• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
The Atlantic lets you see data by state

www.theatlantic.com

Here’s How Many People Have the Coronavirus in Your State

More than 100,000 Americans have been tested. Here are the latest numbers of confirmed cases for every state.

NY has obviously tested the most. Washington is interesting as they've tested 23k, which is 10k less than NY, but they're at 1,524 positives. While NY, at least as the last time this tracker updated (late last night), has 33k tests with 8,513 positives. Did Washington catch it in time to really blunt the spread?

The other one that stood out to me was New Jersey. 1,240 tests with 890 positives.
New Jersey is in a bad state, Bergen county in particular. A Bergen County executive tried to place the county on lockdown earlier in the week, but the governor overruled him after a few days of mass confusion. So we're fucked.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
My job, US Cellular, is still requiring us to sell phones. If we don't, they'll cut our hours by closing the store and we won't get paid.

We're not allowing customers into the store, so we employees have to go outside and greet them.

It's fucking bullshit.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Some additional information about the currently active 42681 positive cases in Italy:
- 22116 quarantined at home;
- 17708 hospitalized, not ICU;
- 2857 in ICU.

xplatformer

Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Too many Americans are dumb. I think the most prudent action is marshall law to crush the spread and then have tiered working and school for Autumn mixed from at home for kids that can and spaced out, semi-isolated classrooms until we get the vaccine. I mean it flies in the face of our liberties, but we're talking about millions of lives. This is like WW2 in terms of commitment we have to change.
My job, US Cellular, is still requiring us to sell phones. If we don't, they'll cut our hours by closing the store and we won't get paid.

We're not allowing customers into the store, so we employees have to go outside and greet them.

It's fucking bullshit.
Oh that's bullshit. Hope you work that shit out. We don't need to be dicking our fellow citizens.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have a source for this? I've never heard of either drug causing arrhythmias.

Hydrox can cause blindness over several years and I think like all antibiotics azithromycin can cause diarrhea. They're relatively safe and benign to use.

Source is just being in medicine but they can cause QT prolongation which can lead to a life threatening arrhythmias called torsades. With every medication you weight the small risks against potential benefits but I'm just saying that dont expect every patient to start getting the medications without better data

Also there is even an fda warning against coadninstering plaquenil(hydroxychloroquine) with other qt prolonging drugs

Last edited:

Vov

Dec 4, 2018
It's a waste of Dr. Fauci's valuable time to have to sit and listen to these pats on the back.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Oh that's bullshit. Hope you work that shit out. We don't need to be dicking our fellow citizens.

I honestly think the store needs to be closed. There's nothing I can do that an over the phone agent can't.

US Cellular is just putting their profits over their employees health, just like Gamestop, but since they're smaller, people aren't going to call them out on it.

xplatformer

Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
LOL....Pence is going to get tested this afternoon... but Trump stands two feet from him over his shoulder?

Trump is a walking, living representative of a dumb ass.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why is Italy getting hit so particularly hard? I know they're a dense country and their population is very old, but still...almost 900 deaths in one day is just horrifying.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Some additional information about the currently active 42681 positive cases in Italy:
- 22116 quarantined at home;
- 17708 hospitalized, not ICU;
- 2857 in ICU.
13% ICU. Now we may see that and say "that's not too bad". Ramp that up to 200 million Americans getting this.

AHA.org says:
Total Staffed Beds in All U.S. Hospitals. 924,107

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Confirmed case at my college. We went on lockdown last week (and I haven't been around since two Tuesdays ago), but I'm still worried about that incubation period.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Italy's update:
+6557 new positive cases (total 53578)
+793 new deaths (total 4825)
+943 new recoveries (total 6072)

That's more deaths than the entire SARS epidemic. Christ.

Also, to highlight how undertested they must be, with today's numbers Italy reached 9% mortality rate. That's terrifying, nearly SARS levels.

BaldwinAce

Oct 28, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
How? You cannot get tested in Florida even if you have symptoms.
Are you for real? My aunt and a few of my cousins are in Florida and it's the first time I'm hearing about this.

I don't think it's that easy...especially in Florida.
I'm getting the vibe it ain't, yeah. Then again, not going into a Walmart or any public place with a shit ton of people is also a relatively okay idea for you to improve your odds over not contracting that fucking virus. Poster complaining about his walmart being full of people, yet being in it himself makes my blood boil.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
13% ICU. Now we may see that and say "that's not too bad". Ramp that up to 200 million Americans getting this.

AHA.org says:
Total Staffed Beds in All U.S. Hospitals. 924,107

Remember to cut those numbers (at least) in half as most hospitals are already treating lots of patients for many different reasons. It's just a small percentage what's available for a pandemic.

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
That's more deaths than the entire SARS epidemic. Christ.

Also, to highlight how undertested they must be, with today's numbers Italy reached 9% mortality rate. That's terrifying, nearly SARS levels.

That is why the often quoted 1-3% mortality rate can't be applicable in every scenario .. when you are out of beds / medical supplies, the mortality rate increases by so many folds.