• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Friend of mine, he's a security guard in a prison and he just walked away from his job today. He didn't trust it at all, very little precautions were made and it didn't feel right to him. He's not about to get sick and perhaps even die from it, I can't argue with him on that. Hope he won't lose his job though.

Biggest problem right now is that the government on tv keeps stressing to people to maintain a social distance of 1,5 and very, very few people listen to this at all. The situation isn't really too bad in my city but it's being ruined by assholes that just wipe their ass off with these precautions and rules. It's because of these folks that they will have to come with much heavier and strict rules.

Jan 10, 2018
It is absolutely black and white. China is directly responsible for the virus spreading to humans in the first place because of their barbaric wild animal markets. China is directly responsible for the virus getting out of control in China because they did nothing for MONTHS in an attempt to suppress the news. Because China did nothing for months, they are also directly responsible for the international spread of the virus.

Initially. Certain world leaders reacting at best with lies and insider trading didn't help

igordennis

Oct 25, 2017
People shifting the entire blame to China for not being able to 100% contain this disease... lol

If you want to be outraged at something and capital letter "MONTHS" of bad government policy, then the months the western countries had to see the situation unfolding right before their eyes and doing nothing to prepare properly for the incoming crisis is way more damning than China covering up the early outbreak.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
So do we have data on the deaths plus age?

I just read that men are dying at a higher rate in Italy. On nytimes.
I found this report from Epicentro, it does show that men are dying at a higher rate in all age groups, except those aged 90+. Also has some other data in there such as average age of death, illness, number of underlying pathologies and more. Insightful data in times where... data is needed and not widely available.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is absolutely black and white. China is directly responsible for the virus spreading to humans in the first place because of their barbaric wild animal markets. China is directly responsible for the virus getting out of control in China because they did nothing for MONTHS in an attempt to suppress the news. Because China did nothing for months, they are also directly responsible for the international spread of the virus.
The worst part is that this isn't the first time China has allowed a coronavirus to start and spread internationally, last time they got "lucky" in that the symptoms were so severe and it had a much higher mortality rate that it burned itself out without killing too many people.
People shifting the entire blame to China for not being able to 100% contain this disease... lol

If you want to be outraged at something and capital letter "MONTHS" of bad government policy, then the months the western countries had to see the situation unfolding right before their eyes and doing nothing to prepare properly for the incoming crisis is way more damning than China covering up the early outbreak.
China is not to blame for the awful response to the virus that the western world has had. They are, however, to blame for literally everything else involving this virus.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I think we as a community can be also more empathetic towards the people who are scared/anxious during this times. Depending on where you live it can be pretty tough to handle all what's happening. I don't think all the "we're fucked" posts are done by trolls and the continuous policing of them is getting also tiring. Especially when the policing is done for own's peace of mind.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think all the "we're fucked" posts are done by trolls .
Me neither, they're most likely being done by people legit afraid, scared, worried, frustrated by the current situation. The way they express it is faulty though. I agree the policing is getting tiring (Sorry about that), but I don't see moderators stepping up unfortunately.

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017

I know right...fuckin' Chinese virus!!! Rolls eyes...

Naru

May 11, 2019
Wuhan is still mostly under lockdown. The lockdown started on January 23, that was 58 days ago.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Yellow perilist ass calling us barbaric like fuck off man

Hey it's fine man, but I hope you know that continuing to spread this Trump approved dogshit rhetoric that has no basis in reality is causing real harm to Asians worldwide, you gonna start calling it the China virus too? Keep talking like this and then act surprised when Asian diaspora start fucking dying or getting hate attacked enmasse.
My friend got cornered on the train yesterday, you know that? Called her a fucking Chinese virus bitch, she had to run to another carriage and call the train guard. She's not even Chinese, she's Vietnamese.
But that kinda rhetoric is coming from guys like you so whatever, hope your China hate is worth it dude because at the end of the day you're not the one facing straight up hate crimes and racism.

I think we as a community can be also more empathetic towards the people who are scared/anxious during this times. Depending on where you live it can be pretty tough to handle all what's happening. I don't think all the "we're fucked" posts are done by trolls and the continuous policing of them is getting also tiring. Especially when the policing is done for own's peace of mind.
Literally can't go to the fucking store without people staring and me and some yelling at me to get away from them.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Playing the blame game now helps no-one.

We need to get through this shit together instead of being divisive. You would think with the way fuckwits are behaving right now this much would be clear.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
USA didn't prepare for a pandemic when it unfolds right in front of their eyes. This is absolutely the Chinese fault for not being able to predict the future in November. I mean how is it possible that they don't know a unknown virus is about to go wild?

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
My wife is an assistant director at a childcare center and pregnant. I saw that the CDC recently added pregnant women to the high risk category for illness, and she's fighting with herself as to whether she should take a leave to stay isolated since childcare is considered essential. I want her to stay safe.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Hey it's fine man, but I hope you know that continuing to spread this Trump approved dogshit rhetoric that has no basis in reality is causing real harm to Asians worldwide, you gonna start calling it the China virus too? Keep talking like this and then act surprised when Asian diaspora start fucking dying or getting hate attacked enmasse.
My friend got cornered on the train yesterday, you know that? Called her a fucking Chinese virus bitch, she had to run to another carriage and call the train guard. She's not even Chinese, she's Vietnamese.
But that kinda rhetoric is coming from guys like you so whatever, hope your China hate is worth it dude because at the end of the day you're not the one facing straight up hate crimes and racism.

Literally can't go to the fucking store without people staring and me and some yelling at me to get away from them.
No one is blaming the Chinese people, when people say "China is at fault" they are referring to the CCP. It has nothing to do with the racist fucks that Trump is trying to sway.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018

I called the markets barbaric, not then people. And I'm talking about the CCP. Again, not the people. Get a grip.

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
Hilarious how the time line somehow gets pushed to November now LMAO. The Chinese public didn't even know about human to human transmission until mid Jan and that's when the Wuhan lockdown happened.

lol the 2 racists up there now with the walk back of "im just saying the ccp!"

Scotch

Oct 28, 2017
If the virus had originated in a western country it would have spread just as quickly, if not quicker. China actually bought other governments some valuable time and almost all countries squandered it. I don't see how assigning blame on China for mistakes they made is in any way helpful right now, when western countries got three months headsup and are still fucking this up.

igordennis

Oct 25, 2017
That in't what people are ripping China for.

Your post tells me the exact opposite:

"It is absolutely black and white" "directly responsible" repeated 3 times lol.

It seems like you at least admit to the other countries' lack of readiness in other posts but this pist by itself reads as assigning the current situation as entirely China's fault. I ain't letting how utterly irresponsible the other governments have been in dealing with it slide. Putting the situation the way you did "black and white" and china "directly responsible" for this mess is giving them too much credit. China wasn't transparent initially (wow shocking news) but the rest of the world fucking up is way worse because they knew what they were going to be dealing with. They took no lessons from what they saw and each country has basically been surprised as the pandemic is tearing the health care infrastructure to pieces.

In a pandemic, not acting decisively and fast has catastrophic consequences, which we will be seeing for a long time with each day's awful news. Focus on blaming China for covering it up initially if you think that's somehow more damning than dragging your feet in an emergency like western countries have been doing, but i feel differently.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018

It seems like you at least admit to the other countries' lack of readiness in other posts but this pist by itself reads as assigning the current situation as entirely China's fault. I ain't letting how utterly irresponsible the other governments have been in dealing with it slide. Putting the situation the way you did "black and white" and china "directly responsible" for this mess is giving them too much credit. China wasn't transparent initially (wow shocking news) but the rest of the world fucking up is way worse because they knew what they were going to be dealing with. They took no lessons from what they saw and each country has basically been surprised as the pandemic is tearing the health care infrastructure to pieces.

In a pandemic, not acting decisively and fast has catastrophic consequences, which we will be seeing for a long time with each day's awful news. Focus on blaming China for covering it up initially if you think that's somehow more damning than dragging your feet in an emergency like western countries have been doing, but i feel differently.
I blamed China for their markets that started this, and for not doing anything for months. I never blamed them for not 100% being able to stop it.

52club

Oct 27, 2017
had a nice anxiety free morning watching uncut gems
That movie was like a preview for the stress levels of 2020.

The problem with the US numbers to me is that numbers without context mean very little. If you aren't testing enough the numbers have no context. I do think the idea that moderation needs to happen in this thread because some people are speculating poor about poor outcomes is problematic. In my opinion the idea that positive thinking will change our circumstances is part of the reason the US finds itself in this situation. I'm actually surprised the US has remained civil for the past week. I hope this continues, but I don't think it is crazy to start worrying about looting breaking out (as an example). Anyway stay safe, and take a break from this thread if you need it. Facts and speculation based on those facts should not be slanted in either direction (optimistic or pessimistic). In a way the posts saying there is this miracle cure, might be even more damaging than a more pessimistic post.

Exhibit A:

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017

I hate posts like this. The point might be sound, but it's lathered in unnecessary fear mongering. I've spent, total, probably about 100 nights in the middle of Manhattan or surrounding Burroughs in the last five years... and EVERY TIME I'm blown away by the constant barrage of medical and police sirens going off around the clock.

Also, like two months ago I was playing games up late at night and I noticed how odd it was here in bum fuck KS that I kept hearing police sirens throughout the night. Next morning and morning after I read the news and not a mention of anything.

There's VERY HIGHLY LIKELY no correlation what so ever between the sirens this person is hearing and what is going on.

EDIT; sorry, not pointing this at the poster! Sorry if it feels I'm attacking you. I'm not. I'm frustrated with these kinds of tweets that's all :)

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
people should stop looking at china numbers, that are not the real numbers at all. western media should also stop repeating the propaganda of "no new infections, third day in a row and all infections there are left were brought in from outside china"

it is 99% bullshit
If what you are saying without data to support is true how do u explain South Korea numbers? Bullshit too?

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Please keep mansplaining how Asians shouldn't get offended by racists guys, lol.
There is nothing racist about pointing out that the virus started because of Chinese wild animal markets and that the CCP initially handled the outbreak as poorly as possible.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
Does California's case number feel low or is it just me? From that number, it sounds like they are slowing the spread very well or not testing enough(which I doubt in that state).

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
I called the markets barbaric, not then people. And I'm talking about the CCP. Again, not the people. Get a grip.
Talking about the "barbaric" animal markets in China and then deflecting to say you're only talking about the CCP (Which, I don't recall them doing state run markets).
Uh huh dude, I get it, you let the mask slip a little but I see it man.
I have zero doubt there are racist idiots blaming the Chinese people. I haven't seen anyone in this thread doing it, though.
Yeah seemingly an entire country of them.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Bruh...you used barbaric describing China...come on now lol.

Let us know how you really feel.
Bruh... I said the wild animal markets are barbaric - and they are. I never said China was. I never said the people were. Maybe correctly read what I wrote, and stop looking to get offended.

Jan 10, 2018

Mostly agree with you, but not each country. South Korea, Taiwan and others did fine. The American rulers shat the bed on purpose, China style. Probably even a bit worse.

igordennis

Oct 25, 2017
I blamed China for their markets that started this, and for not doing anything for months. I never blamed them for not 100% being able to stop it.

I don't necessarily care that you individually make that distinction. Not when you make blanket statements and then have to backtrack and explain them after the fact. Saying "China" and then clarifying that you meant only the CCP and saying "that aint what people are ripping China for" and then being affronted when people tell you that no, a lot of people are ripping China exactly because of racist reasons and that "people" there actually just meant you. Be more careful with your language then and don't demonise an entire country with it. Racist rhetoric lives and breathes on this shit, even if you aren't one yourself.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
China needs to improve on some things, but my far bigger concern is that people are still flying, still going to beaches, still getting packed in lines to hoard food they'll throw out. I'm afraid that in 3 weeks over 10,000 will be dieing every day in the US.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Talking about the "barbaric" animal markets in China and then deflecting to say you're only talking about the CCP (Which, I don't recall them doing state run markets).
Uh huh dude, I get it, you let the mask slip a little but I see it man.

Yeah seemingly an entire country of them.
An aspect of China can be barbaric without saying the people are barbaric. Seriously, fuck off with the mask slipping bullshit. Nothing I said was racist.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Here in Illinois our biggest liquor chain, Binnys, has been deemed essential business. I wonder how much in "campaign contributions" that cost.