• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iyox

Oct 25, 2017
This press conference is like a kid who is presenting a science fair project they came up with on the bus into school that day.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to see reports coming out that it still won't be like 2 months before they can approve it.

He looks worn out.

Oct 25, 2017
Africa sees 'extremely rapid evolution' of pandemic, UN says

JOHANNESBURG (AP) — More African countries closed their borders Thursday as the coronavirus' local spread threatened to turn the continent of 1.3 billion people into an alarming new front for the pandemic.

"About 10 days ago we had about five countries" with the virus, WHO's Africa chief Dr. Matshidiso Moeti told reporters. Now 34 of Africa's 54 countries have cases, with the total close to 650. It's an "extremely rapid evolution," she said. In fact, the first sub-Saharan Africa case was announced Feb. 28.

She said she did not believe that large numbers of infected people are going undetected in Africa. However, she did acknowledge a challenge in the shortage of testing kits. Forty-three countries have testing capability, up from two when the outbreak began.

www.klfy.com

Africa sees ‘extremely rapid evolution’ of pandemic, UN says

JOHANNESBURG (AP) — More African countries closed their borders Thursday as the coronavirus’ local spread threatened to turn the continent of 1.3 billion people into an alarming new front for the p…

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Ramble ramble [drug name] very good, ramble ramble [drug name] very strong, ramble ramble [drug name] very hopeful, maybe not, very good, but maybe not. We have not seen anything like this. Cutting red tape like no other. The best. Chinese Virus.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What the fuck is he even saying anymore? Worse than normal.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to hope they wouldn't let him say this shit if it wasn't somewhat true. Just because the drugs work for one thing doesn't mean that it is safe for another case.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the posters here are a reflection of the American society in the end. Trump naming the "cure", like the posters here will make a lot of people relax and not being careful or even self medicate. If they don't fully work then good look with the epidemic.

Oct 28, 2017
Just got a frantic call from my parents. They said they got a message that Trump is going to invoke the Stafford Act within the next 48-72 hrs. National lockdown, deploying Nat'l Guard. They are freaking out and begging me to come home and stay with them. It's made my anxiety crazy; I live like an hour 30 from them.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
In Osaka. But like people are still moving around the city like nothings wrong:

Check this during the day.

That's the thing. Either through culture or sheer luck, the virus has not spread in Japan enough for all the hospitals to be overrun or for the coronavirus to be cropping up to a significant degree in all areas. Hokkaido individually issued a state of emergency nearly a month ago when there were confirmed cases, urging people in that region to stay inside, and it has evidently been working since Japan isn't currently having an Italy situation. I do not think the virus has run rampant to a significant degree yet, because not only are there still enough hospital beds, but the governors are actually monitoring the situation in their prefectures and willing to declare states of emergencies when needed (I.e. when the amount of coronavirus patients that require critical care in an area reaches a certain threshold). If a region declares a state of emergency and still has those crowds, THAT's when we ought to be worried.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a frantic call from my parents. They said they got a message that Trump is going to invoke the Stafford Act within the next 48-72 hrs. National lockdown, deploying Nat'l Guard. They are freaking out and begging me to come home and stay with them. It's made my anxiety crazy; I live like an hour 30 from them.

That message has been circulating on Facebook for nearly a week now

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
The only question every report needs to ask is "where are the tests"

Why should we believe what you say when past statements haven't been true? would also be a good one.

Big Al

Oct 25, 2017
New York
No college graduation commencement for me, no last few months of class and fun. What are the chances my super fun summer camp job that starts in June gets bagged(in Pennsylvania)? Really relying on that to end this part of my life more fittingly, it's a super fun time

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
It's a rumor that turned into a meme and has been floating around for a week or more. Don't get worked up over it.

iyox

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to hope they wouldn't let him say this shit if it wasn't somewhat true. Just because the drugs work for one thing doesn't mean that it is safe for another case.

I wouldn't hold out hope based on that. He wants to hold on to/communicate out some hope in the immediate future. The vaccine isn't coming in a month, he needed something, and this is a glimmer he can use now. Based on the RA-RA-RA of this presser, and the face of Dr. Birx, I think the situation they are discussing behind the scenes is bleak.