keeps saying that the travel ban for China, which began 2 February, had a big impact [on slowing the spread of the virus to the United States] and that he wishes China would have told us three to four months earlier and that they were "very secretive." [China did not immediately reveal the discovery of a new coronavirus in late December, but by 10 January, Chinese researchers made the sequence of the virus public.] It just doesn't comport with facts.

A: I know, but what do you want me to do? I mean, seriously Jon, let's get real, what do you want me to do?

Q: You have not said China virus. [Trump frequently calls the cause of the spreading illness, known as coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) a "China virus" or a "Chinese virus."]

A: Ever.

Q. And you never will, will you?

A: No.

NegroNinja

Oct 27, 2017
I just started working at a hospital, I'm at a little over a month now. I work in the supply chain side of things so I'm considered essential. But I really don't want to go to work tomorrow. This has me extremely paranoid and my dad who I love with has COPD and the thought of me giving this virus to him is destroying me right now.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Hong Kong was doing pretty good and relaxed their lockdownn measures. Turned out that it was too soon and they have to reintroduce them again. They are starting to see a third wave of infections.

I hope we learn from it in the west but it's hard to imagine.

edition.cnn.com

Hong Kong appeared to have the coronavirus under control, then it let its guard down | CNN

As the sudden surge in cases in Hong Kong shows, quarantines and social distancing must continue well beyond the initial wave of cases, if another round of infections is to be avoided.