• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
Not everyone, unfortunately. I read online some majors complaining about too many people running in parks. My mother saw on Sunday some families with children playing in a little park, mostly hidden.
I think many people are following the restrictions put into place, and they are giving a great contribution, anyway. Then of course it is impossible to convince everyone that Covid-19 is really serious, unfortunately...

I imagined so... Thanks. I'm starting to plan for when people start to ignore those same restrictions over here. It will be extra difficult since I don't think our government will even enforce those measures. I'm just hoping to be proven wrong in due time.

Nice. Don't fart though because everyone will know who it was.

😹

GK86

Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Andrew Cuomo on Twitter

“NEW: Effective immediately, @NewYorkStateAG & I are suspending state debt collection. NYers with student debt, medical debt & other state-referred debt will have payments frozen for at least 30 days. We're doing all we can to support those suffering financially due to #COVID19.”

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, Trump kicked a bunch of Chinese reporters and designated all Chinese media foreign agents last week. This a retaliation, but I don't think a smart one.
It actually started when China kicked out three WSJ reporters, and Trump responded with what you posted. We'll see if it ends here but I doubt it.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why does Italy seem to have such a substantially higher death percentage than like anywhere else in the world? What is the reason for that?

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes in response to China kicking out reporters from the WSJ. China is the root cause of the current dispute
It actually started when China kicked out three WSJ reporters, and Trump responded with what you posted. We'll see if it ends here but I doubt it.
Each country try to pick a random point in time and point and say - "see? they started this!", but this crap has been going on for a while and it's always been fucking stupid.
With that being said, right now, America is trying to pick a fight with China waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than China is trying to pick a fight with the US.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
My friends are asking my wife & I to come over their house this weekend. My wife hates saying no, & it hurts to tell them so, but we just have to.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really worried here in NYC, especially for my mother and sister who are in medical and health services so they cant just work from home. Ugh, and all signs point to things getting worse.

The Chinese were the ones that originated the carnival of stupid and the latest action by them is pretty revolting. Not for sure what people were expecting when the Chinese originally kicked reporters out
Moreover, they have been planting seeds that the US are the ones responsible for bringing the virus to China which is ridiculous.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
Each country try to pick a random point in time and point and say - "see? they started this!", but this crap has been going on for a while and it's always been fucking stupid.
With that being said, right now, America is trying to pick a fight with China waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than China is trying to pick a fight with the US.
Don't make up bullshit. China started the fight and their shit deservedly needs to be called out. Making people that criticize them disappear and pulling this bullshit is absolutely revolting.

Mar 3, 2019

Thats certainly a take considering this was all superceded by CCP officials floating the idea that the whole virus was an American plot. But I have never known you to actually criticize the CCP so your response is not unexpected. But definatelly not a good look on either side to be removing journalists, especially in the US since we tend to hold freedom of the press etc to a higher standard.

alex.magnus

Oct 28, 2017
Could be the southern parts of Italy catching up to the north, which is also why deaths haven't peaked in Italy yet I think

unfortunately the most new infections are in the north:
we do have regional breakdowns

the columns are:
Region - Hospitalized - ICU - Home Quarantine - Total Positive - recovered - deceased - grand total - tests

TODAY:
uonMFmc.png

the 13th
HLUc81n.png

I do not save it every day, but if you guys want I could begin to do it

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Welp, already 4 cases on the city where I live in Mexico. I'm now legit worried especially for my parents since they're 60+ year olds. My dad tends to get sick with the flu frequently so this makes things more nerve-wrecking because he still has to go out in order to work and takes the bus everyday. Hoping for the best...

I'm on a plane. Literally no other passengers. So weird a feeling.
Just imagine it's your very own private plane and relax. Stay safe!

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
Off topic but how are you feeling today? I know you had mentioned you had some symptoms. Good to see you're still posting!

Oh thanks for the concern! Just called the doctor and she said I shouldn't be too worried unless I get a 39 C° fever again. Today is the first day without a fever (day 6 now). I have to self isolate a week longer but there's still no way to get tested with mild symptoms.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
Welp, already 4 cases on the city where I live in Mexico. I'm now legit worried especially for my parents since they're 60+ year olds. My dad tends to get sick with the flu frequently so this makes things more nerve-wrecking because he still has to go out in order to work and takes the bus everyday. Hoping for the best...

Just imagine it's your very own private plane and relax. Stay safe!

I can't believe the government won't declare we're at Phase 2 already. We've been there for weeks, probably. It's so irresponsible of them at this point.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't make up bullshit. China started the fight and their shit deservedly needs to be called out. Making people that criticize them disappear and pulling this bullshit is absolutely revolting.
Thats certainly a take considering this was all superceded by CCP officials floating the idea that the whole virus was an American plot. But I have never known you to actually criticize the CCP so your response is not unexpected. But definatelly not a good look on either side to be removing journalists, especially in the US since we tend to hold freedom of the press etc to a higher standard.
China wants good relationship with the US and 100% is willing to work with America to fight this virus.
Republicans are looking for reasons to fight with them because CoMmUnIsM and because it will distract the American public from how bad they manage this shit, and ya'll are rooting for this and I'm not sure why.

And FFS, look at how the president of the US is talking about China, look at how Mike Pomeo and Marco Rubio are talking about it, you don't see anything like this from the highest levels of Chinese government.
There are some dumbasses in the party who say dumb conspiratorial shit, and I don't think it's a good reason to pick a fight with China right now.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yo this MOTHER FUCKER

For once, just for once, I would love to see a reporter or someone from his cabinet to publicly call this man a fucking moron right to his face for the world to see....just for someone to blow up in his fucking face

Why was there no pushback on his fucking statement about always believing it was a pandemic...why? Fucking why!? Holy shit that is so frustrating to watch. His handling of this entire situation has been absolutely disgusting.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Friends are beginning to lose their jobs. If they are not made whole by the government, I don't think any of us will stand for it this time. 2008 was too recent, and my generation was already fucked into oblivion due to that.

Strangiato

Oct 28, 2017
I believe it's their percentage of old people.
Also their entire healthcare infrastructure was decimated by the sudden influx of sick people which impacts people suffering from "typical" health problems, not just the coronavirus patients themselves . i.e. heart attack patients, strokes, kidney failure, sepsis, copd exacerbations, accidents, etc. etc.

This is what the rest of the world needs to minimize as much as possible. The coronavirus will kill more than just the coronavirus patients.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
Oh thanks for the concern! Just called the doctor and she said I shouldn't be too worried unless I get a 39 C° fever again. Today is the first day without a fever (day 6 now). I have to self isolate a week longer but there's still no way to get tested with mild symptoms.
Bummer that you can't get tested but it's good to hear that your fever is down! Sounds like you're on the mend :)

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Those Italy numbers are heartbreaking. Solidarity with Italy and her people right now.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
China wants good relationship with the US and 100% is willing to work with America to fight this virus.
Republicans are looking for reasons to fight with them because CoMmUnIsM and because it will distract the American public from how bad they manage this shit, and ya'll are rooting for this and I'm not sure why.

And FFS, look at how the president of the US is talking about China, look at how Mike Pomeo and Marco Rubio are talking about it, you don't see anything like this from the highest levels of Chinese government.
There are some dumbasses in the party who say dumb conspiratorial shit, and I don't think it's a good reason to pick a fight with China right now.
Man I wish I was good with GIFs for this one.

No matter, just going to move on.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017

China got pissy when they got called out they fucked it up in the beginning. Them aggressively silencing all critics and distracting from their own failures is disturbing. Frankly it's disgusting that you keep hand waving every single action by them and blaming on the United States. At least our media actually criticizes trump and the republican response. Stop trying to deflect and make this about something its not

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For once, just for once, I would love to see a reporter or someone from his cabinet to publicly call this man a fucking moron right to his face for the world to see....just for someone to blow up in his fucking face

Why was there no pushback on his fucking statement about always believing it was a pandemic...why? Fucking why!? Holy shit that is so frustrating to watch. His handling of this entire situation has been absolutely disgusting.
Yeah. I don't understand why or how there isn't greater civil disobedience.

gr0w

Oct 28, 2017
Some thoughts on the situation in the UK and the Netherlands. UK was first to follow the approach of herd immunity, meaning the goal of reaching 60% infection rate in the polulation in order to have enough immunity. The Dutch government just jumped on the train yesterday evening, because it makes most sense from an economic perspective, but nobody felt the need to point out the effects for high risk people. Needless to elaborate on this now I guess...

translate.google.com

Coronavirus in Großbritannien: Großbritannien zieht nach

Mit den Maßnahmen, die in Großbritannien nun wegen des Coronavirus greifen, ist die Regierung spät dran. Sorgen bereitet vor allem die Dunkelziffer der Erkrankungen.

The German times just published this article that the UK government did a complete 180 just now after scientists agreed that herd immunity is not doable, so instead they are now persuing a similar approach than Italy, France, Spain. I hope the Dutch government will follow.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man I wish I was good with GIFs for this one.

No matter, just going to move on.
China got pissy when they got called out they fucked it up in the beginning. Them aggressively silencing all critics and distracting from their own failures is disturbing. Frankly it's disgusting that you keep hand waving every single action by them and blaming on the United States. At least our media actually criticizes trump and the republican response. Stop trying to deflect and make this about something its not
Why are ya'll so eager to pick a fight with China right now?
For real, don't pretend this is something China wants, this is driven by the Trump administration, they're not even hiding it.
I don't get it.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
Some thoughts on the situation in the UK and the Netherlands. UK was first to follow the approach of herd immunity, meaning the goal of reaching 60% infection rate in the polulation in order to have enough immunity. The Dutch government just jumped on the train yesterday evening, because it makes most sense from an economic perspective, but nobody felt the need to point out the effects for high risk people. Needless to elaborate on this now I guess...

translate.google.com

Coronavirus in Großbritannien: Großbritannien zieht nach

Mit den Maßnahmen, die in Großbritannien nun wegen des Coronavirus greifen, ist die Regierung spät dran. Sorgen bereitet vor allem die Dunkelziffer der Erkrankungen.

The German times just published this article that the UK government did a complete 180 just now after scientists agreed that herd immunity is not doable, so instead they are now persuing a similar approach than Italy, France, Spain. I hope the Dutch government will follow.

That's great news. Aiming for herd immunity with this virus is asking for a massacre. People dying at their homes the exact same way we saw it happening in Wuhan. No fucking way.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
For the past week I had this cough, sneezing, stuffy and running nose. At worst I've been tired but that's because I work late at night.

I want to say that this is nothing more than allergies because there's tons of pollen at my apartment's parking lot. I feel fine, early last year I got the flu and remember how awful I feel and could barely go to work.

The anxiety of having to go to work at a Disney resort hotel and having to commute isn't making things better. Especially when I see cast members and guests coughing lately.

gr0w

Oct 28, 2017
What is the take here on countries stopping with testing?

I am really annoyed after I found out today that there is no testing anymore in the Netherlands when you are not part of the "risk group" (over 70, asthma etc.). So even if you had proven contact with an infected person etc. and symptoms you won't get tested anymore, meaning there is no more tracking.

But then again the governments continue to push out numbers of "new infections" that basically don't mean shit anymore taking into account that basically no testing is getting done. The new numbers only reflect the numbers of risk patients that got tested, not anyone outside of that group.
I think people should really be aware of that when discussing and quoting infection numbers in this thread....

boi

Nov 1, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory Commentary
Stop blaming China. This whole virus is our own fault, from beginning to end. In fact, you are just as guilty as any Chinese merchant at that Wuhan wet market where it all began. The fact of the matter is humans are beings that eat the dead carcasses of animals. Our disgusting addiction to meat is the whole reason this mess has started and needs to stop.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Is there an average age range for Italy's deaths? I know they've got a very old population.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
German Big Brother contestants are getting informed about the whole pandemic live on TV right now. They haven't been told about what happened in the outside world the whole time. This is so surreal to watch.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What is the take here on countries stopping with testing?

I am really annoyed after I found out today that there is no testing anymore in the Netherlands when you are not part of the "risk group" (over 70, asthma etc.). So even if you had proven contact with an infected person etc. and symptoms you won't get tested anymore, meaning there is no more tracking.

But then again the governments continue to push out numbers of "new infections" that basically don't mean shit anymore taking into account that basically no testing is getting done. The new numbers only reflect the numbers of risk patients that got tested, not anyone outside of that group.
I think people should really be aware of that when discussing and quoting infection numbers in this thread....
The WHO and every country that got this under control has been stressing that extensive testing is the most important thing you can do.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
For real, don't pretend this is something China wants, this is driven by the Trump administration, they're not even hiding it.
I don't get it.
My comment was only on the section I bolded which is not true at all. I don't care about the rest really.

Mar 3, 2019
I don't get it.

I'm sorry Chikor but you are way off base and coming off like a CCP PR mouthpiece. Claiming through official sources that the United States weaponized the flu and attacked China with it and being the creator of it, is not something you do when you are looking to cooperate with another country.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
My friends are asking my wife & I to come over their house this weekend. My wife hates saying no, & it hurts to tell them so, but we just have to.
Don't go. Not only do you protect them from direct contact with yourselves, you make it more like they will change their own behaviour. No one likes to be the first person to react, when other people think it's an overreaction. Be that person, and help your friends.