• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think that lockdowns will go on for another month or two, then we gradually start our activities again. More workplaces open up, more concessions will be given to go out, but I expect that for many months masks will be practically mandatory and big events (eg. football matches or festivals) will still not happen.
Yeah hopefully mask shortage will end soon and usage of mask, gloves, hand sanitizer will become mandatory in all public places. I don't see how else we can return to a more normal life without vaccine or a cure.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here an allergy expert?

Mrs Stinkles who's ethnically Asian and has a chronic, decades long asymptomatic cough - exacerbated by the season and allergies is basically a cross between the Outbreak a Monkey and Hitler to passers by.

I've had a very slight runny nose every morning for a couple of weeks. I mean a single dab of a tissue at 8am and it's gone. I used to only be allergic to cats (proper full spectrum test) but as I get older I've become sensitive to dogs too - wonder if I'm becoming allergic to pollen etc too.

not much of a symptom and barely detectable but it is a novel virus after all. We've been on lockdown proper for a couple of days now - going out for a bike ride later somewhere quiet and isolated.

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting bit of info that doctor gave out.....only 12% of ICU beds are occupied by CV19 patients across the country..

EDIT: Wrong thread :)

Muu

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's wrong with this?
It's great if they start a sport out of this crisis and maybe live more healthy in the long run.

One small information that was mentioned. If you keep people locked up in their homes without giving the option of going out, domestic violence will increase.
time.com

How Coronavirus Is Affecting Victims of Domestic Violence

'My husband won't let me leave the house'

So, yea. Let people do individual sports with the proper social distance and it will be better overall.

Yeah, people to need to chill about people being outside as long as they're not clumping up in groups. The '3 hours in the air' pertains to aerosolized viruses which is different from a person sneezing, and even if we do take that as a real value it'll dissipate quickly in an open air setting.

Without a doubt there's certain things that are off limits, such as playgrounds. Otherwise I'd much rather see people stay in shape and keep their mental health in check.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Well, with this new "not more than 2 people are allowed to be together" regulation in Germany, I have a question for my workplace.

Is this affecting this too? Cause we are normally working in a big 20x20m room with around 15-20 people on 2 1/2 long cabinets sorting letters for 2 hours until we deliver them, as postman.

Does they have to change this or is this new rule strictly for being outside?

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
I expect cycles of lockdown and some freedom in waves in the coming year till a vaccine is on the market I truly feel no one can expect true normality. Once the curve is looking to surpass the health systems capabilities you'll see lockdown after lockdown.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here an allergy expert?

Mrs Stinkles who's ethnically Asian and has a chronic, decades long asymptomatic cough - exacerbated by the season and allergies is basically a cross between the Outbreak a Monkey and Hitler to passers by.

I've had a very slight runny nose every morning for a couple of weeks. I mean a single dab of a tissue at 8am and it's gone. I used to only be allergic to cats (proper full spectrum test) but as I get older I've become sensitive to dogs too - wonder if I'm becoming allergic to pollen etc too.

not much of a symptom and barely detectable but it is a novel virus after all. We've been on lockdown proper for a couple of days now - going out for a bike ride later somewhere quiet and isolated.

A runny nose isnt a symptom.

Loss of smell is.

I wouldnt worry about yours.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah hopefully mask shortage will end soon and usage of mask, gloves, hand sanitizer will become mandatory in all public places. I don't see how else we can return to a more normal life without vaccine or a cure.

Good news is that it seems we might have a proper cure before the vaccine soon. I keep reading about positive results with possible cures.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Am I reading this right?

www.worldometers.info

COVID Live - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

Live statistics and coronavirus news tracking the number of confirmed cases, recovered patients, tests, and death toll due to the COVID-19 coronavirus from Wuhan, China. Coronavirus counter with new cases, deaths, and number of tests per 1 Million population. Historical data and info. Daily...

USA with +14k more cases today?!

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
+12000 in new york alone?

The US numbers are wack, its becoming quite clear that this virus was being spread around America untested and undiagonised for a lot longer than anyone noticed.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
www.france24.com

France launches online test to assess coronavirus symptoms, propose treatment

France this week launched an online test aimed at helping people who are worried they may have contracted the coronavirus to assess their symptoms, and guide them as to what steps to take next.

"
In France, like in many other countries, a shortage of physical coronavirus tests means lab tests are conducted only for cases considered serious or if the patient is elderly or part of a specific risk group, such as people with asthma, diabetes, cancer or other ailments.

The online test serves to reassure people who might be worried about cold or flu symptoms
, but it was developed, mainly, to help offset the massive pressure that the coronavirus has put on the French health services. It helps "reduce the number of unnecessary phone calls to the emergency medical services, which are already saturated," Denis said.
"

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Am I reading this right?

www.worldometers.info

COVID Live - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

Live statistics and coronavirus news tracking the number of confirmed cases, recovered patients, tests, and death toll due to the COVID-19 coronavirus from Wuhan, China. Coronavirus counter with new cases, deaths, and number of tests per 1 Million population. Historical data and info. Daily...

USA with +14k more cases today?!
If accurate that is the definition of explosive growth.

Again, could be the result of more and proper testing as mentioned before, but that's still concerning.

May 31, 2018
Man I feel great but I've had a little bit of what feels like chest congestion for a few days. Nothing bad and I can still get on the treadmill for an hour and not feel out of breath, but it does feel a little cruddy. A cough here and there but nothing hard or repeated. It's been like that for about 3-4 days. Isolating for two weeks...day 6 now!

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Well, with this new "not more than 2 people are allowed to be together" regulation in Germany, I have a question for my workplace.

Is this affecting this too? Cause we are normally working in a big 20x20m room with around 15-20 people on 2 1/2 long cabinets sorting letters for 2 hours until we deliver them, as postman.

They will have to change this. I mean, what's the difference between being inside and outside? 1,5 meter distance between each person.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing as I said earlier in the thread, the big jumps in U.S. numbers are the numbers catching up with reality, which means more tests are being done.

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
Unless it is fake news, I read here that they were skipping animal testing phase, and were already testing humans with possible cures. The results were positive so far.

That was vaccine test which will take months upon months to clear safety guidelines. I truly hope a working safe vaccine is around the corner, but I know that is just wishful thinking at this moment in time.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, people to need to chill about people being outside as long as they're not clumping up in groups. The '3 hours in the air' pertains to aerosolized viruses which is different from a person sneezing, and even if we do take that as a real value it'll dissipate quickly in an open air setting.

Without a doubt there's certain things that are off limits, such as playgrounds. Otherwise I'd much rather see people stay in shape and keep their mental health in check.
Yeah people have been telling me I shouldn't go skate anywhere, idk. I could go by myself or with my wife to spots and we'd be the only people there. Idk if this frowned upon or not, we'd obviously touch as little as possible and try not to interact with anyone.

I do plan to go to the park today for a walk with my wife, and will of course practice social distancing with other park goers

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

Update, 17.05 Uhr: Das Kontaktverbot gilt nicht für das Arbeitsleben. "Da muss jedes Unternehmen selbst gucken und sich fragen, wie infektionsketten verhindert werden können", sagte Laschet. Damit ist die Pressekonferenz vorbei.

Giant Panda

Oct 25, 2017
Is New York the only state doing widespread testing? If other states have similar spreads but just aren't catching them through testing than would be a huge number of cases country wide. That would also mean the mortality rate would be lower at least.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018