• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
The government is largely populated by Baby Boomers, so...yeah. These are the people that have spent decades gutting the government, cutting taxes at the expense of all else, and who have refused to even consider halting the perpetual growth of military spending.

Their hands aren't clean in this. They may not have created the virus but their governance has led to the circumstances in our society that have exacerbated the problem immeasurably.
Just... I don't know... just don't hate so much right now.

dingobingo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
The government is largely populated by Baby Boomers, so...yeah. These are the people that have spent decades gutting the government, cutting taxes at the expense of all else, and who have refused to even consider halting the perpetual growth of military spending in favor of expanding services that more directly and immediately benefit the nation.

Their hands aren't clean in this. They may not have created the virus but their governance has led to the circumstances in our society that have exacerbated the problem immeasurably.

Thank you

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
We are going to have a large worldwide transfer of wealth when this is all said and done. Estate settlement is going to be crazy.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The government is largely populated by Baby Boomers, so...yeah. These are the people that have spent decades gutting the government, cutting taxes at the expense of all else, and who have refused to even consider halting the perpetual growth of military spending in favor of expanding services that more directly and immediately benefit the nation.

The opposition to the government is also largely populated by boomers.
I think getting angry at old people is directing anger the wrong way and the motherfuckers who are actually responsible for this mess will want nothing more than see normal people fighting along generational lines, which I think will achieve nothing.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Got this from a friend who's Dad is also Doctor in NYC....

Yeah this disease is taxing on the medical personnel in hospital...
more than 30% of the artificially ventilated persons because of sars-cov2 die...it's difficult to cope with :( If on top of that you have to be part of the decision making of the heartbreaking choices on whom get a ventilator, it is very very very hard. A bit like terrorism massacre victims, but every day... for weeks

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

Conservatives/Republicans are actively killing this country.

I was playing Warzone last night with a couple of guys I used to play Battlefield with, one of them is super conservative and saw somewhere that if you go outside in the sun, it'll get rid of the virus on your clothes (even though it's the skin contact that matters??). He legitimately believed this and made him feel people shouldn't worry about it. Both me and the other guy in our party had to explain how a virus actually works and behaves, and how serious this is. Mentioning that the US is now getting new Coronavirus cases faster than any other country seemed to be a sobering moment for him, as he just kind of went quiet for a couple minutes.

Oct 27, 2017
My town has linked to a site to help people manage some of their resources at home, and keep panic shopping to a minimum. And this is not a joke, that site is howmuchtoiletpaper.com

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Well, I just fell back into smoking.
Dammit. Looks like we swapped. I decided to quit last week. Probably still fucked but better late than never. Went cold turkey. I'm sure the new routine helps but it still sucks. Flavored toothpicks and gum are getting me through.

It's actually not a stress reliever since it raises your heat rate. Your brain is just tricking you. Hopefully you can kick it.

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just... I don't know... just don't hate so much right now.

I'm not advocating to hate them but I'm not going to ignore their part in this situation either. We're in the twilight of their time in power and it should not be controversial to point out the fact that their tenure will have left the nation in far worse shape than what they inherited from their parents.

dingobingo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
The opposition to the government is also largely populated by boomers.
I think getting angry at old people is directing anger the wrong way and the motherfuckers who are actually responsible for this mess will want nothing more than see normal people fighting along generational lines, which I think will achieve nothing.

Again read the news headlines the only think they worried about bailing out there buddies and one of the sticking points is compensation and buy backs. Go figure

ChrisBliss117

Oct 28, 2017
I work in a public school as a teacher assistant and my district is closed but staff are still required to come into work. However, my wife works in a hospital and there are patients who either have COVID or who are getting screened. She's not a doctor or nurse (therapist), but several of her co-workers have been forced into isolation because of possible exposure. My gut tells me not to go in because my wife could be exposed at any time, but it seems like no one is taking this seriously.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Saxony German just decided to only allow groups of 5 people and it's immediately outdated since the government decided to not allow groups of more than 2 people.

dingobingo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I'm not advocating to hate them but I'm not going to ignore their part in this situation either. We're in the twilight of their time in power and it should not be controversial to point out the fact that their tenure will have left the nation in far worse shape than what they inherited from their parents.
Ding ding ding

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Remember those masks that were supposed to go to italy but poland and the czech republic confiscated them because they were from the black market?

Turns out the packages had Chinese and italian flags on them and they were handed out at local hospitals.

Czech republic has now confirmed it's true and apologized to italy.

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
It just seems simplistic to paint with the boomer-evil brush and it devolves this thread into a back and forth about that subject.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Germany allowing only groups of two people (exceptions for same household and families) is great but when you think about the train and bus situation where they activated the holiday timetable and only half of the buses and trains are driving around then I am pretty sure they will be pretty full at certain times since a lot of people still have to go to work.

Oct 27, 2017
We should probably keep the debates over generations to other threads. We all have people in these generations - young, old, etc. - that we care about and don't want them to be harmed by the virus. Let's focus on the pandemic in here.

52club

Oct 27, 2017
The same way some ignorant parents who don't vaccinate their kids, college kids on spring break during a pandemic, or 60 and 70 year old making short term decisions, it all points to a people problem not a generational one.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
McDonald's in Canada just shut down all their takeout. It's drive-through and delivery only now.

da8I7H9.png

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
Old people will be dropping like flies in the thousands upon thousands around the world.

Yet, I've seen tons of them today ignoring the oz governments advice while driving; They are the most at risk, but it was if I was watching a scene from a movie before the grim reaper showed up to stop the party.

I feel so sorry for all health workers around the world. I truly do.

52club

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know of a thread on this site or another that lists companies that are treating their employees the best and worst? I'd like to reward those doing the right by nature rather by being pressure.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Second confirmed death due to Coronavirus in Slovenia, 55 patients in hospital, 10 in intensive care

Last edited:

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
very good new rules in germany. Lets hope most/all people follow these rules. Hope the police goes hard against anybody who doesnt.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I work down the port in NJ (Newark) and I work on cars that come off the ships from Japan. There's about 150 people that work there and we can not work at 6 feet distancing in our fairly small building. The port has not closed as that is fairly essential for business goods that are necessary but are cars really essential right now? I'm very concerned about going to work tomorrow (I had vacation this past week so I wasn't there). So many people there it's just a hub for this shit. The company that I work for actually shut down their manufacturing facilities for two weeks but yet we don't get the same? Bullshit.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
We're finally testing, is all. As people are getting tested, the numbers are going to skyrocket here.
Hopefully it's just the number of cases going up at this rate.

Not gonna lie, I'm terrified of the moment our own (Portugal) ICU's get overcrowded due to these cases. That's when the death toll goes nuts. Fortunately, so far, only 41 ICU cases here, but it's been rising....

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands should implement more stringent measures as there are still dumbasses going out in droves.