• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Bui830c.png

thats almost a thousand for NYC in the last 2 updates holy shit

dingobingo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I'm not from Ny, nor do i know the history of Andrew Cuomo, and why people in NY dont like him or critizie him. I have to say this guy is a leader, clear, calm, and a very good explainer and excellent demenor for the situation. I have to say even dewine has been good, and I cannot stand the guy and his politics ( I live in Cincinnati)

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
I'm not from Ny, nor do i know the history of Andrew Cuomo, and why people in NY dont like him or critizie him. I have to say this guy is a leader, clear, calm, and a very good explainer and excellent demenor for the situation. I have to say even dewine has been good, and I cannot stand the guy and his politics ( I live in Cincinnati)

U.S Governors are stepping up. Thank God someone is.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

He has been phenomenal.

I agree, this is what a leader looks like.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I'm safe. Patient zero in my case had their test results come up negative. (Isn't it supposed to take 72 hours to the results back? Only been 24) Though he is still really sick from something else.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I work for a small US Cellular store and I just got a text from my manager.

We might be shutting down soon, but as of now, it's business as usual. She just wants us to clean more.

Give me a fucking break. My job mostly consists of troubleshooting phones for older people.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed, ive been very very impressed. Dare I say menuition has been acting extreemly well too (Barf). doing exactly the job he needs to do. Btw, I still think hes a weasel and a degenerate, but i cannot fault him for the current work hes doing.

Cuomo is not liked for a couple of reason in NY from what I gather:

His handling of the MTA. Gov gets blamed for the MTA's fault. Some of it is warranted.

I think the biggest selling paper is the New York Post, a Murdoch rag, that has an anti-deblasio and Anti-cuomo headline every other day.

Not saying that Cuomo is great, just saying this is where most of the hate comes from.

DickGrayson

Alt Account
Jan 30, 2020

Lets be fair, we may be so surprised today with Cuomo simply because his federal counterpart is just awful.

That said, he has done a good job.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Don´t worry. Almost none of us will be working by the start of next week linkboy. That´s when the STONKS really start dancing.

Bavaria justed started the German curfew wave beginning this night:
www.tagesschau.de

tagesschau.de - die erste Adresse für Nachrichten und Information

tagesschau.de - die erste Adresse für Nachrichten und Information: An 365 Tagen im Jahr, rund um die Uhr aktualisiert - die wichtigsten News des Tages

The China + Germany partnership ain´t surprising. We get along. Trump and Merkel (the face of the EU) on the other hand. Hoho. You saw the vaccine buyout news. That was fucked. She denounced him fairly fast in 2017. They were and ramain done. When and how shit got real back then for my fellow Staatsbürger:
www.sueddeutsche.de

Chronologie der Merkel-Trump-Beziehung

Wenn die deutsche Kanzlerin auf den US-Präsidenten trifft, stehen sich Welten gegenüber. Was sich Merkel und Trump bisher zu sagen hatten.

dingobingo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Cuomo is not liked for a couple of reason in NY from what I gather:

His handling of the MTA. Gov gets blamed for the MTA's fault. Some of it is warranted.

I think the biggest selling paper is the New York Post, a Murdoch rag, that has an anti-deblasio and Anti-cuomo headline every other day.

Not saying that Cuomo is great, just saying this is where most of the hate comes from.

Fair enough, regadless he will be lauded and rightly so for proper leadership.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You will probably get more also from the mass of Malaysians coming into Singapore before the lockdown. Definitely should've been handled better by the Malaysian side. I imagine the crowd of people and traffic jam could produce some clusters :\

Definitely. They should have given people more time. Even an extra day would have been good. My dad's friend was stuck in traffic for 7 hours to get his son and wife back to Singapore, and then drove back immediately because he has to be back in Malaysia to handle his business.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
Hokkaido to lift state of emergency over coronavirus on Thurs.

english.kyodonews.net

Hokkaido to lift state of emergency over coronavirus on Thurs.

Japan's northernmost main island of Hokkaido will lift Thursday a state of emergency declared late last month following the rapid spread of the new coronavirus, its governor says.

Japan still continues to mystify me.
Despite being one of the first countries to have confirmed infections it's as if the virus never really took hold here. It's still largely business as usual for most people.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
Japan still continues to mystify me.
Despite being one of the first countries to have confirmed infections it's as if the virus never really took hold here. It's still largely business as usual for most people.

I think it was posted last night Japan was deliberately testing to 1/6 of its current capacity, so I wonder what's actually happening behind closed doors. So you see people are just minding their business as usual? That's wild...

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
I think it was posted last night Japan was deliberately testing to 1/6 of its current capacity, so I wonder what's actually happening behind closed doors. So you see people are just minding their business as usual? That's wild...

They're basically cheating (and probably writing deaths off as something else than covid if there was some other pre-existing conditions) presumably IMHO to pretend it's still OK to hold the olympics.

Mar 3, 2019
Minnesota just narrowed their criteria for who is allowed to get tested to emergency personel only. So stupid, accurate testing is never going to happen at this rate.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017

I don't believe there's been an increase in hospitalizations etc., so I'm starting to believe the virus just hasn't infected many. There's been a few clusters in different cities but it's not really ramped up to outbreak levels, it's stayed at a generally manageable number, with relatively few deaths.
And yeah, I went to the supermarket earlier, there's no panic buying, plenty of people in the streets and on the train.

52club

Oct 27, 2017
Get your shopping done before these payments go out in the US (if you can), because unless they stagger them it is going to strain grocery stores.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
I don't believe there's been an increase in hospitalizations etc., so I'm starting to believe the virus just hasn't infected many. There's been a few clusters in different cities but it's not really ramped up to outbreak levels, it's stayed at a generally manageable number, with relatively few deaths.
And yeah, I went to the supermarket earlier, there's no panic buying, plenty of people in the streets and on the train.

That's seriously amazing and so strange at the same time...

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there a case of a dude in China getting it, recovering, then getting again and dying?
It's unlikely they got it "again". What seems to have happened there is that they seemed well enough to leave the hospital, got worse once they left, and weren't able to get back to the hospital before their condition deteriorated.

FoxJenkins

Dec 12, 2017
My job is floating us being quarantined in the mill for two weeks with a skeleton crew. I'm not sure this is right and not sure what to do.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
That's seriously amazing and so strange at the same time...
It's really bizarre seeing my family and friends back in the UK become gradually gripped with panic and hysteria, and the news in Europe and America and then stepping outside here.

As it stands I'll be going back to work next Tuesday as though the whole thing has come to an end, unless things take a turn for the worse (which I keep expecting)

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's unlikely they got it "again". What seems to have happened there is that they seemed well enough to leave the hospital, got worse once they left, and weren't able to get back to the hospital before their condition deteriorated.

Purely anecdotal but a Briton that lives in Wuhan described that very thing in an webcam interview from quarantine. He indicated that he initially felt like he had a cold, began to get better, then got substantially worse with very bad flu symptoms and eventually developed pneumonia.

www.youtube.com

Briton who contracted coronavirus in Wuhan explains symptoms

British man Connor Reed caught Covid-19 while working in the Chinese city of Wuhan, the centre of the coronavirus outbreak. The 25-year-old said the disease ...

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I work in a paper mill. They want us to basically live there for two weeks. That's the idea management is floating.

Unless you are making something really fucking important for the sake of society, fuck that. Even then, that is obviously a big sacrifice.

And what happens if one of you is infected, and you are all close together for 24 hours a day for those first few days before they show symptoms? Then you could all be seriously fucked.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Purely anecdotal but a Briton that lives in Wuhan described that very thing in an webcam interview from quarantine. He indicated that he initially felt like he had a cold, began to get better, then got substantially worse with very bad flu symptoms and eventually developed pneumonia.

www.youtube.com

Briton who contracted coronavirus in Wuhan explains symptoms

British man Connor Reed caught Covid-19 while working in the Chinese city of Wuhan, the centre of the coronavirus outbreak. The 25-year-old said the disease ...
Is this the ESL teacher who was drinking whiskey to go to sleep, and then refused to take the medication a doctor prescribed him?